Unofficial Preview West Coast v Fremantle FEB 27th: Scratch Match **LIVE STREAM SAT 27th FEB 10am

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Eagles will be facing Fremantle in a scratch match 10am Saturday 27th Feb.

This will be accessible to all via our website: https://www.westcoasteagles.com.au

Nic Nat will miss with a minor hammy.

1614216381012.png

Last edited:

Nice, Short and Precise. Now that's what I call a great preview

My Best 22 for 2021:

Sheppard Barrass Cole
Witherden McGovern Hurn
Gaff Yeo Sheed
Cripps Darling Waterman
Ryan Kennedy Langdon

Naitanui Shuey Kelly

Duggan Nelson Allen Redden

Only 5 missing from my best 22 - admittedly 5 good ones!

Most interested in the games of Langdon, Witherden, Jones, Duggan and some pre-season optimism on Jarrad Brander.

Not playing

2. Waterman (inj)
6. Yeo (inj)
9. Naitanui (inj)
11. Kelly (inj)
16. Ledwards
17. Kennedy (inj)
18. Venables (conc)
22. Winder
26. Trew
32. Williams (inj)
34. Hutchings (inj)
38. Johnson
39. Cameron (?)
40. Jamieson
44. Rioli (pot)

So the only uninjured players not named are 1st or 2nd years which is not surprising given there’s only two competitive hit outs before round 1

And Cameron who looked to be playing in the intraclub last week but isn’t named - maybe injured, but if he isn’t he’s fallen a long way back

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cameron who looked to be playing in the intraclub last week but isn’t named - maybe injured, but if he isn’t he’s fallen a long way back
What is going on here do we think?

What is going on here [with Cameron] do we think?

Still walking laps on his time trial it would seem.

Any particular reason why Langdon, Witherden and Jones aren’t listed in their new numbers?

Not sure - seems especially odd since Witherden will be in 23 this year, rather than Langdon.

Can only speculate that it would be due to the club not having this season's shirts completed yet, so will be using ones from last year. (ie. Langdon in Jetta's and Witherden in M.O'Neill's)
Probably cause we're still using last year's jumpers.

Edit: There's the confirmation of that.

Wtf Trew not selected. Is this a prank?

Yeah, this one is the one that gets me too. Most physically ready of the inexperienced mids to be able to impose himself at stoppages, and of that group has attracted the most media attention through preseason thus far.

Is there an injury concern that we don't know about?

Yeah, this one is the one that gets me too. Most physically ready of the inexperienced mids to be able to impose himself at stoppages, and of that group has attracted the most media attention through preseason thus far.

Is there an injury concern that we don't know about?
I would've easily have selected him ahead of Ah Chee (or Foley).

I would've easily have selected him ahead of Ah Chee (or Foley).
Foley ahead of Trew, for reasons I guess.

What gets me is that the club can use as many players as it likes - Geelong for example, used over 30 in their warm-up against Collingwood today - why restrict it to 27 and rule out giving a kid the chance to taste what it feels like to play at top level?

Numbers 26, 31, 43 and 46 would still be available for use from last year's kit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back