West Coast should take legal action against Caroline Wilson

Remove this Banner Ad

Her journalsm is very poor - really it is. I normally turn the page rather than read her boring puke and dribble. Seriously, the talent pool must be small if she is the AGE's big wig football writer.

Is this another us v them, east v west thread.

Caroline Wilson tells it like it is.

She is one person that will stand up to Wayne Carey and she him to be the wnaker that he is.

well after the moaning by weagle supporters about her I decided to read her article (absolutely hate the Ages new online footy layout so dont tend to go there anymore), I'd have to say it comes across as calm & reasonable to me. Cant see any bias there at all as lets face it everything she says of WC is true............and has been said by many here for quite some time now.

Why is it everytime Caro is mentioned in negative terms, someone has to mention that 'its because she's a women'.

When people denigrate hutchinson, does anybody say its because he is a man.

People denigrate him because he's a stalking prat.

But you certainly dont see people constantly going on about his looks, do you?

The Age has given up any semblence of an unbiased coverage, but its a Melbourne paper so fair enough. This will all blow over, and then the sensationalists will find someone else to pick on. Selwood was found not guilty, so irrespective of what people think he said, they can hardly sanction him for simply being accused of something. Braun was a bit silly, but hardly earth shattering stuff. Caro is simply indulging in a bit of wishful thinking, nothing more. And she is leaving the Kangaroos alone for five minutes, so they should thank us for that at least.

I used to like Caro and thought she unfairly got a bit of a hard time.
After watching her in action last night however, it was made clear to me that her sensationalist, gossipy and opinionated form of 'journalism' would be better suited to Woman's Day. Not because she's a Woman but because it was absolute trash. That show's a joke.

in part, i don't respect her as a journo because she's a woman. well, not because she's a woman, but because of the qualities that come with her being a woman.

hutchy (who i also don't have a lot of time for) summed it up last week on footy classified when he asked her "why do you have to get so personal all the time."

when i want soap opera for men, i watch wrestling. i hate the way that caro personalises everything and makes it a soap drama. i don't think men necessarily care about her womens magazine style of reporting that she so often uses.

my loathing of her has certainly increased with her constant bashing of the eagles. most journos have given up on bashing selwood because the tribunal accepted his version of events. for her to continue saying and acting as though he's lying is tantamount to slander.

if she burned in the fiery pits of hell, i would be a happy man.

What would she know, she's never played the game.

(Though she could probably get a spot on the bench for the Tiges the way they're travelling.)

in part, i don't respect her as a journo because she's a woman. well, not because she's a woman, but because of the qualities that come with her being a woman.

hutchy (who i also don't have a lot of time for) summed it up last week on footy classified when he asked her "why do you have to get so personal all the time."

when i want soap opera for men, i watch wrestling. i hate the way that caro personalises everything and makes it a soap drama. i don't think men necessarily care about her womens magazine style of reporting that she so often uses.

my loathing of her has certainly increased with her constant bashing of the eagles. most journos have given up on bashing selwood because the tribunal accepted his version of events. for her to continue saying and acting as though he's lying is tantamount to slander.

wow. I can't believe you have said that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

errrrrrrrrr hello, thats her role as a journo, it is not to analyse the game, it is to report on the behind the scenes stuff.

She is a sports journo, specifically a football one. It would be nice to hear her thoughts on the actual game once in a while.

Mike Sheahan for all his faults still regularly provides an opinion on the game without ignoring the behind the scenes stuff either.

The focus from the media in general on what happens off field is too high IMO as it reduces some sports reporting to Days of Lives levels (eg: the Whitnall saga).

I'm not saying that she shouldn't write on the off field stuff as much of it is important and relevant but her inability to comment on the actual game reinforces the incorrect stereotype of a woman who knows nothing about football.

They remove their accreditation, stopping them attending games, press conferences etc

Won't hapen, but that's how they'd do it

I doubt she has seen a game of footy in 5 years and hasn't written anything about a game of footy in a long time, removing her access to football wont stop the garbage she is writting.

well after the moaning by weagle supporters about her I decided to read her article (absolutely hate the Ages new online footy layout so dont tend to go there anymore), I'd have to say it comes across as calm & reasonable to me. Cant see any bias there at all as lets face it everything she says of WC is true............and has been said by many here for quite some time now.

Yep, did the same and cant see any problem

Bottom line is that if you dont like criticism, dont give anyone cause to criticise

the thing is here - the people that bag Caro's looks are waking up next to one of the following ;

1 no one as they are 14
2 a fatter, uglier wife/girlfriend
3 no one because they are far uglier and fatter than Caro could ever be.....

tipping its more often than not number 3 - so if you are going to pot Caro's looks at least be man enough to post a picture of yourself first !!!!!

impossible :eek:

I hate to break it to you ...but nobody other than Eagles fans believes Selwoods side of the story .

I used to like Caro and thought she unfairly got a bit of a hard time.
After watching her in action last night however, it was made clear to me that her sensationalist, gossipy and opinionated form of 'journalism' would be better suited to Woman's Day. Not because she's a Woman but because it was absolute trash. That show's a joke.

Watched it for the first time myself last night and let me tell you she is a First Class Tool:thumbsdown:
I am mot a Freo Fan by any means but good on CC i was very impressed with him:thumbsu:
Yes she is Butt Ugly and with a face like that she should be on Radio.
Stick to Womens Day Caroline thats where Gossip belongs:D

She is a sports journo, specifically a football one. It would be nice to hear her thoughts on the actual game once in a while.

Mike Sheahan for all his faults still regularly provides an opinion on the game without ignoring the behind the scenes stuff either.

The focus from the media in general on what happens off field is too high IMO as it reduces some sports reporting to Days of Lives levels (eg: the Whitnall saga).

I'm not saying that she shouldn't write on the off field stuff as much of it is important and relevant but her inability to comment on the actual game reinforces the incorrect stereotype of a woman who knows nothing about football.
Caro would know as much about the politics of the game than anyone you care to mention. If you dont think that she has contacts in most AFL clubs that deliberately feed her info for their own gain, then you are sadly deluded. Contacts established over a lifetime of being involved in football because of her father being one of the most succesful powerbrokers in the game in his time at richmond.

Its what she doesnt print that I want to know. If she is so far off the mark about the Eagles, I challenge them to sue her. I'm betting that they wont even contemplate it, because they know she knows and they know that she can verify.

Empty words and threats by a load of tossers bagging caro.

Caroline Wilson is the equivalent to the people that write letters to councils, newspapers and ring Alan Jones everyday. Lonely and needs attention.

She is stuck on the eagles like some old guy who wants to close a pub down that has been there for 200 years.

On another note. Funny how she is going hard after kerr for associating with a known drug dealer, then she 'employs' Andrew Fraser to write for the Age!!
Does she owe him a 'favour'???

Sexism.

More sexism.

Delusionary.

Borderline sociopathic.

The AFL should also step in and deregister her as an accredited journalists, her comments regarding Slewood was basically a pack of made up lies...she also made up stuff regarding Russell Ebert

doesn't the media owe a right to the public to hear something that resembles the truth? clearly not!!

West coast should just shut up. They exist to play footy - which fortunately they do quite well at the monent. They are not bigger than the comp, and it's time Nisbett and Co realised that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back