2nds West Coast Eagles WAFL Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peel 24.12 156 def. West Coast 12.5 77

Dirty day, but not unexpected with the outs and I thought the boys fought it out reasonably well in the second half.

Callum Jamieson (15 disposals, 5 marks, 3 tackles, 6 HOs, 2 i50s, 2.0)
Very impressive, and his best game by far. Still has to put on a lot of weight if he wants to be an AFL ruck but his follow up work is very good. Very skilled for a big man, as well. A lot to work with.

Ben Johnson (21 disposals, 2 marks, 4 i50s)
I really like this guy. Speedy, nimble and uses the ball very well. Brings a point of difference to the list with his disposal that should see him persevered with. Actually looks to take players on through the middle on the rebound, very refreshing.

Xavier O'Neill (28 disposals, 4 marks, 3 tackles, 2 i50s)
Did some good things, especially in the second half. He's becoming more confident at the level, though some of his decision making is still a little negative/conservative for me. Back yourself in, X!

Jarrod Cameron (10 disposals, 6 marks, 7 tackles, 3 i50s, 3.0)
Did what he could with limited supply. Finished well, apart from one set shot that fell short. Still looks a few weeks away from being fit for AFL level. Tackling numbers impressive.

Bailey Williams (12 disposals, 6 marks, 6 tackles, 18 HOs, 1 i50)
Dominated by Meek in the ruck, but got better as the game progressed, getting into good spots both forward and drifting back to pluck some handy marks. A nice run down tackle demonstrated some pride in jumper and performance.

Brendon Ah Chee (13 disposals, 2 marks, 4 tackles, 4 i50s, 2.0)
Thought he did okay on his return from injury. He's certainly a very dangerous player at this level and finished a long goal very well. Building.

Luke Edwards (19 disposals, 4 marks, 2 tackles, 1 i50, 1.0)
A solid but unspectacular showing from Luke. Fairly nondescript in all honesty. A nice Joe the Goose to add a goal to his tally.

Luke Foley (9 disposals, 1 mark)
Invisible today. Not sure if he was doing a job on a particular player or not, but nowhere near the drive nor accumulation he's shown thus far this year. [EDIT: Somebody posted that he finished up early? Not sure. Either way, he wasn't as influential as previous weeks.]

Last edited:

Dirty day, but not unexpected with the outs and I thought the boys fought it out reasonably well in the second half.

Very impressive, and his best game by far. Still has to put on a lot of weight if he wants to be an AFL ruck but his follow up work is very good. Very skilled for a big man, as well. A lot to work with.

I really like this guy. Speedy, nimble and uses the ball very well. Brings a point of difference to the list with his disposal that should see him persevered with. Actually looks to take players on through the middle on the rebound, very refreshing.

Did some good things, especially in the second half. He's becoming more confident at the level, though some of his decision making is still a little negative/conservative for me. Back yourself in, X!

Did what he could with limited supply. Finished well, apart from one set shot that fell short. Still looks a few weeks away from being fit for AFL level. Tackling numbers impressive.

Dominated by Meek in the ruck, but got better as the game progressed, getting into good spots both forward and drifting back to pluck some handy marks. A nice run down tackle demonstrated some pride in jumper and performance.

Thought he did okay on his return from injury. He's certainly a very dangerous player at this level and finished a long goal very well. Building.

A solid but unspectacular showing from Luke. Fairly nondescript in all honesty. A nice Joe the Goose to add a goal to his tally.

Invisible today. Not sure if he was doing a job on a particular player or not, but nowhere near the drive nor accumulation he's shown thus far this year.

nice summary and on Jamieson I think he may be a better talent than Williams as he looks to understand the game better ..

nice summary and on Jamieson I think he may be a better talent than Williams as he looks to understand the game better ..

He's 2 full preseasons away from being an AFL ready ruck and he has the skills to be a very good one.

Williams is more of a forward/ruck so whilst he needs to improve his tap work longer term he is going to be the second ruck who kicks goals. Allows us to park a true big body in the forward 50 and can go back as well. Like his aggression as well.

To me as much as brander is an exceptional talent he either needs to make it as a mid or as a Key Defender or I don't see a spot for him long Term. Part of this is because while he's a decent field kick and mark he is very poor shot for goal and has been since being a junior. Hopefully we can find a spot for all our young talls.

Invisible today. Not sure if he was doing a job on a particular player or not, but nowhere near the drive nor accumulation he's shown thus far this year.

Apparently left the game at half time, possible last minute mercy dash for a late call up?

Thanks CC, great summary. I really feel we got 5 future best 22 players in the past two drafts with crappy picks. Jamieson is a great competitive ruckman and we can thank Jackson for starring at the carnival in their draft year, as Jamo was a bit under the radar. Johnson is a little jet.
You can just see the quality that Winder, Trew and Edwards have.

Thanks CC, great summary. I really feel we got 5 future 22 players in the past two drafts with crappy picks. Jamieson is a great competitive ruckman and we can thank Jackson for starring at the carnival in their draft year, as Jamo was a bit under the radar. Johnson is a little jet.
You can just see the quality that Winder, Trew and Edwards have

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great to see Cameron snag a few. Could really add some class and tenacity to the seniors if he strings a few good performances together.
In 2019 when fit, he seemed to lift at AFL level.

Great to see him snag a few. Could really add some class to the seniors if he strings a few good performances together.
In 2019 when fit, he seemed to lift at AFL level.
Yeah I like the snags but 7 tackles is also pretty impressive and what we need.

Guy tackles like a bull, clearly playing rugby league in his youth has helped him develop that edge.

Schofield 22 touches
Howlett 33 touches
Merett 26 touches
Thorne 33 touches 3 goals
Bell 6 goals
Randall 23 touches
Hancock 34 touches

All Peel players

Compare it to to the top ups we get and you can see the gulf between the two sides.

Our WAFL side will always be up against it unless we one day get a reserves and Colts development system in place. But don't hold your breath on that one.

Invisible today. Not sure if he was doing a job on a particular player or not, but nowhere near the drive nor accumulation he's shown thus far this year. [EDIT: Somebody posted that he finished up early? Not sure. Either way, he wasn't as influential as previous weeks.]
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back