West Coast Player Highlights 2016 (6/1/2016 - Luke Shuey)

Remove this Banner Ad

12Chill

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 13, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
Hey all,
Will be making some highlight videos of West Coast players in the coming weeks for their 2016 seasons so I thought I'd post them here. As I'm generally unfamiliar with the layout of the Eagles board, if there is a better place for this feel free to move it to suit the set up.

Planning on making videos for Kennedy, Shuey, Gaff, McGovern, Darling, Hill, Yeo, Nic Nat and some others that I haven't decided on, suggestions are welcome.

If you'd like to subscribe, my channel is here, it would be much appreciated: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwlfLRnEgIdb_bnsm9YtURw

Jamie Cripps

Elliot Yeo

Josh J Kennedy

Jack Darling

Luke Shuey

Enjoy.

Last edited:

55MWqhs.png

Will have his work cut out for him competing with Rioli, but if he continues to perform like he did in that video then he shouldn't find himself in the 2s for long

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was playing so deep in the forward line this season. Need to get him up the ground more. Hope they settle on a role for him soon

I like how Cripps' highlights package includes a significant chunk of his very good field kicking - he has such penetration on his kicks and always puts it to advantage of JK et al. when there's a glut of players in the impending contest.

Yeo's highlights weren't bad, plenty of over the top goals but someone's gotta provide that option. I was fairly harsh on him this season, which is probably a mark of the higher expectations I/we as the obsessed have on him. I felt Yeo, like Darling, let us down at important moments that a player of his ability should rise to.

Wut. Yeo would go missing in so many games and absolutely stink it. Also don't forget some horrendous turnovers, horrible marking efforts and so many missed set shots.

He had time in the middle and there isn't one hightlight of a clearance or anything. It says a lot really.

He needs to be way more productive.

Wut. Yeo would go missing in so many games and absolutely stink it. Also don't forget some horrendous turnovers, horrible marking efforts and so many missed set shots.

He had time in the middle and there isn't one hightlight of a clearance or anything. It says a lot really.

He needs to be way more productive.

There were a few clearances I had clips for where he burst out of a stoppage, but the kicks were generally bombs that didn't result in a teammate mark or at least it bouncing significantly to their advantage, one flew over a one on one or a behind.

I can't say I remember a lot of the finer details of the Eagles this year when it comes to who played where, but I thought Yeo was going to have a really big year based on what everyone saw in 2015.

Is it just a question mark over where he plays his best footy? Any niggling injuries? Was there a signifanct positional/role change this year compared to last?

As it stands I have no expectations on Yeo. He needs to prove to me that he deserves to be in the team after his pathetic year that got ******* terrible at the end. I probably couldn't care less how good he trains this offseason. I'd start him in the magoos. He could be anything but is looking more like a lazy prick. Put in the work you turd. So I guess my expectation is he earns his spot from the twos from rd 1.

There were a few clearances I had clips for where he burst out of a stoppage, but the kicks were generally bombs that didn't result in a teammate mark or at least it bouncing significantly to their advantage, one flew over a one on one or a behind.

I can't say I remember a lot of the finer details of the Eagles this year when it comes to who played where, but I thought Yeo was going to have a really big year based on what everyone saw in 2015.

Is it just a question mark over where he plays his best footy? Any niggling injuries? Was there a signifanct positional/role change this year compared to last?
Mostly this, which has resulted in regular position changes that hasn't really helped his game. Issue seems to be upstairs, has all the physical attributes.. but lacks in the footy IQ department. Lets hope Mitchell can sort him out :D

Mostly this, which has resulted in regular position changes that hasn't really helped his game. Issue seems to be upstairs, has all the physical attributes.. but lacks in the footy IQ department. Lets hope Mitchell can sort him out :D
I don't want him rubbing his form and attitude onto Mitchell and the youth he seems to be mentoring.

Absolutely amazing number of handball over the top and/or running into open goal square goals from Yeo. I guess it shows how he was told to get fwd this year? Whatever he was told, it didn't work.

We need to get him back behind the ball so he can use best weapon - pace - to get the ball quickly into our fwd line. I know he's not the greatest kick (and god knows how many goals he gave away this year by turning it over with a poor kick sideways through the middle), but you don't need to have a great kick if you have already run 30m and our fwds have space to move in.

We need Shepp/McGov/Hurn to be our kickers out of the backline, and Yeo to be the handball option for a run when the kick isn't on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back