2nds West Coast Eagles WAFL Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.
2021 Elimination Final there was a point in the game where he was huffing and puffing after Caleb Daniel who was cruising at about 3 quarter pace. I thought "Poor old Alec, Essendon will delist him this year". Surprised he played in 2022.

But he'll be a decent addition for the Beagles and it's a bit of a feelgood story for the club.

That's pretty much our whole list the past 3 season vs anyone.

Kegs15

Just a fan
Apr 5, 2022
Fremantle, WA
AFL Club
West Coast
View attachment 1569106
View attachment 1569105

Apart from 2 good games against Collingwood the rest of numbers were meh.
Will probably do well again in the WAFL but he's a slow, medium-sized lead up forward which is not going to cut it at AFL level.

He's a long kick, he's a big, hard body that'll hopefully take a bit of the battering our 18 year olds have in the WAFL recently which'll let them shine and I reckon as a general rule anyone who's averaging over a goal a game at AFL level (despite probably not being targeted that often) should be very good at WAFL level. Basically just what WCE_phil said. Great result for the club.

That being said I do agree in the sense that I wouldn't be immediately drafting him back into the AFL side based on Essendon performance (don't know if anyone was actually suggesting that) - but who knows, if his fitness improves dramatically and if we need a rookie rotation for a year (showing that there's reward in committing to our WAFL side) mightn't be the worst option.

LittleFires

Preseason nuffy
May 28, 2021
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast

Winder training with the WAFL Eagles side today. Got tackled hard by someone. A couple of other things from the article:

It mentions Alec Waterman will train with the AFL squad twice a week for the preseason in the hopes of being signed if a long-term injury frees up a list spot. Also mentions that he's gotten a job in the club's community department

There's a new face in one of the photos they posted. Anyone know who the guy with the tattoos is? I don't recognise him.
The guy in the pink top is John Levien who was already on our WAFL list last year

946c3acdf20e3e0e0ff7793b9ab3ef0bf3e6afdd.jpg
b006cc28d221d98cb7cd87e38084dee825a86a32.jpg

Avalor

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 15, 2009
Jakarta
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Perth, Donnybrook, Chelsea

Winder training with the WAFL Eagles side today. Got tackled hard by someone. A couple of other things from the article:

It mentions Alec Waterman will train with the AFL squad twice a week for the preseason in the hopes of being signed if a long-term injury frees up a list spot. Also mentions that he's gotten a job in the club's community department

There's a new face in one of the photos they posted. Anyone know who the guy with the tattoos is? I don't recognise him.
The guy in the pink top is John Levien who was already on our WAFL list last year

View attachment 1569754View attachment 1569761

That Levian fella is a big unit.

Feb 26, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast

View attachment 1569754View attachment 1569761
Alec to be hiding behind doorways with a crowbar if he's training with the AFL side 'hoping' a long term injury pops up for him to get a list spot

Can confirm Alec has taken a significant clunge cut in order to get back home. Shrewd dealings from WC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back