2nds West Coast Eagles WAFL Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Does it say what Pickett’s been up to since he was training with us? Couldn’t find any record of him playing anywhere in the last couple of years.
Nope, just has a very unflattering picture of him when he was training with us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Browne, Jed Kemp, Jarrod Pickett and Logan Young

I must say I like these signings and more importantly the way the Clubs going about bolstering the Beagles playing depth.

Browne and Young in particular are great additions and will bolster a decent WAFL midfield, I am expecting some significant improvement in the Beagles next year.

Encouraging news. :thumbsu:

I must say I like these signings and more importantly the way the Clubs going about bolstering the Beagles playing depth.

Browne and Young in particular are great additions and will bolster a decent WAFL midfield, I am expecting some significant improvement in the Beagles next year.

There was a fair bit of head scratching and wtf-ing when Nisbett advised that we were walking away from a stand alone WAFL side.

But an end result of that decision has been an improved deal with the WAFL clubs most notably in respect of recruiting top up players. Ahead of a season where it seems almost inevitable that we’ll be losing players at stages to covid, depth in the beagles will be particularly important

Now it’s impossible to know if Nisbett deliberately set fire to the Beagles to force the WAFL clubs to come to the negotiating table but he’s had a win regardless

There was a fair bit of head scratching and wtf-ing when Nisbett advised that we were walking away from a stand alone WAFL side.

But an end result of that decision has been an improved deal with the WAFL clubs most notably in respect of recruiting top up players. Ahead of a season where it seems almost inevitable that we’ll be losing players at stages to covid, depth in the beagles will be particularly important

Now it’s impossible to know if Nisbett deliberately set fire to the Beagles to force the WAFL clubs to come to the negotiating table but he’s had a win regardless
That would have been a helluva gamble from Moneybags

In regards to the last bit I would put money on it. Nisbett is the most influential person in WA footy today and has been for a fair while.

Wiley’s strength is as a development coach and as you say as a head coach he hasn’t been particularly successful

Fortunately whilst he holds the title of coach of the WAFL team his focus is more skewed towards development than overseeing a football program like the other WAFL senior coaches
To be fair they'll be playing and training to our new game style, so all we really need at wafl level is a development coach.

Browne is a 12 month loan apparently, but still gives him a year to impress and develop with us.

Has anyone asked why East Freo are willing to lend Browne to us?
Probably wouldn't have played Seniors at EF, so EF happy to loan him out whilst young so he can get seniors experience with us. No great loss for 12 months for them, and if he gets picked up after that they'd still be happy for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back