2nds West Coast Eagles WAFL Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
Cameron with tackles and goals. Get him in

Temper .....temper.........you must learn to temper your expectations! ;) :cool:

He will need to build his fitness levels, was out for ages and building after those groin problems.

How many games has Cameron played now 2 or 3?

But yes, cant wait till he is fit and back in the team proper.

Mar 19, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
All the young players this year and going forward are under different training regimes so to speak compared to the last few years. It is very individualized and high tech stuff. Its come about mainly because of just how many injuries they keep suffering in years previous. Havnt been able to keep any of our first year draftees fit for long enough to build into a first year in case you havnt noticed :D. Dont be surprised when random players dont play a random week.

Chad in Vegas

All Australian
Oct 7, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
Ben Johnson (21 disposals, 2 marks, 4 i50s)
I really like this guy. Speedy, nimble and uses the ball very well. Brings a point of difference to the list with his disposal that should see him persevered with. Actually looks to take players on through the middle on the rebound, very refreshing.
How do you guys reckon Johnson would go as a small forward?

I think the real value he brings would be running the ball through the middle and setting up the play. I'd leave him down back.

Oct 8, 2007
WESTERN AUSTRALIA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
FLO-RIDA , PITBULL ,SEAN PAUL
He's 2 full preseasons away from being an AFL ready ruck and he has the skills to be a very good one.

Williams is more of a forward/ruck so whilst he needs to improve his tap work longer term he is going to be the second ruck who kicks goals. Allows us to park a true big body in the forward 50 and can go back as well. Like his aggression as well.

To me as much as brander is an exceptional talent he either needs to make it as a mid or as a Key Defender or I don't see a spot for him long Term. Part of this is because while he's a decent field kick and mark he is very poor shot for goal and has been since being a junior. Hopefully we can find a spot for all our young talls.

Jamieson bided his time playing fwd as second fiddle to Luke Jackson.. I think he will really come on with another preseason under his belt ..He was very competitive against Meek which is all we can ask for at this stage ..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

FKASC

Reid’s Like Copium
May 28, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Draftee put in the backline will eventually move up the ground into a midfield role. Of course he will.
Happened to Yeo and Duggo (sorta)! IMO more value in reboundinf players being back anyway. Just look at how many goals are generated from rebound 50s.

Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast

Rather not stuff him around, skillful rebounding defender and possible outside mid. Keep on developing that.

We have a host of small forwards who are on the comeback from injury and Willie. Jones is doing bits and he'd be best 22 if he becomes more consistent and play closer to the Freo game level each week.

Mattman93

high ceiling
Jun 13, 2008
Fremantle
AFL Club
West Coast
Tell that to Liam Duggan

Yeah, just needling. We do hear that a lot though.

In fairness, it does seem as though Johnson is basically playing as the backline's designated offensive player. Every time he catches the eye it's in that manner; I don't notice him defensively at all (maybe just my fault?).

Do you know if he's even close to being considered for AFL? Has looked very promising the last couple of wafl matches I've seen.

Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1
Great to see Cameron snag a few. Could really add some class and tenacity to the seniors if he strings a few good performances together.
In 2019 when fit, he seemed to lift at AFL level.

We are light on when it comes to forward pressure & Cameron (2019) has it.

So far its Crippa or no one.

THE A5

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 26, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
Carbine Chaos did Ah chee play midfielder or forward? I sorta was an advocate for him last year but kinda dropped off him this preseason. That said I wanna us send Kelly forward when he gets tagged and have a player that we can send into the guts to replace him. Ah chee probably the one that comes to mind that is a genuine fwd/mid for us and I think can play a defensive role at stoppages.

Carbine Chaos did Ah chee play midfielder or forward? I sorta was an advocate for him last year but kinda dropped off him this preseason. That said I wanna us send Kelly forward when he gets tagged and have a player that we can send into the guts to replace him. Ah chee probably the one that comes to mind that is a genuine fwd/mid for us and I think can play a defensive role at stoppages.
From what I remember he played a bit of a mixed role. Eased back into it as wasn’t on ball for too long. Looked sharp though, productivity will go up further with more game time. Can contribute at AFL level for sure.

Zurgblade

Team Captain
Feb 14, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast

I think Johnson just needs a little more time. His development will be similar to Rotham's who took a number of years before seeing regular games. He's got a penetrating kick on him but could do with a little more weight.

THE A5

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 26, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
From what I remember he played a bit of a mixed role. Eased back into it as wasn’t on ball for too long. Looked sharp though, productivity will go up further with more game time. Can contribute at AFL level for sure.
yeah with Langdon spudding it up, I don't mind him in. Will give a similair output but also someone we can just put into the guts when we need to

Animaluke

Debutant
Oct 5, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
Have we ever given Ah chee a full game just playing inside mid? Or have we always played him forward with brief stints in the guts? He was playing his best footy in SANFL as an inside mid yeah? Considering that's what we are lack with no Shuey and Yeo can we give it a shot? Doesn't have the class/skills of them bit hopefully could at least collect it and feed it out to sheed and gaff keeping them to the wings?

Needs another couple of weeks to build fitness but need to try him or trew until Shuey and Yeo get back.

Need to get gaff back on the outside for weeks so he can start to to clean up his possession getting back to his 2018 form/skills. He is currently rushing/hacking some possessions because of that inferred pressure having played inside mid for a bit. Great he can still get it inside but we need that clean ball/delivery he used to do. He can only do it if we have others getting in and feeding out.

On SM-N950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

FKASC

Reid’s Like Copium
May 28, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Have we ever given Ah chee a full game just playing inside mid? Or have we always played him forward with brief stints in the guts? He was playing his best footy in SANFL as an inside mid yeah? Considering that's what we are lack with no Shuey and Yeo can we give it a shot? Doesn't have the class/skills of them bit hopefully could at least collect it and feed it out to sheed and gaff keeping them to the wings?

Needs another couple of weeks to build fitness but need to try him or trew until Shuey and Yeo get back.

Need to get gaff back on the outside for weeks so he can start to to clean up his possession getting back to his 2018 form/skills. He is currently rushing/hacking some possessions because of that inferred pressure having played inside mid for a bit. Great he can still get it inside but we need that clean ball/delivery he used to do. He can only do it if we have others getting in and feeding out.

On SM-N950F using BigFooty.com mobile app
I don’t think we’ve ever played him in the midfield for a full game or even half a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back