BigFooty Optimist
Aug 19, 2016
Perth, WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Fremantle
Looks like we've reached 80,000 registered members:
The West Coast Eagles continue to achieve record levels of support.

After setting new benchmarks at Optus Stadium with the most consecutive home games exceeding 50,000 fans, the Eagles have now achieved a club record of 80,000 members.

Last Thursday night, when the Eagles had 51,409 fans attend the clash with Essendon, it saw the club achieve its seventh successive crowd of more than 50,000 fans which had never before been achieved in the history of AFL/VFL competition.
http://www.westcoasteagles.com.au/news/2018-06-25/eagles-achieve-new-membership-record

That makes us the third largest club by membership in the league, overtaking Hawthorn in third place (according to this at least). The only clubs ahead of us are Adelaide at 82k members and Richmond at 90k.

That's a growth of 15k new members from the figure of 65,000 at the end of 2017. I don't know the exact numbers, but I think we would be up there for membership growth this year.

Looks like we've reached 80,000 registered members:

http://www.westcoasteagles.com.au/news/2018-06-25/eagles-achieve-new-membership-record

That makes us the third largest club by membership in the league, overtaking Hawthorn in third place (according to this at least). The only clubs ahead of us are Adelaide at 82k members and Richmond at 90k.

That's a growth of 15k new members from the figure of 65,000 at the end of 2017. I don't know the exact numbers, but I think we would be up there for membership growth this year.

Looks like they should have built a stadium with 100,000 capacity - Optus could be outgrown in 20 years time.

Also don't forget the east coast clubs do a lot of package memberships (i.e. 3 game deals) and they all get included in the same figures as full season members.

It's how they inflate their numbers so easily.

Some clubs even include pet memberships in their figures.

So do we with 5 game memberships and in the wings.

So do we with 5 game memberships and in the wings.

Exactly...80,000 members does not equal 80,000 who want to show up every fortnight for a game.

They got the stadium size about right. Atmosphere is great and it's easy enough to get a seat to any particular match as long as you plan ahead.

Exactly...80,000 members does not equal 80,000 who want to show up every fortnight for a game.

They got the stadium size about right. Atmosphere is great and it's easy enough to get a seat to any particular match as long as you plan ahead.

Do you think they will build us a new stadium in 30 years time or less? Might not be so easy to get to a game when...

Perth Population to Double

In 30 years time not many will be able to afford to leave the bridges they are living under. The debt that our State and Federal Government have accrued can only be paid off with them taxing us 100% which will eventually mean asset confiscation and redistribution to them.

Do you think they will build us a new stadium in 30 years time or less? Might not be so easy to get to a game when...

Perth Population to Double

When you consider the stadium is upgrade-able to 70,000 and not everyone that moves here will care about AFL, it's probably going to be fine.

Melbourne currently has 3 times the population of Perth.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back