HFA.EMBLEYJ.DARLING*J.CRIPPS*
FFM.LE CRASJ.KENNEDYPH.MATERA
RRD.COXC.JUDDB.COUSINS (vc)
INTL.SHUEY*N.NAITANUI*C.FLETCHER - A.SELWOOD
COACH:JOHN WORSFOLD

Minimum 50 games qualification.

Thoughts?

I would expect barrass to get in ahead of mackenzie next season

Cheating having Yeo off the half back flank. Bit tall down back. The bench is too one-dimensional (all center line players).

E Mac still comfortably better than Barrass.

Cheating having Yeo off the half back flank. Bit tall down back. The bench is too one-dimensional (all center line players).

E Mac still comfortably better than Barrass.

I posted this last year too but got no response. Didnt yeo play a lot in defence up until about 2017? i believe his first all australian selection was a year where he played more defensive too? This midfield is just too good to squeeze him in and yeo too good not to be in the starting 18…

Agree about emac thats why i still have him ahead in the team but i was expecting backlash from supporters with recency bias tbh

Also WTF is Kerr on the wing instead of Embley.

This one i know for sure embley definitely played super footy off half forward first half of his career.

Kerr would ideally be on ball but i wanted to fit priddis in and believe kerr had a good enough outside game to still dominate even on a wing

This one i know for sure embley definitely played super footy off half forward first half of his career.

Kerr would ideally be on ball but i wanted to fit priddis in and believe kerr had a good enough outside game to still dominate even on a wing

If you really wanted Embley HF then Kerr is much better inside with Cousins on the wing due to his gut running.

Embley came on slow TBH and only become very good for us once on a wing IMO.

FB: Wirrpanda, Glass, Sheppard
HB: Hurn, McGovern, Waters
C: Gaff, Judd, Embley
HF: Cousins (c), Darling, Cripps
FF: LeCras, Kennedy, Matera
RR: Cox, Kerr, Shuey
I: Naitanui, Yeo, Hunter and... Priddis

Emergencies, take your pick out of Fletcher, Braun, Redden, Chick, Masten, Barrass, Emac, Lynch, Stenglein, Gardiner.

Hopefully no one obvious has been missed, I almost forgot about Matera. Probably the only thing I don't like is that the backline would be a little bit slow except for Wirra.

If you really wanted Embley HF then Kerr is much better inside with Cousins on the wing due to his gut running.

Embley came on slow TBH and only become very good for us once on a wing IMO.

Interesting. I know Cousins had a lot of games where hed start half forward and push up but for me he is the 2nd best rover this century behind GAJ so i really wouldnt want to move him.

My hope is that liam ryan gets a couple of injury free years and can break into this team on a forward flank so i can push embley up to wing, kerr to centre and priddis to bench.

I can’t agree on Waters, was a turn over merchant. He gave away so many free kicks. I’m not sold on his dangerous game style being courageous.

He also was in and out of the side for years and only had 3 seasons as best 22.

CHANGES AT END OF 2023:
IN: BARRASS
OUT: MACKENZIE
SUB: T.KELLY

FBJ.MCGOVERN*D.GLASSB.SHEPPARD
HBS.HURN (c)T.BARRASS*E.YEO*
CA.GAFF*M.PRIDDISD.KERR
INTL.SHUEYN.NAITANUIC.FLETCHER - D.WIRRPANDA
COACH:JOHN WORSFOLDSUB: T.KELLY*

CHANGES AT END OF 2023:
IN: BARRASS
OUT: MACKENZIE
SUB: T.KELLY

FBJ.MCGOVERN*D.GLASSB.SHEPPARD
HBS.HURN (c)T.BARRASS*E.YEO*
CA.GAFF*M.PRIDDISD.KERR
INTL.SHUEYN.NAITANUIC.FLETCHER - D.WIRRPANDA
COACH:JOHN WORSFOLDSUB: T.KELLY*
No way priddis over shuey no fn way and yeo over fletch

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chad Fletcher was solid, and a leading light in a dark period in the early 2000s but there's no way he's considered in any best of team.

Chad Fletcher was top 3 or 4 in all our best and fairests from 2001-2004 wasn't he?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back