AFLW West Coast Eagles Women's Team - Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting to see we loaded up on mature players though. Couple more young kids we could develop would've been nice.

I'm presuming they want to make sure they've got the maturity there so the team is competitive straight away.
Yeah with women’s footy they dont tend to pick up kids unless they’re pretty much ready to go, because they only have 30 on a list and at this stage they can’t really have players that can’t contribute to the current season. That may change down the track but at this stage we need a mix of maturity to go with the youth to be competitive.

I'm presuming they want to make sure they've got the maturity there so the team is competitive straight away.
100%

But keep an eye out - plenty younger and talented players coming up through the system.

Yeah with women’s footy they dont tend to pick up kids unless they’re pretty much ready to go, because they only have 30 on a list and at this stage they can’t really have players that can’t contribute to the current season. That may change down the track but at this stage we need a mix of maturity to go with the youth to be competitive.
It's also a good framework for going harder on youth next year. They don't just need to establish a good squad, they need a good culture to bring new players into.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

100%

But keep an eye out - plenty younger and talented players coming up through the system.

Heard there’s a star coming through the U/16’s

Needs work on her goal kicking tho

Heard there’s a star coming through the U/16’s

Needs work on her goal kicking tho
This will be the case across the board. Despite the hype for the top Vic U18s drafted this year, and they are very good, arguably the best player in the Vic girls U18 comp this year isn't old enough for AFLW until 2022.
Are you talking of Dowricks sister? Or is she 16, because she could be better than McKenzie.

This will be the case across the board. Despite the hype for the top Vic U18s drafted this year, and they are very good, arguably the best player in the Vic girls U18 comp this year isn't old enough for AFLW until 2022.
Are you talking of Dowricks sister? Or is she 16, because she could be better than McKenzie.

Don’t know her name

Biggie does

Apologies jatz14 - been some bragging on our random discussion board about my eldest. :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My cuz just got invited to the state under 18s, looking like she's on the Eagles radar, pretty exciting. Her bf is a gun too but tied to Fremantle - yuck. The family has made clear how we feel about that.

Also, I out marked her like 8 times and caught her htb during Christmas kick-to-kick, so who's the real star in the family? Still this guy.

I've been wrestling with trying to remain a Freo AFLW supporter as they're the bunch I began with. Us picking up my fav player in Hooker made that very difficult, and now seeing glimpses of what the Eagles are looking to put together and how well I think it will go... I guess just refer to how I used 'us' in the last sentence. ;)

I've been wrestling with trying to remain a Freo AFLW supporter as they're the bunch I began with. Us picking up my fav player in Hooker made that very difficult, and now seeing glimpses of what the Eagles are looking to put together and how well I think it will go... I guess just refer to how I used 'us' in the last sentence. ;)

614ACC79-A758-4695-98F1-C63B245CC109.jpeg

I've been wrestling with trying to remain a Freo
supporter
as they're the bunch I began with. Us picking up my fav player in Hooker made that very difficult, and now seeing glimpses of what the Eagles are looking to put together and how well I think it will go... I guess just refer to how I used 'us' in the last sentence. ;)

5F70184E-87A3-4763-800C-27A12493910B.jpeg

My cuz just got invited to the state under 18s, looking like she's on the Eagles radar, pretty exciting. Her bf is a gun too but tied to Fremantle - yuck. The family has made clear how we feel about that.

Also, I out marked her like 8 times and caught her htb during Christmas kick-to-kick, so who's the real star in the family? Still this guy.
Equiv, clearly.

just follow your heart. Dump the Dorkers and switch over to us. Dorkers supporters set that precedent in '95.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back