West Coast sets new AFL/VFL record & 80K members

Remove this Banner Ad

Lol was that whole fake burger thing ever confirmed?
Has anyone on here purchased a fish burger at Optus, is it 2 sticks or a proper burger?

Yes it is fake.The fish burgers are $12.50 thats the only truth to that story. I prefer the salt and pepper squid myself thats about $8.50 and there are 72 beverage outlets inside optus with many sit down bars beer is $ 8.50.

So I watched five minutes of Housos on tv once .Is that fake or are all eastern staters fat useless welfare deadshits living in humpys ?

Yes it is fake.The fish burgers are $12.50 thats the only truth to that story. I prefer the salt and pepper squid myself thats about $8.50 and there are 72 beverage outlets inside optus with many sit down bars beer is $ 8.50.

So I watched five minutes of Housos on tv once .Is that fake or are all eastern staters fat useless welfare deadshits living in humpys ?
Houses nails East Coast.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

Lol, who would have thought, something on social media was bs.

Housos is GWS area.

Actually its not. Richmond doesnt have a $5 membership.
Figure of speech - at the end of the year if you have

20000 <whatever> game members that contribute x to the club

Plus 40000 that contribute 5x

And 20000 that contribute 10x

Whereas club b has

40000 that contribute 10x

And 40000 that contribute 5x

It tells a story that the raw numbers dont.

Not only an AFL record but a Guinness world record for the most terminally entitled bin chicken loving wenkars in 1 place

All hail ' West Corp '

Bow to your chardy fuelled overlords

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
LOL...No doubt at all you start the majority of your comments with "I don't men to whinge...but".
Keep the salt coming, we love it...

Figure of speech - at the end of the year if you have

20000 <whatever> game members that contribute x to the club

Plus 40000 that contribute 5x

And 20000 that contribute 10x

Whereas club b has

40000 that contribute 10x

And 40000 that contribute 5x

It tells a story that the raw numbers dont.
Sounds like an excuse from a guy that knows he loses if you guy by raw numbers.
Sorry but 17k members is to large of a gap to make up by total revenue. Maybe if it was a few thousand you could make an argument that revenue could be higher, but 17k more? Not a chance.

This calls for a celebratory fishburger!

View attachment 518319

Each fishstick represents an Eagle flag. (One has been eaten by a hungry seagull.)
The lettuce represents the 2015 GF performance.
The bun is the body of the 80k members

And the salt comes from all those Geelong supporters tears back from those first two grand final victories!:D

Sounds like an excuse from a guy that knows he loses if you guy by raw numbers.
Sorry but 17k members is to large of a gap to make up by total revenue. Maybe if it was a few thousand you could make an argument that revenue could be higher, but 17k more? Not a chance.
Actually theres every chance

The vast majority of our members are full seated members for every game.

Theres a reason why we made beaucoup money with only a tiny stadium - 100% of members were full seated members to every game.

No pet memberships or any bullshit like that.

Thats why - when the financials come out from this season west coast’s numbers will be simply ridiculous

Actually theres every chance

The vast majority of our members are full seated members for every game.

Theres a reason why we made beaucoup money with only a tiny stadium - 100% of members were full seated members to every game.

No pet memberships or any bullshit like that.

Thats why - when the financials come out from this season west coast’s numbers will be simply ridiculous
Actually theres not. Sorry but 17k is too much to make up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Actually theres not. Sorry but 17k is too much to make up.

You sure about that? I'm sure you will find at seasons end WC will blow it out of the water with membership revenues. Richmond won't even be close. Most Eagles member in that stadium are full paying members and the prices are ridiculous.

Last edited:
You sure about that? I'm sure you will find at seasons end WC will blow it out of the water with membership revenues. Richmond won't even be close. Most Eagles member in that stadium are full paying members and the prices are ridiculous.
Sure, you also have $50 kids memberships. And $110 3 gamers, $170 5 gamers.

And its not like Richmond doesnt have expensive membership packages or reserved seat packages (which are all sold out). I mean we have one thats $7000. Our limited $1,120 membership sold out as it always does.

Yeh youre not making up 17k members worh. Sorry.

Old VFL clubs have to basically give memberships away to compete with each other. Thats why so many are on the AFL welfare drip. They struggled then, & they still struggle now.

The state leagues (all) relied on fans of both competing clubs to pull a crowd, you are right, many of the clubs still do & haven't developed a new business model, then again some have & its not just pokies.

And what if 5000 West Coast members are 3 gamers and 5000 Richmond are 11 gamers?

The Eagles resisted pumping up their numbers by using 3 & 5 game seated memberships, that's why so many In The Wings members (aka the waiting list) are still waiting.

The home of the 3 game members was the Tiges, that's why they don't publish the dollars …

Good to see those clubs that have their act together going well & they include both the Tiges & the Eagles - interesting to see Trevor Nisbett noting the Eagles churn rate is still as good as there is across all clubs:
“Historically our members have been the most loyal in the competition with the annual turnover, or churn rate of members, the lowest in the AFL.
http://www.westcoasteagles.com.au/news/2018-06-25/eagles-achieve-new-membership-record

Whats the reason. Please remember to post proof and not a guess.

They've never furnished a reason:

Guess you don't believe these numbers as posted by The Wookie on BF:

Membership, Reserved seating
  • Adelaide - $23,252,578 (includes corporate box revenue)
  • Collingwood - $23,126,822 (includes matchday)
  • West Coast - $21,798,249
  • Fremantle - $16,156,558
  • Geelong - $16,039,108 (includes gate reciepts)
  • Sydney - $15,585,482 (includes matchday)
  • Hawthorn - $12,446,104
  • Essendon - $11,971,985
  • Carlton - $8,527,889
  • Western Bulldogs - $8,469,489
  • Melbourne - $8,057,900 (includes fundraising)
  • St Kilda - $7,477,148
  • North Melbourne - $6,593,189
  • Gold Coast - $6,219,235 (includes gate reciepts)
  • Brisbane - $5,530,944
  • GWS - $1,840,186 (includes merchandise)
  • Richmond - Not Available
Its not as if the profitability of either club is in question, those on the drip are easily identified.

Last edited:
I would be stunned if our membership revenue wasn't comfortably the highest in the league.
I don't really get why that's something to brag too hard over though. Yay - our memberships are extremely expensive even for average seats!! :neutral:

They've never furnished a reason:

Guess you don't believe these numbers as posted by The Wookie on BF:

Membership, Reserved seating
  • Adelaide - $23,252,578 (includes corporate box revenue)
  • Collingwood - $23,126,822 (includes matchday)
  • West Coast - $21,798,249
  • Fremantle - $16,156,558
  • Geelong - $16,039,108 (includes gate reciepts)
  • Sydney - $15,585,482 (includes matchday)
  • Hawthorn - $12,446,104
  • Essendon - $11,971,985
  • Carlton - $8,527,889
  • Western Bulldogs - $8,469,489
  • Melbourne - $8,057,900 (includes fundraising)
  • St Kilda - $7,477,148
  • North Melbourne - $6,593,189
  • Gold Coast - $6,219,235 (includes gate reciepts)
  • Brisbane - $5,530,944
  • GWS - $1,840,186 (includes merchandise)
  • Richmond - Not Available
Its not as if the profitability of either club is in question, those on the drip are easily identified.
I did read them. but they seem completely and utterly pointless when different clubs include different things.
And yeh not showing the figures proofs nothing. Gonna have to come back with some actual evidence.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back