AFLW West Coast Eagles Women's Team - Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not Dowrick, Isabella Lewis.

Thanks jatz14.

I went back and look at the team pics and reckoned that it was Lewis hence the edit on my post.

jatz14

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 13, 2011
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Glory W-League
I thought everyone named in the side was in our 2021 squad?
No.

"Four WAFLW players - Sasha Goranova (Claremont), Jessica Low (Claremont), Ella Smith (Claremont) and Roisin Walsh (East Fremantle) - have grabbed the opportunity play."

May not have had much game time, possibly not any, but they were named in the squad. Freo had a couple to I think.

jatz14

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 13, 2011
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Glory W-League

Who is 27 here? In video of the game released, 27 features a few times, but in the number list, 27 is Perrera, but his clearly isn't her. Any ideas who it is?

Who is 27 here? In video of the game released, 27 features a few times, but in the number list, 27 is Perrera, but his clearly isn't her. Any ideas who it is?

One of the four top-up players.

There was a tall girl in Janz’s 37 as well.

Not the Eagles, but I'm not sure what the Adelaide player did to deserve a 3 week suspension despite the GWS player ending up badly hurt (and in danger of ending up paralysed).

Don’t be so surprised 😮 the AFL, now also the AFLW suspensions and there severity are NOW handed out based on how badly the player was hurt.

Oh and in NN’s case how much bigger and heavier you are in relation to the injured player.

The intent and maliciousness of the incident are now secondary to the extent of the injury.

It’s a contact sport FFS and sometimes players get hurt.

Every game I ever played I knew that there was a chance I could be injured ..... even knowing that ....... wild horses couldn’t drag me away from playing the game, the joy of playing the game far outweighed the possibility of getting hurt.

If you want a game where you will never be hurt ...... take up tiddlywinks.

I feel attacked

maxresdefault.jpg

jatz14

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 13, 2011
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Glory W-League
Don’t be so surprised 😮 the AFL, now also the AFLW suspensions and there severity are NOW handed out based on how badly the player was hurt.

Oh and in NN’s case how much bigger and heavier you are in relation to the injured player.

The intent and maliciousness of the incident are now secondary to the extent of the injury.

It’s a contact sport FFS and sometimes players get hurt.

Every game I ever played I knew that there was a chance I could be injured ..... even knowing that ....... wild horses couldn’t drag me away from playing the game, the joy of playing the game far outweighed the possibility of getting hurt.

Was one of the softest contacts to lead to a serious injury I have seen. I think the injury was almost entirely down to the bad luck, and the angle of her neck at contact. Neither player had any momentum at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back