Game Day West Coast v Essendon: This Time It’s Personnel

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not wear rose coloured glasses when it comes to Nicnat compared to other eagles supporters

I don't hate Nicnat what I see is a talent that is being wasted and needs still needs to be managed to get through a full game which stuffs up the selections and balance of the whole team

His marking ability has gone and he is struggling to kick a goal..has he kicked a goal this year ??....its not good enough from a senior player

I hear what you are saying, but he is now 31 years old with a long history of injury. He has always (and still has) extreme talent yes. He plays to his strengths. He is not an accumulator of the ball, he has never been a marking player. He is different! And seriously, without him we would have been well and truly out of the game earlier than it was tonight.

Oh so you would take having a player who is only capable of playing half the game and needs and another playing picked because he cant run the game out....plus he cannot mark anymore never kicks a bloody goal and lets partime rucks dominate him when the game is there to be won ???

At least sheed puts his head over the ball and has a go...something Nicnat lacks !!!
You've got no idea mate.
Can never question NN's effort.

I hear what you are saying, but he is now 31 years old with a long history of injury. He has always (and still has) extreme talent yes. He plays to his strengths. He is not an accumulator of the ball, he has never been a marking player. He is different! And seriously, without him we would have been well and truly out of the game earlier than it was tonight.
He was a huge marking player before he did his knee.

Soon as kelly went down it was game over . Didnt expect anything else .
I thought this then we Kicked 4 goals in quick succession got happy with ourselves and then bombers slapped their dicks on our faces for the rest of the night.

I thought this then we Kicked 4 goals in quick succession got happy with ourselves and then bombers slapped their dicks on our faces for the rest of the night.
Not sure we got happy with ourselves TBH.
The halftime score flattered us.
Essendon could've easily been in front.

Oh so you would take having a player who is only capable of playing half the game and needs and another playing picked because he cant run the game out....plus he cannot mark anymore never kicks a bloody goal and lets partime rucks dominate him when the game is there to be won ???

At least sheed puts his head over the ball and has a go...something Nicnat lacks !!!
Hahaha questioning Nic Nat’s endeavour. Kills himself for the club, morseo than any other player on our list.

Let’s part time rucks dominant him? Mate did you watch the game? Essendon stopped having their ruck jump after quarter time ffs, it was the most clear concession of “we can’t hang with you” you’ll ever see in professional sport. 7 clearances, most on the team. 17 contested possessions, most on the field. Six tackles, most on the field. Six intercepts, second on the team. 40 hitouts and Essendon had 14 as a team. Dominated was he?

Everyone knows you’re a troll mate, but at least pick your spots and be subtle about it. Complaining that Nic did anything other than give the Eagles any chance tonight is folly.

We're struggling at the moment but throwing the toys out the cot like some around here is pointless.
Some of players out there tonight aren't up to it and some are at the tail end of their career.
This season looks shot so time for a clean out and reset, that's footy.
Yep

Our supporters have unrealistic expectations at times.
Our team with the current injuries was never going to make top 4 and people are surprised.

Ryan looks fat. Hurn is slow of body and mind. Yeo is half a game in. No wonder we can't run it out.

Hurn was infuriating how about we get some forward movement he did not look forward once (besides of course to that special flank). Grabs it, turns and looks to feed it back every time tonight when we had blokes free down the line

Forward setup in wet was remarkable. 3 talLs in a triangle pressing up. Where was an attempt to isolate a small?

Effort was s**t. How can they be cooked when simmo makes sure to play a sustainable game plan that won't tire them.
Too many dropped mopey heads.

And what quality do you suggest we bring in?
Not about quality in self tug, we need to change how we play, we dont have great depth I get that but it isn’t solely about personnel this game plan is shithouse, we are playing a top heavy possession game when it doesn’t work at least 60 percent of the time, it doesn’t work away from home and in less then perfect conditions

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hurn was infuriating how about we get some forward movement he did not look forward once (besides of course to that special flank). Grabs it, turns and looks to feed it back every time tonight when we had blokes free down the line

This is very true, and it's not just Hurn. We play incredibly negative footy these days. We used to chip it around in defence because we were looking for an opening, but there doesn't seem to be a plan anymore. It's just dick around for a while, then kick to a contest on the flank and lose it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back