2nds West Coast Eagles WAFL Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.
'And can sign any delisted AFL player who spent at least four years at the club.'

*Counts on hand the number of seasons Brayden was on our list (4).*

Antonio Banderas.gif
brander2.png

Antonio Branderas.gif

Oct 29, 2007
Perth Western Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Don’t think it would be bad blood, it would be more on the lines of if I am going to train and do the work then I want to play for a team who has winning the WAFL flag as their priority. The Eagles don’t fit into that category so they go and play for their original clubs.
I also think many of them want to give back to their original WAFL clubs.

Yeah exactly. You play to win and playing at WC reserves there is not much chance of at the moment.

Oct 9, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
Chesser & Clark probably the only 2 who might play in the AFL next year. So 3 players who will spend most of the year (and beyond) developing, along with the other 2 who will still play plenty of WAFL games.

Oct 3, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Perth
Chesser & Clark probably the only 2 who might play in the AFL next year. So 3 players who will spend most of the year (and beyond) developing, along with the other 2 who will still play plenty of WAFL games.

The club is clearly trying to pinch another flag, i think all of them will play WAFL. Who will lose their spot to any of them next year? I hope they force their way in but Simpson is pretty adamant that he thinks he has the right players now.

THE A5

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 26, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
The club is clearly trying to pinch another flag, i think all of them will play WAFL. Who will lose their spot to any of them next year? I hope they force their way in but Simpson is pretty adamant that he thinks he has the right players now.
Redden might miss a chunk via injury

shooshka

Premiership Player
Oct 7, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Think we’ll cover him with the mids we have plus SPS and Willie.

I like Edwards but not bullish on him. He looks very outsidish with no pace.

I think him being significantly outside leaning is more role-based than natural for him.

His best game (against Richmond) he was about 40/60 CP to UP (11 CP, 16 UP). That's more balanced mid territory than purely outside.

Oct 3, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Perth
Least with Wiley he will have something to develop with now!

Think we will have a more completive list going forward and which should help develop those players properly.

West and Clark might spend big chunks if we are injury free and with that it helps protect our younger mids.

W

It weakens Subiaco which is good for the comp.

Wild Kelly

Club Legend
Mar 23, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
Least with Wiley he will have something to develop with now!

Think we will have a more completive list going forward and which should help develop those players properly.

West and Clark might spend big chunks if we are injury free and with that it helps protect our younger mids.

W
Unfortunately, Rob's coaching career has not been very successful.

Unfortunately, Rob's coaching career has not been very successful.
Wiley’s strength is as a development coach and as you say as a head coach he hasn’t been particularly successful

Fortunately whilst he holds the title of coach of the WAFL team his focus is more skewed towards development than overseeing a football program like the other WAFL senior coaches

Schtinker

JUST TAKE MCKERCHER
Aug 11, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Football Club
So our WAFL team looks something along the lines of ..

B: Rotham - H.Edwards - Winder
HB: Foley - Bazzo -
CC: Chesser - Trew - L.Edwards
HF: Hough - Waterman - Petrucelle
F: J.Jones - Jack Williams - Langdon
Foll: Jamieson - Clark - West

Bailey Williams reserve for AFL team

Still need a HBF or move Chesser to HBF and throw Dittmar onto a wing once we grab him.

The Stid

Club Legend
Mar 16, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Boston Bruins
So our WAFL team looks something along the lines of ..

B: Rotham - H.Edwards - Winder
HB: Foley - Bazzo -
CC: Chesser - Trew - L.Edwards
HF: Hough - Waterman - Petrucelle
F: J.Jones - Jack Williams - Langdon
Foll: Jamieson - Clark - West

Bailey Williams reserve for AFL team

Still need a HBF or move Chesser to HBF and throw Dittmar onto a wing once we grab him.

I had

B: Jamieson H.Edwards Sumich
HB: Nelson Bazzo Foley/Cole
W: Chesser Clark L.Edwards
HF: Winder Waterman Hough
F: Jones J.Williams Langdon
R: B.Williams/Jamo West O’Neill

Int: Trew

Probably don’t have to mention that this is just the team if everyone on the list is fit and playing at either level (Which of course, isn’t realistic).

A few notes:
1: I would like to see B.Williams in the seniors but it makes us too tall. Obviously if it happens though, Jamo goes into the ruck.
2: If rumours about Govs injury are true Big H will play a bit of senior footy but I doubt we go 3KPD’s when Gov is back.
3: Foley & Cole fighting it out for the last spot in D50 if Shep is done.
4: I’m hopeful Witho can become a consistent B22 Player next season.
5: Hopefully Suma Jr stays. And maybe Hug & Marlin as top ups. As I mentioned yesterday, I would like to see us add Mainy Jr to the Beagles even if just for the romanticism.

Out of curiosity, what is your reasoning for Winder named in the back pocket?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back