2nds West Coast Eagles WAFL Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Understandably hurting, but a bit disrespectful imo taking the Simpson medal off straight away after getting from a member of the Simpson family, I would have at least waited 15sec to say a few words and get off stage before taking it off
Thought the exact same thing.

Erasmus, Vanirsen and Van Rooyen all playing in this colts GF.

Are these kids all first generation Aussie Rules players as the offspring of the Saffa diaspora in the western suburbs (Claremont) and northern coastal corridor (Subiaco)?

Would have usually gravitated to rugby union I would have thought but when in Rome I suppose.
If they are, wouldn’t that make them eligible for cat b?

If they are, wouldn’t that make them eligible for cat b?

Would depend on if the grew up in Aus and are citizens

"In addition to these six rookie-listed players, each club can include up to three additional players (now referred to as Category B rookies) on its Rookie List provided the player either:

• has not registered in an Australian Football competition for three years immediately before inclusion on the Rookie List;
• is an international player, meaning he is not an Australian citizen and has not lived in Australia for a substantial period;
• is a former NSW Scholarship player with that club;
• is a former International Scholarship player with that club;
• is a rookie Zone Selection for clubs based in NSW or Queensland."

But I thought you said he isn’t interested in AFL? :think:
Not what I said, what I heard. Doesn’t mean I wouldn’t love him at WC.

In reality I don’t think WC will go there again. 25 years old and just stringing together consistent footy... it’s probably too late. Plus we have enough forwards for the future.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Vozzo .... WCE wont be sharing players amongst the WAFL sides next year it's a new host team arrangement or enter a stand alone team again in the WAFL ( with significant financial and recruiting concessions ) .

This could take a while to work out ..

Vozzo .... WCE wont be sharing players amongst the WAFL sides next year it's a new host team arrangement or enter a stand alone team again in the WAFL ( with significant financial and recruiting concessions ) .

Worried Perth will lose its spark with McDonald being drafted.
Actually made the finals on the back of Beagles top up players.

Share a facility at Lathlain.

Just do the right thing Perth.

Yeah if someone could dumb this down for me in terms of how it works, that would be great

Can't see anyone else being interested in being our host club after the dissatisfaction EP experienced lol.
Can't even predict if we will even be able to participate in the WAFL with the uncertainty that still exists.

I think it is a fight with the WAFC to get them to remove the ridiculous licensing fee. West Coast already pay them a fortune from royalties. I'm sure they will sort it out.

West Coast to field their reserves team in the WAFL in 2021 but won't be paying the $800k licence fee they were paying before Covid 19 .
Perth after making the finals in 2020 snubbed us as an alignment team in the WAFL , just because they have Masten and Fraser in there squad and a few other ex Eagles joining them doesn't mean they are now good !!

West Coast to field their reserves team in the WAFL in 2021 but won't be paying the $800k licence fee they were paying before Covid 19 .
Perth after making the finals in 2020 snubbed us as an alignment team in the WAFL , just because they have Masten and Fraser in there squad and a few other ex Eagles joining them doesn't mean they are now good !!
EAD Perth.

The alignment would have seen long term success and was entirely logical. Looking forward to not making finals for another 20 odd years now we’ve lost the McDonald spark.

Is that from the West?

Excellent news, I think our standalone reserves is the best setup and not having it would be a real competitive disadvantage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back