Game Day West Coast Umpires vs Demetriou's Giants

Remove this Banner Ad

Despite the umpire's best efforts both home and away, the Eagles have now lost 3 on the trot. The wheels are falling off, Gaff’s trying on North guernseys, Simmo needs to be sacked and we need to make at least 8 changes to the 22 this week. Well at least that's what the early melts are reporting.

Demetriou's beloved GWS are more or less just relieved that they for once won't have to lie about crowd figures so we can all be assured that the expansion clubs are a massive success. Much like the Eagles, GWS are without their star forward after Cameron did his best Tom Jonas impersonation. This of course opens the door for a horribly out of form forward to play the game of his life against us (aka flog Walker). Enter - The General. Will we play this former number 1 draft pick into form? Or will it be a random fringe small forward who kicks 3 against us? Only time will tell.

Surely our legions of "KICK IT FORWARD" super fans will diminish any noise from the minimal Giants faithful whose numbers even make my post count after 7 years look impressive. And if that doesn’t shock these Giants to their core than surely the memory of Natters going beast mode to smash them at home will

BoilingAcceptableKitfox-size_restricted.gif

So excited are we for this game, Liam Ryan started driving like McInnes kicks a footy – not well. Unfortunately for the Victorian media – this story didn’t quite have the same meat to it as a Cuzzy swim across the swan or Q-Stick getaway. Never the less their special correspondent Daniel Chick has filed it away in case the Eagles make a run in September.

Key Points and Match Ups

Will Schofield vs Entire GWS forward line
  • With beautiful Barrass still struggling from shaggers back – once again we look to the ever-underappreciated jack of all trades Schoey to lead our defence to glory. Calls for this legend to not play again at the start of the season have been found to be laughable as he’s easily been our most important cog. *Hurn and Sheppard have had decent seasons too.
Lewis Jetta vs the Bigfooty faithful
  • Will Jetts show some heart and desire? I’m not sure but maybe you can ask him tonight at Hungry Jacks if you’re an unfortunate soul who resides in Rockingham.

nB7PUr2.png

Our recruitment team vs Stephen Coniglio
  • Let’s get Conigs back in love with WA. Get him out to the closing down of Perth’s hottest club Ambar the night before the game and maybe a tour of the Belltower pre-game. A big selling point is that he’ll only have to run at half pace in our midfield to fit in.
This will be a tough game but it’s time for us to get back to winning ways. With Kennedy / Darling still ruled out, it will be a tough one. However, until the last quarter against the Crows – we showed we could still get a run on. Just need a 4-quarter effort. The Giants are back in form and with Kelly back firing for them – it’s not going to be easy.

I pray that Yeo starts and stays in the guts. We are an infinitely better team with him there. Gov needs to start back especially with Lobb/Patton/Himmelberg down there. I expect Vardy to come in for McInnes who probably doesn’t know he retired from AFL last week. Expect hutchings to stay in and go to Shiel, Cripps could potentially play a negating role on Whitfield. Fully expect a conservative approach come team announcements but I reckon there could be at least one surprise.

Verdict

My brain says the Giants win but my Jetta sized heart says the Eagles by 3 points in a nail biter.

It’s our season on the line in terms of contending for top 4

We must find a way to nullify their midfield and score

Something we have not done in 3 weeks

Nic Nat has to fire
Shuey has to fire ...

And Elliot yeo needs 25 and two goals

Barras must play .....harden up son ...we need you

The win in round 8 was a cracking performance, a very enjoyable game and the best away win all year. The Giants have their Mojo back, huge task, but Im backing the boys to pinch this in a tight one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Despite the umpire's best efforts both home and away, the Eagles have now lost 3 on the trot. The wheels are falling off, Gaff’s trying on North guernseys, Simmo needs to be sacked and we need to make at least 8 changes to the 22 this week. Well at least that's what the early melts are reporting.

Demetriou's beloved GWS are more or less just relieved that they for once won't have to lie about crowd figures so we can all be assured that the expansion clubs are a massive success. Much like the Eagles, GWS are without their star forward after Cameron did his best Tom Jonas impersonation. This of course opens the door for a horribly out of form forward to play the game of his life against us (aka flog Walker). Enter - The General. Will we play this former number 1 draft pick into form? Or will it be a random fringe small forward who kicks 3 against us? Only time will tell.

Surely our legions of "KICK IT FORWARD" super fans will diminish any noise from the minimal Giants faithful whose numbers even make my post count after 7 years look impressive. And if that doesn’t shock these Giants to their core than surely the memory of Natters going beast mode to smash them at home will

BoilingAcceptableKitfox-size_restricted.gif

So excited are we for this game, Liam Ryan started driving like McInnes kicks a footy – not well. Unfortunately for the Victorian media – this story didn’t quite have the same meat to it as a Cuzzy swim across the swan or Q-Stick getaway. Never the less their special correspondent Daniel Chick has filed it away in case the Eagles make a run in September.

Key Points and Match Ups

Will Schofield vs Entire GWS forward line
  • With beautiful Barrass still struggling from shaggers back – once again we look to the ever-underappreciated jack of all trades Schoey to lead our defence to glory. Calls for this legend to not play again at the start of the season have been found to be laughable as he’s easily been our most important cog. *Hurn and Sheppard have had decent seasons too.
Lewis Jetta vs the Bigfooty faithful
  • Will Jetts show some heart and desire? I’m not sure but maybe you can ask him tonight at Hungry Jacks if you’re an unfortunate soul who resides in Rockingham.

nB7PUr2.png

Our recruitment team vs Stephen Coniglio
  • Let’s get Conigs back in love with WA. Get him out to the closing down of Perth’s hottest club Ambar the night before the game and maybe a tour of the Belltower pre-game. A big selling point is that he’ll only have to run at half pace in our midfield to fit in.
This will be a tough game but it’s time for us to get back to winning ways. With Kennedy / Darling still ruled out, it will be a tough one. However, until the last quarter against the Crows – we showed we could still get a run on. Just need a 4-quarter effort. The Giants are back in form and with Kelly back firing for them – it’s not going to be easy.

I pray that Yeo starts and stays in the guts. We are an infinitely better team with him there. Gov needs to start back especially with Lobb/Patton/Himmelberg down there. I expect Vardy to come in for McInnes who probably doesn’t know he retired from AFL last week. Expect hutchings to stay in and go to Shiel, Cripps could potentially play a negating role on Whitfield. Fully expect a conservative approach come team announcements but I reckon there could be at least one surprise.

Verdict

My brain says the Giants win but my Jetta sized heart says the Eagles by 3 points in a nail biter.
Top post! Like the call of Cripps to Whitfield,thats the sort of coaching move an undermanned side needs to look at.

Will GWS fans at the game tick over to double figures?
We have one in Perth that famously has a shed dedicated to us, and Cogs has a big family so probably.
Great preview, as a Giants fan I laughed.
You guys won the free kick count 20-16 at Spotless so there's no real need for shouting against us. We know we're a bit careless with the tackling and sometimes we need to hold the play up. It might upset the guys. :cool:Sure we can rely on the usual respectful silence when we get it through the sticks though.

I am optimistic. Why?
Because we have shown that we can match it with anybody for long periods.Its those runs we need to stop and that is between the ears not talent! I think im like you,we'll probably get rolled but a funny little niggle says we are good enough to win if we can get mentally switched on.Inspiration?? Bullies V Geelong last week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back