2nds West Coast Eagles WAFL Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who is coaching the WCE WAFL team?

It was going to be Adrian Hickmott this year before COVID hit

Xavier Ellis let it slip on his latest podcast that Hamish will be in the WAFL side, I guess that's the captain Gossage was alluding to.

Xavier Ellis let it slip on his latest podcast that Hamish will be in the WAFL side, I guess that's the captain Gossage was alluding to.
Hamish will make a great Beagle captain .

Cedric Cox a chance to play for WAFL Eagles , was a chance to be drafted at our first rookie pick but went Zane Trew intead when Trew was available .
Yes and Hamish set to play for Eagles WAFL .

Yessssssss Beagles :westcoast: :heart:

Hope Thumper keeps the live Youtube and Facebook streams going. You're essentially getting 2 West Coast games to watch a weekend.

Missus - "But haven't you already watched the Eagles this weekend???"

Me - "Pipe down pleb, haha jokes i'll go pack my s**t"

That's great news. I've always thought that a dedicated WAFL team was extremely important for training and cohesiveness and development and bonding, especially for the young interstate guys.

For years it was a missing link, then it came, then it went and looked like not coming back. Now it's back.

Couldn't be happier.

How would it work if we end up having to play blocks of games interstate which aren't scheduled until later? Can't see those rounds being cancelled, so I guess our WAFL side would consist only of non-Eagles listed players during those times.

Took a crack at WAFL side for 2021, taking into account I don't think Yeo will be fit for seniors so have facted those I think will be in the AFL side come round 1.

Backline a bit weak and make shift, but the midfield and forward lines look strong.

Can the club please post all the games on a youtube channel this year? Shouldn't be that hard.

WAFLInterchange
FBJohnsonFoleyAinsworth
HBEdwardsEdwardsHutchings
CPetrecuelleTrewC.CoxJamieson
HFAh CheeBranderWinder
FFCameronVardyJones
RWilliamsO'NeillBrayshaw

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Foley as a FB? lol I think Brander might spend time as the CHB while Hedwards would be the FB ( put on some serious size).

A midfield of Williams , Trew & Neil could help with developing our depth in that area.
Brander is the one who could play either end, I went for CHF as I think he's better suited there but wouldn't be surprised with Brander CHB and Edwards FB.
Foley FB purely as he's 3rd tall defender type and he was the only option, but expect him to play back pocket in that role and we acquire another tall defender to play that position.

Yeah, young ruckline looks pretty damn good.

Brander is the one who could play either end, I went for CHF as I think he's better suited there but wouldn't be surprised with Brander CHB and Edwards FB.
Foley FB purely as he's 3rd tall defender type and he was the only option, but expect him to play back pocket in that role and we acquire another tall defender to play that position.

Yeah, young ruckline looks pretty damn good.

Yeah like our ruck depth.

If Rotham isnt getting a game he could play that FB role if needed.

Ainsworth at back pocket? Nah
Good chance he plays seniors Round 1 with clouds over Yeo among others.

If he is playing WAFL, it'll be in the guts. He's the best young mid we have the next cab off the rank.

Took a crack at WAFL side for 2021, taking into account I don't think Yeo will be fit for seniors so have facted those I think will be in the AFL side come round 1.

Backline a bit weak and make shift, but the midfield and forward lines look strong.

Can the club please post all the games on a youtube channel this year? Shouldn't be that hard.

WAFLInterchange
FBJohnsonFoleyAinsworth
HBEdwardsEdwardsHutchings
CPetrecuelleTrewC.CoxJamieson
HFAh CheeBranderWinder
FFCameronVardyJones
RWilliamsO'NeillBrayshaw

I assume you’ve got Duggan covering Yeo in the midfield which is fair

Based on the defenders you’ve listed all of Nelson, Cole, Witherden and Rotham are in the main 22 which imo is one too many. One of them comes back into defence

One of Petch, Jones or Achee to go in to the 22 as Langdon would be the only small forward joining Ryan otherwise

I suspect Williams will be in the seniors meaning either Allen or Watetman misses out

So my side would be

FB : Johnson Hedwards Foley

HB : Ledwards Rotham Cox

C: Ainsworth Trew O’Neill

HF : Achee Brander Winder

FF : Cameron Waterman Jones

R : Vardy Hutchings Brayshaw

I/C : Jamieson

I assume you’ve got Duggan covering Yeo in the midfield which is fair

Based on the defenders you’ve listed all of Nelson, Cole, Witherden and Rotham are in the main 22 which imo is one too many. One of them comes back into defence

One of Petch, Jones or Achee to go in to the 22 as Langdon would be the only small forward joining Ryan otherwise

I suspect Williams will be in the seniors meaning either Allen or Watetman misses out

So my side would be

FB : Johnson Hedwards Foley

HB : Ledwards Rotham Cox

C: Ainsworth Trew O’Neill

HF : Achee Brander Winder

FF : Cameron Waterman Jones

R : Vardy Hutchings Brayshaw

I/C : Jamieson
Correct, I had

Cole Barrass Hurn
Witherden Gov Shep
Int: Rotham, and Nelson in is as a utility (Midfield/Defender) to cover Yeo.

Duggan went into midfield rotations.

For mine he's clearly best suited as a nullifier, so BP suits as can close down dangerous small fwds or rotate in midfield to pick up a mid.
He doesnt have the pace or kicking ability for the defence. A zippy small forward would destroy him. His tank allows him to negate in the midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back