West Coast sets new AFL/VFL record & 80K members

Remove this Banner Ad

Does membership get you good away games? Because if not, 6 of those 17 games are 'extra' games. The majority of the crowd at an Eagles game are members attending one of the home games their membership gets them.

If Richmond members attended their alloted home games, crowds would be much larger against interstate teams.

If the Eagles had an extra, large away game held in Perth, do you think a lot of members would drop one of the home games? Or would they attend the 11, and the extra game?

Whatever way you spin it, a LOT of Richmond members are not attending some games.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk
I have been a Hawthorn member for 40 years. I go to about 11 games a year, about the same as most WC members. The difference is that half my games would be home games and half away games. Lots of Tigers, Pies, etc would be similar. So our reserved seats might be empty every third home game, where as your’s is almost always occupied. Most people I know are members and on average might go to 8 - 12 game s a year - every second week. Very different attendance culture in Melbourne. I think that if WC had six away games in Perth, then yes, there would be more empty seats at the 11 home games. It is scarcity that creates the high demand.

Most people wouldnt be going to 7 games in 8 weeks. So if youre looking at the fixture, games against bottom interstate sides like Brisbane and Freo are the ones youre going to skip and stay at home to watch.

Succinct argument that supply of footy in Melbourne exceeds demand despite moving games to NQ, Darwin, Launceston, Ballarat, what did I miss, NZ gave AFL footy a miss ....

This calls for a celebratory fishburger!

crocdile.jpg

Each fishstick represents an Eagle flag. (One has been eaten by a hungry seagull.)
The lettuce represents the 2015 GF performance.
The bun is the body of the 80k members

This calls for a celebratory fishburger!

View attachment 518319

Each fishstick represents an Eagle flag. (One has been eaten by a hungry seagull.)
The lettuce represents the 2015 GF performance.
The bun is the body of the 80k members
Geelong food is fkkkn awesome

Roast spuds yummmm

Too great a step for you 22 , they are the latest available financials, and there is one club that does not report membership dollars, only one, why is that, something to hide or the dollars dont increase at the same rate.
In case you didn't realize I don't actually work for the club.
The point is who gives a s**t about last year's numbered when you can just look at this year's membership numbers.

Does membership get you good away games? Because if not, 6 of those 17 games are 'extra' games. The majority of the crowd at an Eagles game are members attending one of the home games their membership gets them.

If Richmond members attended their alloted home games, crowds would be much larger against interstate teams.

If the Eagles had an extra, large away game held in Perth, do you think a lot of members would drop one of the home games? Or would they attend the 11, and the extra game?

Whatever way you spin it, a LOT of Richmond members are not attending some games.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk
Whatever way you spin it, Richmond has the best attendance numbers in the league.

Ill just get right on that. Next game I go to Ill ask each person at the game who they support.

97k members v 80k. That says it all bud. Sorry.

Wow, what a cop out reply. Can't actually reply with a valid argument so resorts to sarcasm then resorts to a members comparison that is on par with "but but my dad is stronger than your dad."

Pathetic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow, what a cop out reply. Can't actually reply with a valid argument so resorts to sarcasm then resorts to a members comparison that is on par with "but but my dad is stronger than your dad."

Pathetic.
Lol. So year old membership revenue is a totally relevant argument yet membership numbers of this year are not??
Interesting logic there, mate.

Your argument seems to boil down "I cant accept that valid argument because it shows I'm wrong".
Grow up.

Lol. So year old membership revenue is a totally relevant argument yet membership numbers of this year are not??
Interesting logic there, mate.

Your argument seems to boil down "I cant accept that valid argument because it shows I'm wrong".
Grow up.
Actually its a very valid point.

If its a $5 nothing membership used to inflate numbers it will show up in the financials at the end of the year - as will a full season ticket show an entirely different result.

For Perth based members- what’s the difference between WC and Freo numbers in WA?

Would you say 6 out of every 10 people support WC compared to Freo?

My best guess would be Eagles 5/10, Dockers 4/10, everyone else 1/10.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back