JordanWCE

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 1, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea FC, West Perth
Xavier Ellis let it slip on his latest podcast that Hamish will be in the WAFL side, I guess that's the captain Gossage was alluding to.

boondy

I pity the fool
Nov 15, 2013
Here
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Yes
Xavier Ellis let it slip on his latest podcast that Hamish will be in the WAFL side, I guess that's the captain Gossage was alluding to.
Hamish will make a great Beagle captain .

new breed

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 8, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
Cedric Cox a chance to play for WAFL Eagles , was a chance to be drafted at our first rookie pick but went Zane Trew intead when Trew was available .
Yes and Hamish set to play for Eagles WAFL .

Dark Sharks

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 21, 2011
Maynard was blocked
AFL Club
West Coast
So much conflicting news in this thread.

Do we actually have the standalone team confirmed yet? Looking like we might, which would be amazing.

Odd our entire team has been gutted though. Starting from scratch with even MORE ammo's players required as we've got a smaller list going into 2021.

MrWoollie

All Australian
Jul 28, 2008
England
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Lincoln City Imps, West Perth
That's great news. I've always thought that a dedicated WAFL team was extremely important for training and cohesiveness and development and bonding, especially for the young interstate guys.

For years it was a missing link, then it came, then it went and looked like not coming back. Now it's back.

Couldn't be happier.

Bleedblueandgold

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 9, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
How would it work if we end up having to play blocks of games interstate which aren't scheduled until later? Can't see those rounds being cancelled, so I guess our WAFL side would consist only of non-Eagles listed players during those times.

Eastcoasteagle

Club Legend
Oct 20, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
Took a crack at WAFL side for 2021, taking into account I don't think Yeo will be fit for seniors so have facted those I think will be in the AFL side come round 1.

Backline a bit weak and make shift, but the midfield and forward lines look strong.

Can the club please post all the games on a youtube channel this year? Shouldn't be that hard.

WAFLInterchange
FBJohnsonFoleyAinsworth
HBEdwardsEdwardsHutchings
CPetrecuelleTrewC.CoxJamieson
HFAh CheeBranderWinder
FFCameronVardyJones
RWilliamsO'NeillBrayshaw

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chris_6678

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 29, 2007
Perth Western Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Foley as a FB? lol I think Brander might spend time as the CHB while Hedwards would be the FB ( put on some serious size).

A midfield of Williams , Trew & Neil could help with developing our depth in that area.

Eastcoasteagle

Club Legend
Oct 20, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
Foley as a FB? lol I think Brander might spend time as the CHB while Hedwards would be the FB ( put on some serious size).

A midfield of Williams , Trew & Neil could help with developing our depth in that area.
Brander is the one who could play either end, I went for CHF as I think he's better suited there but wouldn't be surprised with Brander CHB and Edwards FB.
Foley FB purely as he's 3rd tall defender type and he was the only option, but expect him to play back pocket in that role and we acquire another tall defender to play that position.

Yeah, young ruckline looks pretty damn good.

Chris_6678

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 29, 2007
Perth Western Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Brander is the one who could play either end, I went for CHF as I think he's better suited there but wouldn't be surprised with Brander CHB and Edwards FB.
Foley FB purely as he's 3rd tall defender type and he was the only option, but expect him to play back pocket in that role and we acquire another tall defender to play that position.

Yeah, young ruckline looks pretty damn good.
Yeah like our ruck depth.

If Rotham isnt getting a game he could play that FB role if needed.

Keys

Looking for a cloud to yell at
Oct 11, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Bengals
Took a crack at WAFL side for 2021, taking into account I don't think Yeo will be fit for seniors so have facted those I think will be in the AFL side come round 1.

Backline a bit weak and make shift, but the midfield and forward lines look strong.

Can the club please post all the games on a youtube channel this year? Shouldn't be that hard.

WAFLInterchange
FBJohnsonFoleyAinsworth
HBEdwardsEdwardsHutchings
CPetrecuelleTrewC.CoxJamieson
HFAh CheeBranderWinder
FFCameronVardyJones
RWilliamsO'NeillBrayshaw
I assume you’ve got Duggan covering Yeo in the midfield which is fair

Based on the defenders you’ve listed all of Nelson, Cole, Witherden and Rotham are in the main 22 which imo is one too many. One of them comes back into defence

One of Petch, Jones or Achee to go in to the 22 as Langdon would be the only small forward joining Ryan otherwise

I suspect Williams will be in the seniors meaning either Allen or Watetman misses out

So my side would be

FB : Johnson Hedwards Foley

HB : Ledwards Rotham Cox

C: Ainsworth Trew O’Neill

HF : Achee Brander Winder

FF : Cameron Waterman Jones

R : Vardy Hutchings Brayshaw

I/C : Jamieson

Eastcoasteagle

Club Legend
Oct 20, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
I assume you’ve got Duggan covering Yeo in the midfield which is fair

Based on the defenders you’ve listed all of Nelson, Cole, Witherden and Rotham are in the main 22 which imo is one too many. One of them comes back into defence

One of Petch, Jones or Achee to go in to the 22 as Langdon would be the only small forward joining Ryan otherwise

I suspect Williams will be in the seniors meaning either Allen or Watetman misses out

So my side would be

FB : Johnson Hedwards Foley

HB : Ledwards Rotham Cox

C: Ainsworth Trew O’Neill

HF : Achee Brander Winder

FF : Cameron Waterman Jones

R : Vardy Hutchings Brayshaw

I/C : Jamieson
Correct, I had

Cole Barrass Hurn
Witherden Gov Shep
Int: Rotham, and Nelson in is as a utility (Midfield/Defender) to cover Yeo.

Duggan went into midfield rotations.

WCErevival

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 28, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Reading FC
For mine he's clearly best suited as a nullifier, so BP suits as can close down dangerous small fwds or rotate in midfield to pick up a mid.
He doesnt have the pace or kicking ability for the defence. A zippy small forward would destroy him. His tank allows him to negate in the midfield.

Remove this Banner Ad