AFLW West Coast Eagles Women's Team - Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Little surprised to see Atkins that highly rated by the coaches, and thought that Perera might've got to the podium due to consistency. But no surprises that our on-ball unit is well represented up there.

A few of us said that we'd like to have two of Cameron to cover both the forward-line and bursts in the midfield. Can see how having someone like McCarthy helps here too, given how she has experience with both roles.

Perera might have missed out just through missing that one game.

Edit: yep almost certainly would have made the top five had she played six games.
171F7E22-2B2A-4CE0-A3B9-4D8C9B30CC19.jpeg

Last edited:
Photos of the awards night are out.

Good to see both Rosie Deegan and Shanae Davison at them.

So Rosie is in WA, which maybe means the US scholarship thing is on hold.

Shanae being there means either, has close friends at the club that invited her, or, the club invited her.

Both good for us.

However, I don't see how we get her and Dowrick?

On moto g(6) plus using BigFooty.com mobile app

Pisconeri, Tester, McGuire, Davidson, Bartlett all delisted, while Bonser has retired along with Radan.

Also Andrea Gilmore doesn’t appear on the list of contracted players, presumably because she was only an injury replacement to begin with.

Photos of the awards night are out.

Good to see both Rosie Deegan and Shanae Davison at them.

So Rosie is in WA, which maybe means the US scholarship thing is on hold.

Shanae being there means either, has close friends at the club that invited her, or, the club invited her.

Both good for us.

However, I don't see how we get her and Dowrick?

US colleges are in summer break, I think. Deegan's probably going back soon.

Freo's interest in Davison might depend on whether there's another emerging midfielder who they like better. Bilcich is a mid, yeah? I think Freo need a few young mids more than anything else, their back and forward lines are stacked.

Pisconeri, Tester, McGuire, Davidson, Bartlett all delisted, while Bonser has retired along with Radan.

Also Andrea Gilmore doesn’t appear on the list of contracted players, presumably because she was only an injury replacement to begin with.
Cassie Davidson de-listed is a surprise to me. Bonser a loss - she showed good signs late in the season.

Not surprised at the other de-listings at all.

IIRC I believe she also had tunnel vision for goal - jatz14 to elaborate?
She is a goal sneak, and one of the smarter ones. It makes her a bit of a one trick pony though.

The higher you play, the harder it is to get cheap goals by sneaking out the back.

If we had a dominant mid, and just kept pumping the ball in, and were looking to turn that into goals, then she may be a good bet. We aren't in that position though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pisco didn't look like a footballer - sad she has been cut but I wasn't convinced she was a great fit for us, she looked pretty lost when she played in the seniors.

Excited to see the Kelly girls come back and see how the younglings like Bowen and Perera develop.

Pisco didn't look like a footballer - sad she has been cut but I wasn't convinced she was a great fit for us, she looked pretty lost when she played in the seniors.

Excited to see the Kelly girls come back and see how the younglings like Bowen and Perera develop.
Perera is 34, just sprightly for her age :moustache:

Perera is 34, just sprightly for her age :moustache:
Ah yes, I was referring to the young lady who was dating Bowen who’s name has apparently escaped me. McGuire is who I meant who I now realise has been delisted.

Long story short, I’ve made a meal of this.

Noticeable that they have kept Green and Hill.

Hill did her ACL, Green hasnt played more than a handful of games in about 4 years.

Fortunately for Hill, she did her ACL game 1, so she has a chance of being back.

You would assume Green would have to be fit and ready to go now to be kept on the list.

Noticeable that they have kept Green and Hill.

Hill did her ACL, Green hasnt played more than a handful of games in about 4 years.

Fortunately for Hill, she did her ACL game 1, so she has a chance of being back.

You would assume Green would have to be fit and ready to go now to be kept on the list.
Green missed the first game under 'general soreness', then wasn't mentioned again. When everyone goes radio silent on a player's 'injury', it's often something personal, so let's just hope she's all good for next season and finally gets a chance to show what she's got.

Reading Em Bonsers retirement reasons on Insta made me realise we the public take athletes lives with a pinch of salt, it isn't all roses out there that's for sure.

Reading Em Bonsers retirement reasons on Insta made me realise we the public take athletes lives with a pinch of salt, it isn't all roses out there that's for sure.

Thanks Biggie for the post: for those of us not on Insta any elaboration on some of the exacts !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back