2nds West Coast Eagles WAFL Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 8, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
Adrian Hickmont new coach of Eagles WAFL team , Luke Webster moved into a role in the Eagles AFL team .
Have some new top up players ...added 2016 Jack Clarke medalist Michael Humble while former Claremont trio Seb Bentley , Harry Sinclair and Ben Fitzgerald have signed as top-up players as has Eaton Boomers goal machine Jarrad Humphries .

Oct 29, 2007
Perth Western Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Adrian Hickmont new coach of Eagles WAFL team , Luke Webster moved into a role in the Eagles AFL team .
Have some new top up players ...added 2016 Jack Clarke medalist Michael Humble while former Claremont trio Seb Bentley , Harry Sinclair and Ben Fitzgerald have signed as top-up players as has Eaton Boomers goal machine Jarrad Humphries .

Surprised with the Hickmott move. Wasn't he one of the senior assistants/ Mid coach?

Sep 8, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
Surprised with the Hickmott move. Wasn't he one of the senior assistants/ Mid coach?

Not sure but at the club ten years and started in WA coaching SD Colts which is a good starting place . Hickmont has good experience I reckon it's a good move plus Luke Webster gets more of a chance in the AFL system .

Jarrad Humphries could be another forward option mid season draft if the other four don't make it at a guess .

Oct 29, 2007
Perth Western Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Not sure but at the club ten years and started in WA coaching SD Colts which is a good starting place . Hickmont has good experience I reckon it's a good move plus Luke Webster gets more of a chance in the AFL system .

Jarrad Humphries could be another forward option mid season draft if the other four don't make it at a guess .

Might have his eyes on an AFL coaching role one day. Coaching a WAFL side is a good step also.

Winky

Club Legend
Jan 7, 2009
Sunshine coast
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Swan Districts

Have my doubts about Webster. He was at Carlton in development role when they spiralled downwards and didn't seem to do anything startling at East Perth. Who knows though, you would think the club knows what it's doing

Wild Kelly

Club Legend
Mar 23, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
Have my doubts about Webster. He was at Carlton in development role when they spiralled downwards and didn't seem to do anything startling at East Perth. Who knows though, you would think the club knows what it's doing
His dad, Ron, was a mate of Nisbet.

sambutlerfan

Debutant
Apr 18, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
Good for Hickmott, was a damn smart player, think it's transferred over to coaching, he sounds pretty well respected. Bit of a shame for the AFL team to lose a wise head from match day. But good chance for him, is possibly eyeing off a senior AFL gig

TOA.

Premiership Player
Oct 30, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast

I think theres a chance this is a demotion for him. May have a year to run on a contract and decided to shuffle him to a side development role in the AFL side rather than being in charge of coaching a team and all our young players. I like Hickmott, think he is well suited.

Dec 19, 2007
perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
soccer rugby union and le
I agree Winky.Some of the tactics he employed [Esp with a view to AFL development}left a bit to be desired.

Will we get to be the home team at all this year?? Would be good to play some games in the royal jumper instead of yellow all the time

The West Coast Eagles WAFL team has been assigned official home games for the first time after the formal release of the 2020 fixture today.

While the WAFL Eagles were assigned only away matches in 2019, their first in the State’s premier competition, they will play two home matches at Mineral Resources Park next season.

The Eagles will play against South Fremantle on Easter Saturday (April 11) and in round 19 against East Perth (August 16) at their home base

Official home games against Souths and East Perth. Doubt we’d wear royal against the royals as it’s an obvious clash. The royal against South Freo would be good though

Full fixture for those interested

DF40BAAA-78D0-490D-856B-35941A4714E8.png

Last edited:

FKASC

Reid’s Like Copium
May 28, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Good signs for the Beagles performance I reckon. Hickmott won’t be treating the games like training opportunities.

hopefully this doesn’t mean they prioritise more senior bodies over development of the kids, and instead translates to better development in general.

Hopefully Webster gets a minor role

Wild Kelly

Club Legend
Mar 23, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
Anyone know if Petrie going around again this year ?
He played in a recent scratch match but only to make up the numbers. He played last year because of a dearth of talls and experience. With only one of Vardy, Williams, Hickey and Jamieson (extremely doubtful) expected to partner Nic or play as key forwards and Edwards fit together with Rotham, Schofield and Brander for key back positions you would think we probably don't need him......fingers crossed.

Oct 8, 2007
WESTERN AUSTRALIA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
FLO-RIDA , PITBULL ,SEAN PAUL
He played in a recent scratch match but only to make up the numbers. He played last year because of a dearth of talls and experience. With only one of Vardy, Williams, Hickey and Jamieson (extremely doubtful) expected to partner Nic or play as key forwards and Edwards fit together with Rotham, Schofield and Brander for key back positions you would think we probably don't need him......fingers crossed.

I hope he does as he adds good leadership to the tall defenders Rotham and Edwards ..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back