2nds West Coast Eagles WAFL Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
IF Jamieson keeps up the improvement this year we will have a good ruck combinations once Nic nat hangs the boots up. Williams can play that Ruck/Forward role with Jamieson the main ruckman. We just need Williams to stay on the park as he seems to get injured once he builds form. Was good he got to play 2 games last year but i want to him pushing to play 5-6 games and try earn a spot.

No HEdwards, Ainsworth or Jones this week against Subi 😣

Ah Chee might return, been saying that for a few weeks now. Winder is hopefully over his illness. Don’t think there’s anyone else due to come back. So just Williams, Jamieson, Foley, Johnson, Trew, Ledwards, Hutchings, Cameron and possibly Ah Chee and/or Winder to line up alongside Brayshaw and the ammos top-ups.

Ah Chee might return, been saying that for a few weeks now. Winder is hopefully over his illness. Don’t think there’s anyone else due to come back. So just Williams, Jamieson, Foley, Johnson, Trew, Ledwards, Hutchings, Cameron and possibly Ah Chee and/or Winder to line up alongside Brayshaw and the ammos top-ups.
Glory Glory Subiaco

Seems like the team could do with some experienced ex-AFL or Wafl players to make it stronger. Don’t know what incentive there would be though? Getting flogged every week is not very inspiring.

Do you or does anyone know what’s happening with Cedric Cox?

Seems like the team could do with some experienced ex-AFL or Wafl players to make it stronger. Don’t know what incentive there would be though? Getting flogged every week is not very inspiring.
It's a tightrope for the WAFL that they are currently not managing very well.

From the start they have been running scared that the Eagles will end up with a semi-AFL level WAFL team that dominates and makes the competition worthless. So they put restrictions on to 'even up' the balance, but have just got it wrong.
Ideally the Eagles would end up with a competitive side that finishes mid table, may play finals, may not, wins a few, loses a few and is a good hitout for all the WAFL teams and a perfect development team for the AFL Eagles.

But at the moment the restrictions are just too much. No home games is just being petty. Extra payments (is that still on in the post lockdown era?) is just another way to screw money out of WC. Limited player payments and limited topups.
It's easy to make WCB more competitive without unbalancing the competition. Give them home games, even 5 per year. Let them get up to 5 seasoned WAFL over 25yo additions. and so on. They won't win the premiership, but they'll make the competition better.

And what's the go with Peel? Let's be honest here. It's not really an alignment team the way we were with East Perth. It's Freo rebranded. It's purple wearing an aqua disguise. And the WAFL knows it and let's it happen.

Do you or does anyone know what’s happening with Cedric Cox?
Having to punch above your weight each week can make the kids grow up fast. I don’t mind it, fighting to get in the ones should be inspiration enough. Better than cruising each week and breeding a bunch of downhill skiers

Do Peel have to top up with Ammies players to play WAFL games with the lads not selected for Freo?

Do Peel have to top up with Ammies players to play WAFL games with the lads not selected for Freo?

Peel have a reserves and colts side.

They have a full WAFL club setup with some restrictions on recruiting due to their alignment.

Peel have a reserves and colts side.

They have a full WAFL club setup with some restrictions on recruiting due to their alignment.
It might be a stupid question/beating a dead horse - but I'm not an avid watcher of WAFL so I'll ask it anyway. Why do we have to top up with Ammies instead of recruiting from within the WAFL/other state leagues? We will never be competitive with half a team of 18/19/20 year old/coming back from injury/waiting for retirement West Coast listed players to go with half a team of Ammies.

Of course the VFL is on kayo/foxtel

Also anyone feel like a national reserves comp isn't far away?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Of course the VFL is on kayo/foxtel

Also anyone feel like a national reserves comp isn't far away?

Whats the advantage of a national reserves over the current system though?

Hopefully the WAFL and SANFL can get some coverage on Kayo too.

Getting fixtured so that your reserves play after the AFL and the emergencies can all get a game of footy is one.

Playing against other teams whose predominant purpose is team development rather than winning would be another.

Getting fixtured so that your reserves play after the AFL and the emergencies can all get a game of footy is one.

Playing against other teams whose predominant purpose is team development rather than winning would be another.
Sorry, let me rephrase my question. From the AFLs POV, what's the advantage?

Hopefully the WAFL and SANFL can get some coverage on Kayo too.
what fivey said. Tho I think the WAFL, SANFL and VFL will be hampered if a reserves comp is formed. Can see them losing players that include AFL academy players as well as those that wanna chase an AFL contract

Also LOL. There's zero chance those hack will put WAFL and SANFL on Kayo

Sorry, let me rephrase my question. From the AFLs POV, what's the advantage?

They’ve basically set up the reserves, added the surviving VFL teams and a couple of Qld teams and excluded us, Freo and the SA teams. I assume they’re funding the costs of flying teams up and down the east coast. If we said we wanted to join and get the same deal I don’t see how they say no.

(I mean, I’m sure they would, but you know what I mean )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back