Unofficial Preview West Coast v Fremantle FEB 27th: Scratch Match **LIVE STREAM SAT 27th FEB 10am

Status
Not open for further replies.

Numero Uno

Club Legend
Mar 28, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
Was just trying to answer the question and clarify that despite who was or wasn't playing, the outcome meant nothing. Your response is typical of the arrogance I am accustomed to when it comes to wce supporters. I will see myself out.

really ? I thought you were trolling our board after a scratchie win...silly me

Last edited by a moderator:
Oct 8, 2007
WESTERN AUSTRALIA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
FLO-RIDA , PITBULL ,SEAN PAUL
It's a scratch match which had nothing on the line for us. We managed players and we'll do so again next week.

If there isn't four points on the line then i'm not worried. No point putting any stocks into pre season apart from hopefully seeing what the younger and fringe players put up. From the sounds of it Rotham, Brander and O'Neill did some nice things and it's not like we're working with much depth in those departments anyway.

Our Best 22 is class and we have a good handful of players to back them when injuries happen.

Barring complete catastrophe with injuries i'm confident top 4 is on the cards this year.

I agree what your saying and we probably lucky we played Freo ..

Port Power look to be the team to beat this year and glad we don`t face them next week ..

Carnthedockers

Premiership Player
Aug 31, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle

JFC.

Of all the hills to die on.
Sorry, what’s laughable is you’re saying I’ve compared their careers. I haven’t, I compared their last season, which are very even. After being told he was a potato. Thought maybe I could break it down into a language you might understand. One was a top 3 pick, the other a rookie..It appears not. Please continue.

Oct 8, 2007
WESTERN AUSTRALIA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
I thought it was obvious from the ruck contests that neither Meek nor Vardy were putting their body into it. Don't think I recall a centre bounce where they directly jumped into each other, instead they tried to judge the ball and avoided contact. IMO it looked like a directive in the interest of self-preservation.

Vardy`s first game in a long while , just glad to see him get through unscathed . Good to see he took a few marks around the ground and drifted fwd and kicked a goal ..

TOA.

Premiership Player
Oct 30, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Why was this rule introduced ? Losing me.

Has more relevance up the ground. Basically means the “45 kicks” on the diagonal are much easier because the man on the mark can’t cover them off. The idea is that it will promote better and quicker ball movement, particularly through the middle of the ground. I actually think it will.

Don't worry about folding the club, just fold the whole league

The most ridiculous thing about that decision is as the rule stands the umpire was correct

A completely meaningless movement that had zero impact on the game but rule is you can’t move even a step so 50m penalty it is

No trolling, just constructive debate. Thought it might make a nice change from the circle jerking. Thanks for having me 👌

Not sure how much of this thread you’ve been reading but a circle jerk is the opposite of most posts in here

Oct 8, 2007
WESTERN AUSTRALIA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Curious to know if Freo fielded their best 22, or had some quality out
No Sean Darcy, Matt Tabener, Steven Hill, Griffin Logue, Nathan Wilson, Sam Sturt - all whom when fit I consider in/around the best 22. Others I don't consider best 22 who missed selection include Connor Blakely, Taylin Duman and Brett Bewley.

As you can probably tell from my avatar, I don't particularly like your mob and whilst I finally think we are moving in the right direction, this was only a scratch match. Yes, it's nice to win - but it literally means nothing...... unfortunately.
[/QUOTE]

He said quality players out of the team ..A -graders

Sorry, what’s laughable is you’re saying I’ve compared their careers. I haven’t, I compared their last season, which are very even. After being told he was a potato. Thought maybe I could break it down into a language you might understand. One was a top 3 pick, the other a rookie..It appears not. Please continue.
So you are comparing an old bloke in the twilight of his career with a bloke in his physical prime?

And old bloke had 25% more scoring shots from less tog. Laid 6 times more f50 tackles and took 25% more marks i50.

Good job on clunking a few Tabs.

What's next? Tabs kicked more goals than Suma last season?

Carnthedockers

Premiership Player
Aug 31, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
So you are comparing an old bloke in the twilight of his career with a bloke in his physical prime?

And old bloke had 25% more scoring shots from less tog. Laid 6 times more f50 tackles and took 25% more marks i50.

Good job on clunking a few Tabs.

What's next? Tabs kicked more goals than Suma last season?
Cant have it both ways champ. First you're telling me you're missing you're gun key forward, now he's an old has been. Make up your mind! You're battling. Kennedy is still in the top 3 forwards in the comp, and taberner matched him from a lot less quality entries. Spin it however you want.

Schmedit

Debutant
Jun 17, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
Cant have it both ways champ. First you're telling me you're missing you're gun key forward, now he's an old has been. Make up your mind! You're battling. Kennedy is still in the top 3 forwards in the comp, and taberner matched him from a lot less quality entries. Spin it however you want.

You're right, we're struggling and freo is budding!

WCE_phil

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 14, 2009
perth
AFL Club
West Coast

You see the difference is we actually had a second tall in our forward line also score more goals than Matt Taberner. Our third highest goal scorer Liam Ryan also scored only 3 less. So you would think with the 3 of them plus Oscar Allen with 18 goals combined with the fact that the difference in our respective sides inside 50's was only 1.7 per game you would think taberner as the main target up forward he should have kicked many more goals than either Darling or Kennedy. To put it into perspective Your top 4 goal scorers combined for 66 goals with one player responsible for almost half of that. Our top 4 goal scorers combined for 108 goals. Or maybe a better view our top 2 goal scorers combined for 64 goals.

Taberner is a good contested mark and had his best year in the league by a long, long way but in pretty much all other areas despite no other real targets up forward our top 3 goal scorers combined / 3 was 30 goals and Taberner scored 29.

Also take note that the dockers had a better disposal efficiency than west coast with more total disposals you would have thought that would mean even more opportunities for the dockers to score.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back