Unofficial Preview West Coast v Fremantle FEB 27th: Scratch Match **LIVE STREAM SAT 27th FEB 10am

Status
Not open for further replies.
Close bae, one more practice match loss and I'll be asking for a refund on my membership - all 26 years worth.
Yeh don’t waste your money, I can’t see Fremantle losing another game tbh.

Astro7

Official Halftime Oranges Man
Aug 6, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Just on this point, the players have a mandatory minimum break after finishing the season and coming back to training, meaning that if you make the finals you can theoretacally be behind another team that didn't by at least a fortnight in your preparation. Legitimately something to consider.
For sure, which means since we've been a finals team over a long period, we've often been behind in our preparation for the following season = we've been rusty for quite some time!
Mind you rust doesn't seem to stick to Richmond, Hawthorn or Geelong so much. they can go deep into finals and back it up next season, and again..
It was all so underwhelming, I was just being flip with those terms or cliches 'rusty' and 'wants it more'...
But hey, the coaches use the same terms! Must be something in it?
Curious to know if Freo fielded their best 22, or had some quality out?

WCE_phil

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 14, 2009
perth
AFL Club
West Coast
For sure, which means since we've been a finals team over a long period, we've often been behind in our preparation for the following season = we've been rusty for quite some time!
Mind you rust doesn't seem to stick to Richmond, Hawthorn or Geelong so much. they can go deep into finals and back it up next season, and again..
It was all so underwhelming, I was just being flip with those terms or cliches 'rusty' and 'wants it more'...
But hey, the coaches use the same terms! Must be something in it?
Curious to know if Freo fielded their best 22, or had some quality out?

Darcy was out but Meek destroyed vardy anyway.

The number of times Meek just strolled out of the ruck with the ball was a bit frightening. Vardy actually won a fair share of taps but he had basically zero connection with our mids.

I also noticed that it was often Duggan/Ainsworth man who was sharking Vardy's taps. The mid craft isn't strong outside our top 4 - Shue, Yeo, TK and Reddo. Gaff is up to speed but gets moved off his lines too easily in there to be a ball winner.

FD2646

Premiership Player
Sep 11, 2008
Everywhere, anywhere
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
West Perth
Curious to know if Freo fielded their best 22, or had some quality out
[/QUOTE]
No Sean Darcy, Matt Tabener, Steven Hill, Griffin Logue, Nathan Wilson, Sam Sturt - all whom when fit I consider in/around the best 22. Others I don't consider best 22 who missed selection include Connor Blakely, Taylin Duman and Brett Bewley.

As you can probably tell from my avatar, I don't particularly like your mob and whilst I finally think we are moving in the right direction, this was only a scratch match. Yes, it's nice to win - but it literally means nothing...... unfortunately.

Many all Australians from that mob? It looks like a pretty impressive list.

We had a couple spuds out I guess, but they really don't compare to 3 gamer Sam Sturt, Taberner, Darcy or Logue though.

Yeo 2x AA
Kennedy 3x AA (2x Coleman)
Naitanui 2x AA
Kelly 1x AA

Into The Black

All Australian
Aug 16, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
We use these games to see what our young fellas have got ( sadly not a lot atm ) Freo use these games as motivation for their fans/membership.

Numero Uno

Club Legend
Mar 28, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
No Sean Darcy, Matt Tabener, Steven Hill, Griffin Logue, Nathan Wilson, Sam Sturt - all whom when fit I consider in/around the best 22. Others I don't consider best 22 who missed selection include Connor Blakely, Taylin Duman and Brett Bewley.

As you can probably tell from my avatar, I don't particularly like your mob and whilst I finally think we are moving in the right direction, this was only a scratch match. Yes, it's nice to win - but it literally means nothing...... unfortunately.
[/QUOTE]

he asked for quailty

not a potato list

and your avatar just proves your obsession with us, like every freo supporter I have ever met

Carnthedockers

Premiership Player
Aug 31, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle

We had a couple spuds out I guess, but they really don't compare to 3 gamer Sam Sturt, Taberner, Darcy or Logue though.

Yeo 2x AA
Naitanui 2x AA
Kelly 1x AA
Your not worried you couldn’t perform without them? Yeo has a nasty injury which could well drag on like daniher, and Kennedy and natanui are right at the end. Some of those players we missed, whilst they don’t have the accolades, and don’t compare yet, they are very important to us (particularly darcy and taberner), and most of them are still young. Sturt and Logue could be anything imo. People laugh at our “no names” missing but a couple of years ago no one knew of young, serong, Brayshaw and Cerra either. Logue was dominant before his injury last year.

Carnthedockers

Premiership Player
Aug 31, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle

Potatoes don’t generally make 40 Man AA Squads or get rising star nominations. Just because you don’t know our players doesn’t mean they aren’t good. They’ve just been injured, a lot.

FreeTK

Premiership Player
Oct 2, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast

How many players from your latest premiership were you guys missing?

Sorry, what was that?......22?

Numero Uno

Club Legend
Mar 28, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
Potatoes don’t generally make 40 Man AA Squads or get rising star nominations. Just because you don’t know our players doesn’t mean they aren’t good. They’ve just been injured, a lot.

sure sure
I'm familiar with Tabs, funniest comedian in the league

Numero Uno

Club Legend
Mar 28, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast

Yeo 2x AA
Naitanui 2x AA
Kelly 1x AA

hey Tabs kicked 13 goals in a season once !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Carnthedockers

Premiership Player
Aug 31, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
hey Tabs kicked 13 goals in a season once !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well he kicked 29 in a shortened season, not far off Kennedy. Played less games and had a far from dominant midfield. 69% accuracy to Kennedy’s 60%. Has been injured most of the previous 2 seasons after starting incredibly well. But lets not let facts get in the way, please proceed.

Astro7

Official Halftime Oranges Man
Aug 6, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Ok, Freo it seems had some quality on the sidelines too - if not, that puts the Scratchie in better perspective. So it remains even more underwhelming now, but no different to previous Scratchies perhaps.
(Freo were showing good signs 2019, would expect a solid improvement this season, finals possibly)(Fyfe has his "I mean business" haircut)
Watched the last quarter and they all looked like they were going through the motions..
Next game should provide some insights, or be closer to the truth?

Numero Uno

Club Legend
Mar 28, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
Well he kicked 29 in a shortened season, not far off Kennedy. Played less games and had a far from dominant midfield. 69% accuracy to Kennedy’s 60%. Has been injured most of the previous 2 seasons after starting incredibly well. But lets not let facts get in the way, please proceed.

now the troll is comparing crabenar with Kennedy
lullzz only freo

FD2646

Premiership Player
Sep 11, 2008
Everywhere, anywhere
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
West Perth

[/QUOTE]

he asked for quailty

not a potato list

and your avatar just proves your obsession with us, like every freo supporter I have ever met
[/QUOTE]
Was just trying to answer the question and clarify that despite who was or wasn't playing, the outcome meant nothing. Your response is typical of the arrogance I am accustomed to when it comes to wce supporters. I will see myself out.

KERRPOW

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 28, 2008
in a town near you
AFL Club
West Coast
Half of me knows this is a preseason game so the result doesnt matter.

Half of me wants to fold the club.

Midfield/contested ball & oppo transition into their F50 from a turnover with ease will kill us again.

gee i mean its not like the coaches had 3 years to fix this up or anything 🤷🏾‍♂️

TOA.

Premiership Player
Oct 30, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast

[/QUOTE]

Not much missing at all really then. I'll pay Taberner and Logue but the rest are very boaderline best 22.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back