Last edited:

MacKenzie - Glass - Wirrapanda
Sheppard - McGovern - Hurn
Gaff - Judd - Embley
LeCras - Lynch - Kennedy
Cripps - Darling - Phil Matera

Cox - Cousins - Kerr

Shuey - Naitanui - Yeo - Waters

I think the defence is too tall mind you.

I'm actually wondering if Butler would be a better fit than Waters. I chose Waters for his toughness and tackling ability but Butler has the superior foot skills and defensive accountability. Tough one.

I'm actually wondering if Butler would be a better fit than Waters. I chose Waters for his toughness and tackling ability but Butler has the superior foot skills and defensive accountability. Tough one.

Get out.

FB Hunter Glass Wirrpanda
HB Hurn Mcgovern Waters
C Gaff Kerr Embley
HF Cousins Darling Lecras
FF Cripps Kennedy Matera
R Cox Judd Yeo
I Nicnat Shuey Sheppard Stenglein

I'm not picking based on who's had the overall best careers and trying to fit everyone in. I'm picking a side to play and im picking the best 22 this is my team. Hunter as the swingman otherwise we are either too tall down back or up front. Yeo starts in the centre as he can either go head to head with anyone or play shutdown. Shep as 7th defender and stinger as the last mid rotation/tagger.

Priddis despite being much more decorated doesn't find a slot as a clearance mid with the obscene talent we have available there.
Mackenzie doesn't make it as Hunter proves more versatile and with Glass in the side you are only really picking one lockdown tall.
Lynch doesn't make it as he had the turning circle of a bus, Hunter can swing forward, we play two full time rucks and I prefer more pressure at ground level.

Get out.

FB Hunter Glass Wirrpanda
HB Hurn Mcgovern Waters
C Gaff Kerr Embley
HF Cousins Darling Lecras
FF Cripps Kennedy Matera
R Cox Judd Yeo
I Nicnat Shuey Sheppard Stenglein

I'm not picking based on who's had the overall best careers and trying to fit everyone in. I'm picking a side to play and im picking the best 22 this is my team. Hunter as the swingman otherwise we are either too tall down back or up front. Yeo starts in the centre as he can either go head to head with anyone or play shutdown. Shep as 7th defender and stinger as the last mid rotation/tagger.

Priddis despite being much more decorated doesn't find a slot as a clearance mid with the obscene talent we have available there.
Mackenzie doesn't make it as Hunter proves more versatile and with Glass in the side you are only really picking one lockdown tall.
Lynch doesn't make it as he had the turning circle of a bus, Hunter can swing forward, we play two full time rucks and I prefer more pressure at ground level.

I like it but I have cousins starting on ball, Yeo as good as he is still is a level below Cousins.
Cripps??? Embley half forward for mine and Braun to the wing. Cripps our for me.

I like it but I have cousins starting on ball, Yeo as good as he is still is a level below Cousins.
Cripps??? Embley half forward for mine and Braun to the wing. Cripps our for me.

Yeo starts in the middle as I feel you need someone who can go both offensively and defensively. I do feel Cousins is the better player, i'm one of the very few who actually believe that Cousins was a better player for West Coast (career total) vs Judd.
Cripps as no matter what team I was coaching I want a pressure forward who contributes offensively. Our two primary top level small forwards since the turn of the decade are in the side, cousins provides the extra mid / goal kicking mid space, I don't think it leaves us with many options.

To me the only other way to do it is to put lecras in the other pocket, move Braun to a wing and embley to the HFF that lecca was on. To me it's just not a realistic side though. Braun at 47 goals this century and 175 games vs Cripps with 195 goals from 146 in WCE colours.

I went with 5 forwards, a swingman, 2 rucks, 6 defenders and 8 mids. Not sure it's realistic to drop another forward for a mid.

As stated there are a couple who are stiff to miss on the basis of their careers but if i was picking a side to play that's how they'd line up. Simpson would be Coach as well. Both Worsfold and Simpson are great leaders but I feel Simmo is the better gameday coach even though i feel Worsfold is the most important person in the clubs history although Nisbett if another flag is delivered before he retires gives that a pretty fair shake.

FB: Wirrapanda Glass (VC) Sheppard
CHB: Hurn McGovern Waters
C: Embley Cousins (C) Gaff
CHF: Shuey Darling Pe.Matera
FF: Ph.Matera Kennedy LeCras
R: Cox Judd Kerr
INT: Naitanui Yeo Jetta Stenglein

EMG: Cripps, Braun, Lynch, Chick

Picking a team for to play tomorrow not on decorated careers as stated above.

B: Mackenzie, Glass, Wirra
HB: Hurn, McGovern, Yeo
C: Embley, Judd, Gaff
HF: LeCras, Darling, Cousins
F: Matera, Kennedy, Lynch
R: Cox, Kerr, Shuey
INT: Priddis, Fletcher, Sheppard, Naitanui

Decent list

Gun midfield from mid 2000s with gun forward and backlines from late 2010s+ practically writes itself.

Miles better the best Fremantle list of all time too lol.

FB: J.MCGOVERN* - D.GLASS - D.WIRRPANDA
HB: S.HURN* (c) - E.MACKENZIE - E.YEO*
C: A.GAFF* - M.PRIDDIS - D.KERR
HF: J.DARLING* - Q.LYNCH - A.EMBLEY
FF: M.LE CRAS - J.KENNEDY* - PH.MATERA
RR: D.COX - C.JUDD - B.COUSINS (vc)
INT: L.SHUEY* - C.FLETCHER - A.SELWOOD - M.GARDINER
COACH: JOHN WORSFOLD

Minimum 50 games qualification.

I think West Coast's is the best team in terms of quality across every line.

Thoughts?

Naitanui for Gardiner, I question whether or not Selwood and Fletcher should be there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am finding it quite strange how many people don’t have Cousins starting on ball? Arguably our greatest ever midfielder and at worse second to only Judd.
Starting to think some have forgotten just how good he was.

Cox, Judd, Cousins is a no brainer and pick your side around it in my opinion.
Each to their own opinion though I guess.

CHANGES FOR END OF 2020:
INS: NAITANUI, SHEPPARD
OUTS: GARDINER, WIRRPANDA

Last edited:
CHANGES FOR END OF 2020:

[TD valign="top"]FB[/TD][TD valign="top"]J.MCGOVERN*[/TD][TD valign="top"]D.GLASS[/TD][TD valign="top"]B.SHEPPARD*[/TD]

[TD valign="top"]HB[/TD][TD valign="top"]S.HURN* (c)[/TD][TD valign="top"]E.MACKENZIE[/TD][TD valign="top"]E.YEO*[/TD]

[TD valign="top"]C[/TD][TD valign="top"]A.GAFF*[/TD][TD valign="top"]M.PRIDDIS[/TD][TD valign="top"]D.KERR[/TD]

[TD valign="top"]HF[/TD][TD valign="top"]J.DARLING*[/TD][TD valign="top"]Q.LYNCH[/TD][TD valign="top"]A.EMBLEY[/TD]

[TD valign="top"]FF[/TD][TD valign="top"]M.LE CRAS[/TD][TD valign="top"]J.KENNEDY*[/TD][TD valign="top"]PH.MATERA[/TD]

[TD valign="top"]RR[/TD][TD valign="top"]D.COX[/TD][TD valign="top"]C.JUDD[/TD][TD valign="top"]B.COUSINS (vc)[/TD]

[TD valign="top"]INT[/TD][TD valign="top"]L.SHUEY* ---- C.FLETCHER[/TD][TD valign="top"]A.SELWOOD[/TD][TD valign="top"]N.NAITANUI*[/TD]

[TD valign="top"]COACH:[/TD][TD valign="top"]JOHN WORSFOLD[/TD][TD valign="top"][/TD]
Priddis in the middle.

So you have chosen death.

CHANGES FOR END OF 2020:

[TD valign="top"]FB[/TD][TD valign="top"]J.MCGOVERN*[/TD][TD valign="top"]D.GLASS[/TD][TD valign="top"]B.SHEPPARD*[/TD]

[TD valign="top"]HB[/TD][TD valign="top"]S.HURN* (c)[/TD][TD valign="top"]E.MACKENZIE[/TD][TD valign="top"]E.YEO*[/TD]

[TD valign="top"]C[/TD][TD valign="top"]A.GAFF*[/TD][TD valign="top"]M.PRIDDIS[/TD][TD valign="top"]D.KERR[/TD]

[TD valign="top"]HF[/TD][TD valign="top"]J.DARLING*[/TD][TD valign="top"]Q.LYNCH[/TD][TD valign="top"]A.EMBLEY[/TD]

[TD valign="top"]FF[/TD][TD valign="top"]M.LE CRAS[/TD][TD valign="top"]J.KENNEDY*[/TD][TD valign="top"]PH.MATERA[/TD]

[TD valign="top"]RR[/TD][TD valign="top"]D.COX[/TD][TD valign="top"]C.JUDD[/TD][TD valign="top"]B.COUSINS (vc)[/TD]

[TD valign="top"]INT[/TD][TD valign="top"]L.SHUEY* ---- C.FLETCHER[/TD][TD valign="top"]A.SELWOOD[/TD][TD valign="top"]N.NAITANUI*[/TD]

[TD valign="top"]COACH:[/TD][TD valign="top"]JOHN WORSFOLD[/TD][TD valign="top"][/TD]

So Priddis on ball.

Death it is. How would you like your execution performed.

Haha just a reminder that priddis has polled more best and fairest votes than any other wc player this century, is a brownlow medallist, all australian and best and fairest winner!!
It's primarily a team balance thing.

He wouldn't make my starting midfield with the likes of Judd, Kerr, Cousins, Shuey, Yeo available. And he isn't the type that you'd have coming off the bench.

Haha just a reminder that priddis has polled more best and fairest votes than any other wc player this century, is a brownlow medallist, all australian and best and fairest winner!!

Did a great job in his time but he wouldn’t make my side. Probably in the top 50 players to play for the club but not in the best midfielders for me.
Judd, Cousins, Kerr, Kemp, Shuey, Yeo, Peter Matera all are far superior players.

CHANGES FOR END OF 2020:

3 changes for me.
1. You took a leaf out of the AA selection with Yeo. Place a midfielder on a flank. Yeo cannot not justify his inclusion based on what he did on a flank but can as a midfielder. Team balance is much better with Beau Watters on the half back flank. I would add Yeo in for Fletcher as a rotating mid and a Mr Anywhere.
2. Q Stick makes the team too tall up front (considering NN and Cox can also rest forward). Early call but Ryan (yes that AA small forward). Jack to CHF.
3. Wirrapanda for A Selwood for me. The backline can do with some additional foot speed.

3 changes for me.
1. You took a leaf out of the AA selection with Yeo. Place a midfielder on a flank. Yeo cannot not justify his inclusion based on what he did on a flank but can as a midfielder. Team balance is much better with Beau Watters on the half back flank. I would add Yeo in for Fletcher as a rotating mid and a Mr Anywhere.
2. Q Stick makes the team too tall up front (considering NN and Cox can also rest forward). Early call but Ryan (yes that AA small forward). Jack to CHF.
3. Wirrapanda for A Selwood for me. The backline can do with some additional foot speed.

correct me if im wrong, but didnt yeo play a lot in defence up until last 3 years? i believe his first all australian selection was a year where he played more defensive too?

i think ryan is well on track to come in to this team within the next 2 years once he has a bigger body of work.

FBShannon HurnDarren GlassDavid Wirrpanda
HBBeau WatersJeremy McGovernBrad Sheppard
CAndrew EmbleyMatthew PriddisAndrew Gaff
HFBen CousinsJosh KennedyMark Lecras
FFJamie CrippsJack DarlingPhillip Matera
RRDean CoxChris JuddDaniel Kerr
INTNick NaitanuiLuke ShueyElliot YeoMichael Braun
COACH:Adam Simpson

We really have always struggled for great forwards, so Matera sneaks in having played only 117 games, with Cuzzy off a flank where he played a fair bit anyway. Naitanui as 2nd ruck, Yeo as my spare backman, with Shuey & Braun.
I feel everyone piicked are a class above a lot of other good players like Fletcher, Rosa, Stenglein, Chick, Nicoski & a bunch of Selwoods & Joneses ;)
Next in line for talls were Gardiner, Hunter & McKenzie and another step down again were Schofield & Lynch.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back