AFLW West Coast Eagles Women's Team - Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t get the hate in here for Orme. As I mentioned before, her first game wasnt great but once she acclimatised she gave us pace off the half back coupled with decent skills, as she was one of the few who actually hit targets.
Maybe its just because she’s also the social media person for the club that people think she can’t also be a decent player, but I don’t get it. There were a lot bigger names that did sweet FA all year in our team.
I think it also understates how much Davison has come on.

I don't recall as much criticism last year that she wasn't taken, as there is this year, after we have seen her improvement.

On moto g(6) plus using BigFooty.com mobile app

Luke Dwyer hasn’t been coaching the West Coast academy and hasn’t been seen at any WAFLW games. Heard he feels like he is being squeezed out as he is not part of the old boy connection.

Well I thought he made bad decisions as far as playing people out of position anyway. It wouldn’t bother me if we got someone else.

Video of the women's academy.
Interesting to note who is there and training. Green seemed to be at full training, as did Jansz. Hill was walking laps with Atkins.

Wearing number 28 looks like Rosie Deegan. I dont know when the video was taken, but if its recent, then she has been back in Perth some time, so maybe permanently? Covid may have messed up her US scholarship plans, bad for her, good for us?

Very tall player floating around, at 2.15 in the vid standing behind Jansz, dont recognise her. They did mention there are signing prospects training.

https://www.westcoasteagles.com.au/...dal=true&type=video&publishFrom=1599861600001

Peels young players did well.

I think there is a reasonable chance we redraft Cassie Davison, she has had a god year and played as well as anyone.

Its such a pity Kira Phillips has such a problem with fitness, still one of the best talents in WA, just doesn't have an AFLW body.

Luke Dwyer hasn’t been coaching the West Coast academy and hasn’t been seen at any WAFLW games. Heard he feels like he is being squeezed out as he is not part of the old boy connection.
Not sure you would have your senior coach coaching the academy? Personally, I can see clubs wanting their senior coach to be seen as the senior coach, and not have players become familiar with them as the academy coach. Like, I dont think any of the VFLW teams were coached by the AFLW team head coach.

Video of the women's academy.
Interesting to note who is there and training. Green seemed to be at full training, as did Jansz. Hill was walking laps with Atkins.

Wearing number 28 looks like Rosie Deegan. I dont know when the video was taken, but if its recent, then she has been back in Perth some time, so maybe permanently? Covid may have messed up her US scholarship plans, bad for her, good for us?

Very tall player floating around, at 2.15 in the vid standing behind Jansz, dont recognise her. They did mention there are signing prospects training.

https://www.westcoasteagles.com.au/...dal=true&type=video&publishFrom=1599861600001

That player is Gilmore who I believe may be offered a contract this year instead of an injury replacement spot like last year.

Nothing against her personally but I'm worried that re-signing Kate, when I thought she didn't really show anything last season, points towards a continuation of the flawed list management of the AFLW side. Jobs for the girls.

Already a bit nervous about history repeating in Year 2.

Provided we can recruit some size for either end I'm hoping we can win a few more games at least, as the midfield is solid.

I'm with you mate.

Got the fairytale story, got selected late despite the affiliation with the club, played a few games but looked waaaaay off the pace for mine. Just wasn't operating at the speed or skills of AFLW. Would've been in our worst handful of players in each game she played.

4.7 disposals, 0.7 tackles and 0.7 marks a game from her 3 appearances.

If that gets you another season on West Coasts list ahead of a talented youngster then boy oh boy. Add in the fact she'll be 32 and i really scratch my head.

Don't want to throw shade at her too much, Eaglemaniac has given his thoughts and i respectfully disagree. Looks like nepotism to me :shrug:

So much young talent out there who DON'T get the invite from Chad and Selwood to come join the boys/girls club.

Why load your list up on supposed "experienced players" so you're competitive if you have no system and just finish last anyway? Get some young kids in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WOW and only 15 years of age.
Smooth as across the ground. Loves a grab. Used my eldest as a stepladder earlier this season as well 👀

WAWFL grand final is on, and Roberts is going to be a star.
Given where WC and Freo will be for the next few years, I can't see any way she's not an Eagle (unless she runs away to Melbourne or something). There are advantages in sucking for a few years, just when the best junior talent starts coming through.

Hopefully they'll put the GF on Youtube for those of us non-WA residents.

Given where WC and Freo will be for the next few years, I can't see any way she's not an Eagle (unless she runs away to Melbourne or something). There are advantages in sucking for a few years, just when the best junior talent starts coming through.

Hopefully they'll put the GF on Youtube for those of us non-WA residents.
I thin you may be able to see it on the 7Plus

https://7plus.com.au/sevens-wafl?episode-id=WAFL20-030

Great, thanks! I was looking at that app on my TV and couldn't see it, didn't think to look on the computer.
The most impressive thing with Roberts in that game was that it was so messy with the howling gale, often the less experienced players struggle to make an impact (like Abbie Dowrick). But her marking and set-shot kicking looked elite AFLW level, which is crazy in good conditions at her age, let alone those conditions.

“He has been with the club for four years, the last couple in the AFLW space and did a terrific job under the circumstances. Luke and Adam Selwood did a great job identifying the right people and players to be involved in the program.”

Mmm not sure if they’ve really identified the right players, but all the best for the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back