West Coast Master Stroke: Have they run circles around Gil and the AFL?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So we can expect all the non victorian teams except the eagles in the bottom 7 positions on the ladder at the end of the season?

Gold Coast makes sense for the eagles (and lowers the AFLs airfare bill substantially, just block book the royal pines resort), but if they are really 'that good' they wouldn't have had a problem located in Victoria either.
OP post is overstating some things and understating others.

Anyway no issue for the mighty Hawks. have a healthy W_L ratio at most current AFL venues including perth and adelaide

The Eagles are a great team, but I do like articles that lock in 4-2 as a worst case scenario when playing 6 games and bunking in hotels for a month on the other side of the country.

What donkey wrote this piece? One of the lines references who "won this lockdown". What does that even mean?

If by doing so we avoid three of the top 4 from last year, our results have to be better.

Surely you'd concede Richmond would be a difficult match at the G?

Clear Premiership favourites, smart club, lots of money. Unstoppable.

In saying that we have been told how biased the VFL is so if those in high places are unhappy at this move then why doesnt the person who wrote this article think the VFL wont force West Coast to play Collingwood, Richmond in Victoria?

After all the VFL is biased.

If by doing so we avoid three of the top 4 from last year, our results have to be better.

Surely you'd concede Richmond would be a difficult match at the G?
It's more in reference to the article itself and how it's written, plus the thread title.

It's written very Eagle fanboy-esque, I mean this stuff is a little extra,

"The proposed move is a masterstroke from West Coast, which now places itself in a position of power once again,"

"Can you actually see them having a record of worse than 4-2 after six games? 5-1 is a huge possibility, and if they can navigate the Brisbane Lions at the GABBA, a 6-0 record to start the season, in a 17-game year, would almost assure them of finals"

"The last couple of days have confirmed that they are as switched on as any team in the caper. And they just may be the best."

"It is only when you look forward, and what will happen once all states lift their strict restrictions that you realise just what a brilliant move this was by West Coast to get on the front foot and state their relocation plans before other teams had even hinted at it."

"but right now, if you are asking me who won the lockdown, the potential move to the Gold Coast would make the decision close to undisputable"

"West Coast on the Gold Coast is the sort of move that sets up a top-two finish"

It just reminds me of a Bigfooty post from a biased fan that can inevitably backfire, as if sending the club to QLD for 6 weeks is a walk in the park they'll stroll away from laughing at the AFL having just secured flag favouritism with no possibility of struggle or things not going to plan.

Is it time for a sub-board to contain the endless WC v Richmond shitfights? It can replace the one for the Belarus whatever league

It really is pretty desperate that every insecure Richmond troll flock to threads discussing West Coast.

Tigers fans are obsessed and have a massive inferiority complex.

It's more in reference to the article itself and how it's written, plus the thread title.

It's written very Eagle fanboy-esque, I mean this stuff is a little extra,

"The proposed move is a masterstroke from West Coast, which now places itself in a position of power once again,"

"Can you actually see them having a record of worse than 4-2 after six games? 5-1 is a huge possibility, and if they can navigate the Brisbane Lions at the GABBA, a 6-0 record to start the season, in a 17-game year, would almost assure them of finals"

"The last couple of days have confirmed that they are as switched on as any team in the caper. And they just may be the best."

"It is only when you look forward, and what will happen once all states lift their strict restrictions that you realise just what a brilliant move this was by West Coast to get on the front foot and state their relocation plans before other teams had even hinted at it."

"but right now, if you are asking me who won the lockdown, the potential move to the Gold Coast would make the decision close to undisputable"

"West Coast on the Gold Coast is the sort of move that sets up a top-two finish"

It just reminds me of a Bigfooty post from a biased fan that can inevitably backfire, as if sending the club to QLD for 6 weeks is a walk in the park they'll stroll away from laughing at the AFL having just secured flag favouritism with no possibility of struggle or things not going to plan.

Mongrel Punt is by no means a West Coast fan boy.

He is just paying credit where credit is due.

No issue with West Coast and Fremantle moving to the Gold Coast. They get to play and don't give a Victorian team a potential home ground advantage.

Did lol at McGowan's logic that because all 16 teams outside his state didn't move to WA that "Victorian clubs are pampered." :D

I'd suggest if he is that worried about protecting his state from the virus, maybe he should do more testing. WA has the worst % of testing per 100,000 people in the country and third highest positive rate from said tests...

It's almost as if he is using this logic.

1589441761018.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With a 50/50 game against Brisbane. Which I'll chalk up a loss for sake of argument. WC could easily be 5-1 after the hub. I'll take that.

It really is pretty desperate that every insecure Richmond troll flock to threads discussing West Coast.

Tigers fans are obsessed and have a massive inferiority complex.

Lol,it’s the reverse mate.

The Eagles are a great team, but I do like articles that lock in 4-2 as a worst case scenario when playing 6 games and bunking in hotels for a month on the other side of the country.

What donkey wrote this piece? One of the lines references who "won this lockdown". What does that even mean?

Pretty easy to know what they mean I would have thought. Which team gets the easiest run of games to start the season. Lions would be the 1st. Get 5 home games against pretty average competition (discounting WC)

With a 50/50 game against Brisbane. Which I'll chalk up a loss for sake of argument. WC could easily be 5-1 after the hub. I'll take that.

And what would they be if for example they located in victoria? vic clubs finished 2019 in positions 1-3-4-7-6-9-12-14-16-17 other clubs finished 2-5-6-10-11-13-15-18. pretty equal strength mix

And what would they be if for example they located in victoria? vic clubs finished 2019 in positions 1-3-4-7-6-9-12-14-16-17 other clubs finished 2-5-6-10-11-13-15-18. pretty equal strength mix

But we are in a hub with 2,10,11,13,18

Not to mention, the Crows were a bottom 4 team in the second half of last year.

Pretty easy to know what they mean I would have thought. Which team gets the easiest run of games to start the season. Lions would be the 1st. Get 5 home games against pretty average competition (discounting WC)
Has the hub, venues and fixtures been confirmed yet?

No point losing home ground advantage to 10 other sides if they dont have to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back