Status
Not open for further replies.

Truckosaurus

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 19, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
All I can say is the average age of the blue and gold and grey army making their way toward Optus is concerning.

I wouldnt lay money on accessing a defib during a close match

There were ads for varicose vein treatment on the scoreboard during Round 1. Won't be long before the funeral parlours start flashing around the boundary fence during games.

Hi guys, I hope you don't mind me intruding on your board. Thought I'd give some thoughts on your players...

Xavier O'Neill: Best on ground for me. Was unstoppable in the middle, especially in the third quarter, and got you back in the game. Should never have been dropped from the league side and will be back in very soon. [31 disposals, 1 mark, 2 tackles, 4 i50s)

Harry Edwards:
I'd say he was your second best player today. Repelled attack after attack and was dominant in the air. Saved a few goals on the goal line through sheer desperation. Well done! [16 disposals, 9 marks, 4 tackles, 2 i50s)

Isiah Winder:
The cleanest player from both sides today. Executed disposals brilliantly and knows where to be to influence the play. Looks a bargain, and five goals was a brilliant return. [18 disposals, 5 marks, 2 tackles, 3 i50s, 5.0]

Luke Foley:
Best on ground in the first half, and was more than serviceable in the second. Was sound defensively, more than, and provided good run and disposal all day. The best game I've seen him play for you. His courage impressed me. [24 disposals, 5 marks, 4 tackles, 3 i50s]

Nathan Vardy:
I maintain that his goal tally today was inflated by the umpires, but his influence on the game can't be denied. He dominated in the ruck and looks dangerous in the air. Looked hungrier than he has in ages. [15 disposals, 3 marks, 1 tackle, 35 HOs, 4.1]

Ben Johnson:
Liked his game as well. Short, but very fast and nippy, and used the ball very well. Was surprised by how solid he was defensively as well. Could be a surprise packet this year. [15 disposals, 2 tackles, 2 i50s]

Zane Trew:
Looks a player. Drifted out of the game a little in the second half I thought but knows how to win the footy and seems a neat disposer as well. A lot to work with going forward. Huge tackle numbers. [24 disposals, 2 marks, 10 tackles, 4 i50s]

Alex Witherden:
Thought he was solid for most of the game, with a couple of miskicks from risky options, but I like how he tries to create play by foot. Shame he won't play again this season through suspension. One to watch in 2022. [21 disposals, 3 marks, 1 tackle, 1 i50]

Jake Waterman:
Dominant when he was out there. We all know he's too good for WAFL level, and it showed. [10 disposals, 5 marks, 3 tackles, 3 i50s, 2.1]

Luke Edwards:
Surprised by how big he looked out there, and he didn't disappoint. He did drift out of the game a little in the second half but I'm sure he'll be running out games better with more experience. A good performance. [14 disposals, 7 marks, 1 tackle, 4 i50s, 0.1]

Brayden Ainsworth:
Linked up well around the ground and was influential through the middle but his disposal really isn't good enough. Sorry for whoever sponsors him on here. [24 disposals, 6 marks, 3 tackles, 2 i50s]

Callum Jamieson:
Looked a long way off the mark for me. I'll say this though - he competed and halved a lot of contests. That says a lot about his attitude, which was impressive. [4 disposals, 1 mark, 1 tackle, 1 HO]

All in all, a great game and some very impressive performances from your boys. Good luck for the rest of the season!

Hi guys, I hope you don't mind me intruding on your board. Thought I'd give some thoughts on your players...

Xavier O'Neill: Best on ground for me. Was unstoppable in the middle, especially in the third quarter, and got you back in the game. Should never have been dropped from the league side and will be back in very soon. [31 disposals, 1 mark, 2 tackles, 4 i50s)

Harry Edwards:
I'd say he was your second best player today. Repelled attack after attack and was dominant in the air. Saved a few goals on the goal line through sheer desperation. Well done! [16 disposals, 9 marks, 4 tackles, 2 i50s)

Isiah Winder:
The cleanest player from both sides today. Executed disposals brilliantly and knows where to be to influence the play. Looks a bargain, and five goals was a brilliant return. [18 disposals, 5 marks, 2 tackles, 3 i50s, 5.0]

Luke Foley:
Best on ground in the first half, and was more than serviceable in the second. Was sound defensively, more than, and provided good run and disposal all day. The best game I've seen him play for you. His courage impressed me. [24 disposals, 5 marks, 4 tackles, 3 i50s]

Nathan Vardy:
I maintain that his goal tally today was inflated by the umpires, but his influence on the game can't be denied. He dominated in the ruck and looks dangerous in the air. Looked hungrier than he has in ages. [15 disposals, 3 marks, 1 tackle, 35 HOs, 4.1]

Ben Johnson:
Liked his game as well. Short, but very fast and nippy, and used the ball very well. Was surprised by how solid he was defensively as well. Could be a surprise packet this year. [15 disposals, 2 tackles, 2 i50s]

Zane Trew:
Looks a player. Drifted out of the game a little in the second half I thought but knows how to win the footy and seems a neat disposer as well. A lot to work with going forward. Huge tackle numbers. [24 disposals, 2 marks, 10 tackles, 4 i50s]

Alex Witherden:
Thought he was solid for most of the game, with a couple of miskicks from risky options, but I like how he tries to create play by foot. Shame he won't play again this season through suspension. One to watch in 2022. [21 disposals, 3 marks, 1 tackle, 1 i50]

Jake Waterman:
Dominant when he was out there. We all know he's too good for WAFL level, and it showed. [10 disposals, 5 marks, 3 tackles, 3 i50s, 2.1]

Luke Edwards:
Surprised by how big he looked out there, and he didn't disappoint. He did drift out of the game a little in the second half but I'm sure he'll be running out games better with more experience. A good performance. [14 disposals, 7 marks, 1 tackle, 4 i50s, 0.1]

Brayden Ainsworth:
Linked up well around the ground and was influential through the middle but his disposal really isn't good enough. Sorry for whoever sponsors him on here. [24 disposals, 6 marks, 3 tackles, 2 i50s]

Callum Jamieson:
Looked a long way off the mark for me. I'll say this though - he competed and halved a lot of contests. That says a lot about his attitude, which was impressive. [4 disposals, 1 mark, 1 tackle, 1 HO]

All in all, a great game and some very impressive performances from your boys. Good luck for the rest of the season!

FFS it's bad enough we lost, but then we gotta put up with this condescending commiserations and player review from opposition supporters?

Keep them off our board please mods.

Harry Edwards:

Isiah Winder:

Luke Foley:

Nathan Vardy:

Ben Johnson:

Zane Trew:

Alex Witherden:

Jake Waterman:

Luke Edwards:

Brayden Ainsworth:

Callum Jamieson:

* off back to the perth board scum

Truckosaurus

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 19, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Look can I just ask a question:

Have we become the West Coast Demons or something while I wasnt looking?

Since the game finished 15 minutes ago we've had post after post from Perth supporters in the WAFL thread giving their kudos and opinions on our side. If we had won that game they wouldnt be caught dead around here.

Now they're making posts on the board?

It was a good game guys. We shook your hands, now piss off. I hope we smash you next time.

Between SOT Edwards, Winder and Trew we definitely won last year’s draft.

Good that Foley and Johnson are getting scores on the board as well, I was worried we looked a bit thin in that department behind Witherden but they both could press for senior selection this year.

Between SOT Edwards, Winder and Trew we definitely won last year’s draft.

Good that Foley and Johnson are getting scores on the board as well, I was worried we looked a bit thin in that department behind Witherden but they both could press for senior selection this year.
Based on early impressions we've done very well in the draft last year with average picks.

Was very, very impressed with Winder, Trew and Edwards.

Feb 26, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Missed the witherdon thing. Did he punch someone? Miss weeks?

Trew, Xon,Winder, Foley, Edwards x 2 and Johnson all look the goods. In the past our young players look rubbish in the two for a few years but was great watching centre bounces of Trew, xon winder and xon all in there playing well.
If you listen to CC, he will be sacked for bringing the game into disrepute and jailed for assault

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back