2nds West Coast Eagles WAFL Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So did anybody see anything of the game against West Perth in Yanchep?

Ainsworth had 36 disposals, but A.Black and T.Manzone had 40+ for the Falcons, so it's not like he was dominant out there.

Trew had 7 tackles and a goal, but only 17 disposals, which is underwhelming.

Williams with 10 hitouts and zero impact on the scoreboard isn't really pushing for a place in the senior team either.

Witherden equal second-highest disposals in the team with 26, however in a 78 point loss you would expect a defender to be seeing plenty of it.

Langdon 19 disposals and 1 goal - expectation is he should be achieving a far greater output than this; 25 years old in his 4th AFL season - becoming McGinnity MkII without the tackling.

L.Edwards 21 disposals and an equal team-high 5 inside 50s is encouraging, but suggests he is still a long way from first team considerations.

H.Edwards 11 disposals and just 3 marks; considering the one-sided nature of the result, I would have expected him to have much higher figures as a result. T.Keitel helped himself to 6.2 goals up forward for the Falcons as well, so doesn't look like a good match for Harry.

Foley 19 disposals, almost half of those were handballs. Can only speculate the reasons as to why. Much like the other defenders, expectation is their numbers should be inflated in a game such as this - as such just 19 disposals appears to be nothing to get excited over. A.Mitchell also had 15 marks and 4 goals - so if Foley was playing a lockdown job there it failed dismally.

Jamieson had 11 hitouts, 10 disposals and a behind. Let's be honest, he has no chance of playing senior football this year (if ever).

Not much to pick from in that lot from the look of it.

Witherden seemingly the only chance to break into the senior team as a result of Hurn's injury.
Trew may have got only 17 disposals. But in a well beaten team it was good to see someone actually tackling. We are so missing some mongrel in the middle at AFL level. He may not be ready, but if his body is up for it, I'd actually give him a chance.

It's not like we have a whole bunch of tackling mids queueing up for a spot.

Screenshot_2021-04-15 Team Selection WAFL(1).png
Hutchings is back in the midfield Jarrod Cameron is back in the forward pocket. Bailey Williams to lead the ruck and Ah Chee at Centre half forward. Hopefully a first win for the year for the Beagles.

Team sheets mean s**t but I'd be annoyed if Ah chee isn't played as a mid with all the midfield issues we have atm

So Foley or Ainsworth will be the sub against Collingwood by looks of things.

Excited to see Cameron back, hopefully his body is right and find form to make it to the main team. Also hoping Bailey kills it.

So Foley or Ainsworth will be the sub against Collingwood by looks of things.

I would have thought Foley was the least likely of the four emergencies to be sub. I could see it being any of Ainsworth, Winder or Jones.

Whoever isn’t required Friday night will likely play WAFL on Saturday. It doesn’t matter that they’re not named, the AFL emergencies are never included until game day.

I would have thought Foley was the least likely of the four emergencies to be sub. I could see it being any of Ainsworth, Winder or Jones.

Whoever isn’t required Friday night will likely play WAFL on Saturday. It doesn’t matter that they’re not named, the AFL emergencies are never included until game day.
Forgot about Jones. Yeah between him and Ainsworth. They won't what Winder to miss a game. Okay thanks, didn't know that about the WAFL squad teams.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fingers crossed we see some good performances from Williams, Cameron and Johnson
100% old mate.

With Simmo alluding the OAllens days in the ruck are over (fingers crossed) we need Bailey to step it up.

Would be very good to see Cameron running around as well.

100% old mate.

With Simmo alluding the OAllens days in the ruck are over (fingers crossed) we need Bailey to step it up.

Would be very good to see Cameron running around as well.
Would also like Foley to be played up the ground a bit more this year, as we have a logjam of half backs. Try and stretch his development a bit in the 2s

Would also like Foley to be played up the ground a bit more this year, as we have a logjam of half backs. Try and stretch his development a bit in the 2s
Wouldnt be surprised if cole misses a game or 2.could be foleys in

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

So foley Jones winder and ainsworth will all play for wafl Eagles today ?
Presumably Foley Winder and Ainsworth will. Not sure about Jones, saw a suggestion somewhere that he’s ineligible since he technically played last night. We probably won’t find out until the game starts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back