West Coast v Covid 19 - we are better off than most

Remove this Banner Ad

Capriati

Club Legend
Aug 25, 2019
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
I wouldnt mind seeing gold coast and some of the beggar vic clubs fold.

Gold Coast is important to the AFL over the longer term (as is GWS). Footy participation rates in QLD have increased substantially since GCS came in to the competition.

Some of the smaller boutique Melbourne clubs can GAGF though. They serve no purpose in the league in terms of adding value. Would like to see 2 from North, Bulldogs, Saints and Demons fold.

Apr 30, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
So West Coast are like the Chinese Government. Slowly buy the smaller areas and make more money then eventually but out and kill off Victoria?
1585218612173.png

Gold Coast is important to the AFL over the longer term (as is GWS). Footy participation rates in QLD have increased substantially since GCS came in to the competition.

Some of the smaller boutique Melbourne clubs can GAGF though. They serve no purpose in the league in terms of adding value. Would like to see 2 from North, Bulldogs, Saints and Demons fold.

Another option, mergers and relocations

Gold Coast + Saints
Gold Coast Saints

GWS + Bulldogs
Greater Western Bulldogs

Tasmania Kangaroos

It's out of the Lions and Swans creation playbook

Apr 30, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast

Gold Coast + Saints
Gold Coast Saints

GWS + Bulldogs
Greater Western Bulldogs

Tasmania Kangaroos

Tasmania deserves its own side. However...

Your option leaves Freo as the only club without a premiership. Do it!

Jan 9, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Scorchers, South Fremantle
WAFL now wants money out of WC to help prop the WAFL teams up.

By the end of the year after we give all the money out i can surely see WC now getting 17 home games per year and the AFL GF at Optus if we finish on top.

Also agree we should help Freo out as much as it pains to say that. They are a massive part of WA footy.

It would give our players some good sledging ammunition for the next few derbies.

ziad

Brownlow Medallist
May 2, 2009
Sydney
AFL Club
West Coast

Gold Coast + Saints
Gold Coast Saints

GWS + Bulldogs
Greater Western Bulldogs

Tasmania Kangaroos

No enough people in Tassi for a decent pandemic - forget about a footy team. this has been killed by the virus

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sep 8, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast

Completely agree GC and GWS are vital. We cannot lose having two teams in NSW and Qld respectively

Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
Completely agree GC and GWS are vital. We cannot lose having two teams in NSW and Qld respectively

The 2nd team in QLD I'm not sold on at all.

Merge them with Tassie, retain 18 teams, Tassie Govt funds them not the AFL as much.

People (myself included) feel that without the 18 teams the TV rights deal will shrink. Well now with the world heading into recession I'm betting the next TV rights deal is going to be smaller no matter if we retain 18 clubs or not.

So now is the time to 'shake the AFL tree' and do some pruning / relocations / mergers etc. Get on the front foot and renegotiate a deal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back