West Coast sets new AFL/VFL record & 80K members

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd say half the state support us. Freo supporters make up half of the other half. Non WCE/Freo supporters make up the other half of that.

Really. Don’t the member numbers suggest WC have fair bit more support.

In the city thats reasonably close - out in the country its prob more like 60% eagles 20% dockers 20% vic/sa/nsw/qld

Honestly who cares? They have a brand new stadium so of course everyone wants to be going to the footy all the time and when the team is on top it helps may turn into port like crowds once he nostalgia of the new stadium wears off of on field performances fall away

Honestly who cares? They have a brand new stadium so of course everyone wants to be going to the footy all the time and when the team is on top it helps may turn into port like crowds once he nostalgia of the new stadium wears off of on field performances fall away
Port was a sanfl club - a big one but the nature of it means they have more people in sa hate them than like them.

Eagles are a cleanskin - which means im side by side with people from the wafl whos clubs i despise with a passion - but we are all blue and gold now.

Anyone from victoria whos lived here will understand that theres more of us than you can imagine.

They waiting list to be a member isnt any shorrter than it was at subi - and if i cant get down to perth when my old mans away theres people - family and friends that will fight over his tickets to watch carlton/gc/st k.

Was like that at subi and is like that even more now.

What wc need to do is make it a lot easier for members who cant attend and havnt given the tickets away to make them available for sale to the public. The current way is a pita.

Not only an AFL record but a Guinness world record for the most terminally entitled bin chicken loving wenkars in 1 place

All hail ' West Corp '

Bow to your chardy fuelled overlords

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
Marsha Marsha Marsha

Well according to the mail, West Coast have achieved a VFL (lol, remember that suburban game) / AFL record of seven consecutive home games with an attendance of over 50,000 at each game. Looks like our reign as the most profitable club in the land shall continue for a long time...

Oh, and did I mention we've hit 80,000* members also?

*May or may not include seated members...

** Edit - 80k members, apparently I can't read.

Congratulations.
That sits alongside the best home umpiring record in over 200 consecutive home games where you have had minimum 80% more free kicks than the visiting team.

Does anyone remember when people talked about results and player preformance more than the crowds and members?

Millennials..
Is player preformance how they go before they get out on the ground?

Because I think Casaboult might need to work on his.

I’d rather our 20 odd thousand any day.
So much easier to get a beer, chips and go to the dunny.
Good luck with your line ups.
I can park on Footscray road and walk to
the ground in five minutes and back again.
I’m home in fifteen minutes.

Never had to queue for a piss.
Getting a drink/food etc is all done in seconds.

As for finals tickets I’m not competing with anyone for a seat.

Small club, yada yada yada but it really has its perks when compared to Collingwood, Richmond, Essendon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Plus you get to travel to tasmania a couple times each year which is a good holiday.
I went down last year for the Melbourne game.
The win was a bonus but there’s a bar/pub on every corner and the foods good too. You can do the standard Salamanca markets Mona visit and basically half an hour back home.
The fact we nearly always win down means well for the win loss come finals.

Congrats WCE, that’s an awesome achievement.
I wish that more Richmond fans would turn up regardless of the opposition/weather, but that’s just the way it is in Victoria, for all clubs.
Either way, well done for filling your stadium every week.

I’d rather our 20 odd thousand any day.
So much easier to get a beer, chips and go to the dunny.
Good luck with your line ups.

You clearly haven't had the privilege of attending the new stadium, quite the opposite even when full

I mean this SHOULD happen at West Coast shouldn’t it?

They were the first VFL/AFL club in footy mad WA, are still one of only two clubs in that state and represent the whole state. Any club born into that environment and existing under those circumstances would be in the same position. They should fill that stadium to capacity every single game.

The Crows being in the same boat.

Why are the majority of Richmond fans such fukwits this season?

I don't remember doggies supporters being like this last year

Props to you, dogs fans

Umm Ill be going with the official club release. So yeh 80k.
Considering clubs already count everything they possibly can I dont think its possible to be 90k.

rubbery figures everywhere ... :thumbsdown: ... wait for the financials, most clubs record the $s, some dont, why is that?

2017 numbers courtesy The Wookie

Membership, Reserved seating
  • Adelaide - $23,252,578 (includes corporate box revenue)
  • Collingwood - $23,126,822 (includes matchday)
  • West Coast - $21,798,249
  • Fremantle - $16,156,558
  • Geelong - $16,039,108 (includes gate reciepts)
  • Sydney - $15,585,482 (includes matchday)
  • Hawthorn - $12,446,104
  • Essendon - $11,971,985
  • Carlton - $8,527,889
  • Western Bulldogs - $8,469,489
  • Melbourne - $8,057,900 (includes fundraising)
  • St Kilda - $7,477,148
  • North Melbourne - $6,593,189
  • Gold Coast - $6,219,235 (includes gate reciepts)
  • Brisbane - $5,530,944
  • GWS - $1,840,186 (includes merchandise)
  • Richmond - Not Available

I think WCE are also the most disliked non Vic team due to the run they get with the Umpires, booing, drug saga etc.
Uncanny parralels with the Nazi Party and Kim Jongs army used to get the best crowds to their rallies also.

I mean this SHOULD happen at West Coast shouldn’t it?

They were the first VFL/AFL club in footy mad WA, are still one of only two clubs in that state and represent the whole state. Any club born into that environment and existing under those circumstances would be in the same position. They should fill that stadium to capacity every single game.

The Crows being in the same boat.

Sure a hell of a lot easier than 9 clubs in Melbourne, many of whom cant wait to play home games out of town because thats where the money is & they cant put enough bums on seats in Melbourne.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back