2nds West Coast Eagles WAFL Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dylan82

May have gone a bit early, there’s a update in the club site/app. XON, Reid & Camo all played

The biggest individual challenges in this COVID-19 impacted season is the capacity for the players who are not selected in the senior team to force their way into the line-up.

With most second-tier competitions yet to start – and AFL-listed players unable to play in those leagues when they roar to life – managing a level of match play has been difficult.

In the last fortnight, though, through a spirit of co-operation with Gold Coast and Brisbane, the Eagles players not selected for the AFL team have been able to compete in match simulation.

And several players are ensuring their names are part of the discussion at match committee.

Jake Waterman, Bailey Williams and Jamaine Jones were all emergencies against the Lions – along with Tom Cole who was held out – and they did their prospects no harm in an early morning hit-out against the Lions.

Waterman and Jones split their time between midfield and forward in a three period match while Williams played mainly forward as Nathan Vardy and Tom Hickey shared ruck responsibilities.

Hamish Brayshaw bullocked his way through the midfield and along with fellow youngsters Xavier O’Neill and Brayden Ainsworth gained plenty of touches and exerted a strong influence on the battle.

Harry Edwards and Luke Foley continue to develop in defence and benefited from having four-time all-Australian Jeremy McGovern alongside them. Jackson Nelson were also among the shining lights at half-back while Francis Watson played with his usual flair.

Anthony Treacy again showed some good traits while Jarrod Cameron and Nic Reid were prominent before sitting out the last period because they were on managed minutes.

Dylan82

May have gone a bit early, there’s a update in the club site/app. XON, Reid & Camo all played

The biggest individual challenges in this COVID-19 impacted season is the capacity for the players who are not selected in the senior team to force their way into the line-up.

With most second-tier competitions yet to start – and AFL-listed players unable to play in those leagues when they roar to life – managing a level of match play has been difficult.

In the last fortnight, though, through a spirit of co-operation with Gold Coast and Brisbane, the Eagles players not selected for the AFL team have been able to compete in match simulation.

And several players are ensuring their names are part of the discussion at match committee.

Jake Waterman, Bailey Williams and Jamaine Jones were all emergencies against the Lions – along with Tom Cole who was held out – and they did their prospects no harm in an early morning hit-out against the Lions.

Waterman and Jones split their time between midfield and forward in a three period match while Williams played mainly forward as Nathan Vardy and Tom Hickey shared ruck responsibilities.

Hamish Brayshaw bullocked his way through the midfield and along with fellow youngsters Xavier O’Neill and Brayden Ainsworth gained plenty of touches and exerted a strong influence on the battle.

Harry Edwards and Luke Foley continue to develop in defence and benefited from having four-time all-Australian Jeremy McGovern alongside them. Jackson Nelson were also among the shining lights at half-back while Francis Watson played with his usual flair.

Anthony Treacy again showed some good traits while Jarrod Cameron and Nic Reid were prominent before sitting out the last period because they were on managed minutes.

Thanks for the update - sounds like a positive run by the seconds.

Encouraging to hear that both Cameron and Reid were able to play a half of football and thus their availability for senior selection is drawing closer.

I have a feeling that the two of them will become very important for our structure as the season progresses.

Thanks for the update - sounds like a positive run by the seconds.

Encouraging to hear that both Cameron and Reid were able to play a half of football and thus their availability for senior selection is drawing closer.

I have a feeling that the two of them will become very important for our structure as the season progresses.
Reid? If he's getting senior games it's not a good sign.

Sounds like everyone was BOG. I dont really trust WCE's own review of the game. Be nice to get an outside opinion.

I reckon it’s deliberate, they don’t want to telegraph to upcoming opposition who’s pushing for selection.

Why develop Foley in the backline when we have Cole, Watson, Nelson etc on the list and basically ZERO decent young mids.

Guess he’s not up to it.

Because that all he can play he is not a midfielders a-hole.

He is a bust..... mind you a very athletic bust....apparently.

Reid? If he's getting senior games it's not a good sign.

Lecras MkII.

Marks, tackles, kicks goals and is capable of rotating higher up the ground.

Is also a player that has a history of rapidly adapting well each time he has played at a higher level.

His forward pressure alone would be an improvement upon Petruccelle and Ah Chee (just 4 tackles in total between them over the past two weeks).

Lecras MkII.

Is also a player that has a history of rapidly adapting well each time he has played at a higher level.

His forward pressure alone would be an improvement upon Petruccelle and Ah Chee (just 4 tackles in total between them over the past two weeks).
Ashton Hams MkII more like

Lecras MkII.

Ashton Hams MkII more like
Hams could actually kick the footy.

Is pressure all it takes to get a game these days? Bloke can't finish at WAFL level, can't believe we gave him a spot on an elite level list.

Because that all he can play he is not a midfielders a-hole.

He is a bust..... mind you a very athletic bust....apparently.
Spoke to someone recently whos played with/against foley ,Jamieson and Johnson. Thinks they are all very long odds to make it.
Hope hes wrong but I'd back his judgement

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Spoke to someone recently whos played with/against foley ,Jamieson and Johnson. Thinks they are all very long odds to make it.
Hope hes wrong but I'd back his judgement

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
That's disappointing, especially about Foley who was a relatively high draft pick. The other two were just shots in the dark. Surprised about picking Jamieson, he would take years if he ever made it. Recruiting certainly is a very inexact science.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why develop Foley in the backline when we have Cole, Watson, Nelson etc on the list and basically ZERO decent young mids.

Guess he’s not up to it.

Doubt all of them will be there in 2021. Not sure who had Foley pegged as a midfielder, he’s a flanker or wingman.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jumps off as soon as we're about to hit the finals. What a fool.

Leggett forced to stay though, so there's that at least.
Leggett finally makes his way to East Freo.

Apparently he wasn’t going to suit up for the Demons anyway this season and play for North Freo instead? No idea how that would have worked given he’s contracted to us.

It’s been reported that an admin error from Perth meant the transfer could go through, but it sounds like there’s some bad blood involved I reckon.

Anyway. Good luck to the other Sharks players this season.

Pleasing that Cameron features a fair bit in there. Also some decent moments from Treacy and Foley.

Think I spotted everyone I thought would be available apart from Ainsworth (presumably on standby for today), Johnson (presumably didn’t get up) and Jetta (?)

Pleasing that Cameron features a fair bit in there. Also some decent moments from Treacy and Foley.

Think I spotted everyone I thought would be available apart from Ainsworth (presumably on standby for today), Johnson (presumably didn’t get up) and Jetta (?)

I thought XON looked ok too and the Big Fella Bailey Williams nice tackle and pack mark.

Not putting him up for selection yet but, going forward, Jamieson looked to be moving pretty well for a guy 200cm tall.

Thanks for posting that Miguel :thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back