2nds West Coast Eagles WAFL Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
My two cents.

- Xon a class above the rest and his numbers on the WAFL site don't do him justice. Reckon his clearance numbers alone would have been in the double digits
- Vardy did exactly what you'd want from a player dropped. Got a couple soft goals via free's but like XON looked a class above in the ruck and provided enough around the ground. Him and XON changed the game in favour for the Beagles in the third.
- Winder has a bit of Willie about the way he moves and used the ball superbly. I dunno if it was luck or his footy smarts but he got to the right spots to get those goals. Reckon he had close to 8 touches in the last (could be wrong) as he was used more in the middle.
-Trew probably the second best mid for the BEAGLES todays. Hand in tight are elite but did make a couple errors in his first senior game. The 10 tackles to go along with his 24 touches was what impressed me the most as he seems to have a great balance between defensive and offensive game. Also he seems to be solid for an 18 years and probably bodes well for some senior games this season.
-Foley probably played his best games for the Eagles. Had a couple really big moments and overall impressed by that effort.
- Witherden has a decent game distributing it off half back but like previous weeks had some genuine shockers.
- Harry Edwards like Witherden had a good game but some brain farts and poor skills cost the team a goal and couple turnovers. Genuinely got better as the game went on and reads and marks the ball like our two main key pillars down back. I'm very excited by him this season.
- Ainsworth was good at times but with some trashy moments mixed in but at this level you expect a lot more from him.
-Luke Edwards looked very good in the first half but went out of it in the second. That said very classy player with ball in hand and didn't make many errors out there.
- Johnson looked good with ball in hand and unlike Witherden tried to take the game on with his run and carry. Used the ball well. Looking back I reckon he was better out of him and Witherden.
- Jamieson had a mare debut but showed intent with his leap and attacking contests.

Glad to hear Johnson got a bit of it. This kid is someone we desperately need to develop quickly. Foot speed and aggressive running/kicking very much needed down back

Yea very much agree with that, Johnson is someone that could play on smalls at afl level if he continues develop.

Would love Petch to be developed as a half back he would offer something we dont have back there.

A bit like Hayden Crozier at the dogs played as a small forward at Freo and was hopeless but developed very
well when sent to half back.

Yea very much agree with that, Johnson is someone that could play on smalls at afl level if he continues develop.

Would love Petch to be developed as a half back he would offer something we dont have back there.

A bit like Hayden Crozier at the dogs played as a small forward at Freo and was hopeless but developed very
Thought Johnson’s working through traffic and general disposal was a bit reminiscent of Caleb Daniel. Enjoyed his game a lot.

Zane Trew for a inside mid has elite kicking skills which is unusual, also very good on his left foot as well.

He is perfect replacement for Jack Redden, if Jack gets injured seems ideal to replace him with Trew.

Thought Johnson’s working through traffic and general disposal was a bit reminiscent of Caleb Daniel. Enjoyed his game a lot.

Yeah I thought the same momentarily then was worried I was being vertically-challengedist.

Starting to get a bit concerned by Witherden just quietly.

He accumulates well, does a lot of good things, but seems to have a habit of trying to bite off far more than can be chewed at regular intervals, resulting in turnovers in dangerous positions.

I was watching him at the game he is a beautiful penetrating kick but at the moment he isn’t fit enough. Struggled a bit to get back in defence on the rebound.

Zane Trew for a inside mid has elite kicking skills which is unusual, also very good on his left foot as well.

He is perfect replacement for Jack Redden, if Jack gets injured seems ideal to replace him with Trew.

Trew was great. Very aggressive in tight and was still hard at it in the last. Can’t wait to see him debut in the AFL.

I was watching him at the game he is a beautiful penetrating kick but at the moment he isn’t fit enough. Struggled a bit to get back in defence on the rebound.
Dees murdered the Beags on the spread to the fat side when they caused a turnover. Especially second quarter where Perth was dominant and should have probably opened up a match winning lead.

My two cents.

- Xon a class above the rest and his numbers on the WAFL site don't do him justice. Reckon his clearance numbers alone would have been in the double digits
- Vardy did exactly what you'd want from a player dropped. Got a couple soft goals via free's but like XON looked a class above in the ruck and provided enough around the ground. Him and XON changed the game in favour for the Beagles in the third.
- Winder has a bit of Willie about the way he moves and used the ball superbly. I dunno if it was luck or his footy smarts but he got to the right spots to get those goals. Reckon he had close to 8 touches in the last (could be wrong) as he was used more in the middle.
-Trew probably the second best mid for the BEAGLES todays. Hand in tight are elite but did make a couple errors in his first senior game. The 10 tackles to go along with his 24 touches was what impressed me the most as he seems to have a great balance between defensive and offensive game. Also he seems to be solid for an 18 years and probably bodes well for some senior games this season.
-Foley probably played his best games for the Eagles. Had a couple really big moments and overall impressed by that effort.
- Witherden has a decent game distributing it off half back but like previous weeks had some genuine shockers.
- Harry Edwards like Witherden had a good game but some brain farts and poor skills cost the team a goal and couple turnovers. Genuinely got better as the game went on and reads and marks the ball like our two main key pillars down back. I'm very excited by him this season.
- Ainsworth was good at times but with some trashy moments mixed in but at this level you expect a lot more from him.
-Luke Edwards looked very good in the first half but went out of it in the second. That said very classy player with ball in hand and didn't make many errors out there.
- Johnson looked good with ball in hand and unlike Witherden tried to take the game on with his run and carry. Used the ball well. Looking back I reckon he was better out of him and Witherden.
- Jamieson had a mare debut but showed intent with his leap and attacking contests.

Agree on Foley, he had a great game. Must admit, I said on here only recently that I wasn’t sure if he would make it. But watching that game today, he’s convinced me. Keeps giving a contest, real hard at it, reads the play, covers the ground well, seems to play taller than he is.

My best for the day were:

O’Neill, Trew, Foley, Winder, Ainsworth, Vardy, H. Edwards.

Agree on Foley, he had a great game. Must admit, I said on here only recently that I wasn’t sure if he would make it. But watching that game today, he’s convinced me. Keeps giving a contest, real hard at it, reads the play, covers the ground well, seems to play taller than he is.

My best for the day were:

O’Neill, Trew, Foley, Winder, Ainsworth, Vardy, H. Edwards.
Yeah in my mind he was skinny but he looked solid out there. Seems happy to tough it out on the ground. Hopefully he can build on from it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep agree we missed a trick not developing Petch as a running HBF during the off season but maybe that’s a future option given how long he’s contracted.

Crozier is a great example

Starting to get a bit concerned by Witherden just quietly.

He accumulates well, does a lot of good things, but seems to have a habit of trying to bite off far more than can be chewed at regular intervals, resulting in turnovers in dangerous positions.
* me too drunk to quote properly , wither den is a s**t truck, delist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back