Game Day West Coast v Hawthorn at Sunny Perth Stadium- Won’t Someone Rid Me of This Troublesome Team?

Do The Eagles Win the 2019 Flag?

• Yes

• Yes, and the 2020 flag

• Yes, and overthrow the VFL

• Yes, all of the above

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Way, way too late. The wake up calls have been there all through the season and they weren't paid adequate attention it seems. Nic Nat coming in isn't going to fix this.
Agree wholeheartedly - both playing group and the coaching staff have been in premiership hangover mode for the better part of this year😟 How many games this year have we put in for the whole 4 quarters?

It's just a shame this "kick up the arse" has come too late as if we end up finishing 5th which is more than likely we aren't going anywhere this year as what the Bulldogs did in 2016 was an exception to the rule & can't see it being repeated anytime soon - would loved to have made the GF again this year even if we didn't manage to pull it off. Would have liked to see us playing Brisbane in the GF then if we lost wouldn't be too disappointed as wouldn't begrudge Brissie winning the flag. Oh well after our efforts have exhausted during the finals will be on the Brisbane bandwagon I guess🤔

Finishing 5th ain't pathetic champ.

Dry your eyes princess.
Hawks played very well, your blokes were way below their best. But if any team can win a flag from 5th, it is the Eagles. With Nic Nat primed to come in and give your mids first use of the footy, I think you can keep the faith. How sweet would it be if you go back to back this year from 5th. Keep backing your team in mate. They are a formidable outfit.

I just feel such a
Waste of talent and a season. No way brisbane beats richmond.
Maybe we win next week but that’s all, such wasted talent. No way we can travel 3 weeks in a row and win premiership. Our midfield and forward line needs a big change for next season and desperately need Tim kelly to complement yeo and shuey. Think Richmond will win now but Geelong for. Some reason think will lift for finals. Maybe Collingwood if hey get a charmed run, but we are Cooked for sure
If any team can travel 3 weeks in a row and win premiership, it’s your boys. You have to admit, going back to back this year from 5th would be all the sweeter wouldn’t it?

If any team can travel 3 weeks in a row and win premiership, it’s your boys. You have to admit, going back to back this year from 5th would be all the sweeter wouldn’t it?
To be fair, we're 9-3 at home and 6-4 away, with 2 of those coming at stadiums that won't feature in finals. B2B from anywhere would be sweet! If we learn nothing from this game, it's that we have to look at one week at a time though. Best of luck in the finals, Pies pretty well placed and looks like you'll be parked at the MCG.

Never said I enjoyed the half, but fu** me were the premiers and we’ve been the best team in the competition over the last 4 years. Show a bit of spine and take the bad with the good.

Would hate to see you support a team like Gold Coast or Melbourne if you crack the s**ts over a couple of blemishes in a reasonable season

Last year was great but doesn't have jack s**t to do with the s**t we served up yesterday.

It makes it worse. We're a better team this year on paper and we blew it. A couple of blemishes? LOL.

Last year was great but doesn't have jack s**t to do with the s**t we served up yesterday.

It makes it worse. We're a better team this year on paper and we blew it. A couple of blemishes? LOL.
Mate if you’re going to throw the toys out of the cot after a season like the one we’ve had then I’d hate to see what you’d be like supporting a team that doesn’t have regular success. See how you go supporting Melbourne who haven’t won a flag since the 60’s or St. Kilda who’ve won 1 flag in over 100 years. We’ve won 4 flags in 32 seasons, that’s a great strike rate and puts us right up there in terms of overall success since we joined the comp.

Do you know how many teams have gone back to back in the AFL era? 3. 3 teams in 30 years. It’s probably the hardest thing to do in footy. Even the great Geelong side of the late 00’s couldn’t pull it off.

Last night was a ******* shitshow but that’s footy man, you have to take the good and the bad when they come.

Our season is far from over, if Brisbane can roll the Tigers today we’ll still finish 4th. It just won’t be as straight forward as it might’ve been.

Last edited:
To be fair, we're 9-3 at home and 6-4 away, with 2 of those coming at stadiums that won't feature in finals. B2B from anywhere would be sweet! If we learn nothing from this game, it's that we have to look at one week at a time though. Best of luck in the finals, Pies pretty well placed and looks like you'll be parked at the MCG.
Thanks mate. Best of luck to you guys too. Go do some damage. 👍

I've seen this said a few times but I can tell you it won't happen. That amount of travel to capture lightning in a bottle against 3 of Geelong, Brisbane, Richmond and Collingwood will not happen.

Collingwood-Richmond GF for mine with Collingwood atoning for their heartbreak of last year. I can live with that, I think it's fair.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hawks played very well, your blokes were way below their best. But if any team can win a flag from 5th, it is the Eagles. With Nic Nat primed to come in and give your mids first use of the footy, I think you can keep the faith. How sweet would it be if you go back to back this year from 5th. Keep backing your team in mate. They are a formidable outfit.

Thank you for your kind words 👍 It most certainly would be, but if we can’t, then I sincerely hope the Pies can. You guys have done a great job to get there with all the injuries. Yes to Collingwood. NO to Richmond or Geelong 😛

I've seen this said a few times but I can tell you it won't happen. That amount of travel to capture lightning in a bottle against 3 of Geelong, Brisbane, Richmond and Collingwood will not happen.

Collingwood-Richmond GF for mine with Collingwood atoning for their heartbreak of last year. I can live with that, I think it's fair.
I appreciate that. FWIW if it all ended in a Tigers-Eagles GF, I’d still be cheering for West Coast. BIGTIME.

Thank you for your kind words 👍 It most certainly would be, but if we can’t, then I sincerely hope the Pies can. You guys have done a great job to get there with all the injuries. Yes to Collingwood. NO to Richmond or Geelong 😛
Thanks mate. But don’t write your boys off yet. They are scary when they’re on. If you make the GF and you’re playing Richmond, then I’m an Eagle for a day.

Thanks mate. But don’t write your boys off yet. They are scary when they’re on. If you make the GF and you’re playing Richmond, then I’m an Eagle for a day.

Funnily enough, I’m quite fascinated to see what happens. Our heart and soul (Nic) should be back... let’s see what he can do, his value to our side is astronomical.
Really impressed with Collingwood. You guys deserve it if you get there. As I said, a huge no to Richmond or Geelong 🤮🤬

Funnily enough, I’m quite fascinated to see what happens. Our heart and soul (Nic) should be back... let’s see what he can do, his value to our side is astronomical.
Really impressed with Collingwood. You guys deserve it if you get there. As I said, a huge no to Richmond or Geelong 🤮🤬
Funny how we’ve all got that in common. 😀

Has the way we’ve played tonight instilled “belief” in this mob?

We’ve been shown up, when clubs put us under intense pressure we fold.

Really? I knew two minutes into the last quarter they were going to just give up and lo and behold another blowout.

Heaven forbid they showed any heart.
Really? Pressure like the GF last year??

One thing this team has and that is beleif, that they are never out of it. Last night they were outplayed and unfortunately I think their beleif outwighed their commitment.

Funny how we’ve all got that in common. 😀

Yep ... I tell you what ... if we can't make it then I am going to back the Pies. Saw lots of good in Pies fans when they lost last year - I was there and they handled the loss better than I would have. Can't believe I would contemplate backing the Pies in but here I am.

Screw Scott and the Dangerfield show + Riewoldt and the pleb Tiger army. God help us if either of those teams make it. I won't watch.

Yep ... I tell you what ... if we can't make it then I am going to back the Pies. Saw lots of good in Pies fans when they lost last year - I was there and they handled the loss better than I would have. Can't believe I would contemplate backing the Pies in but here I am.

Screw Scott and the Dangerfield show + Riewoldt and the pleb Tiger army. God help us if either of those teams make it. I won't watch.
Thanks mate. My girlfriend is an Eagles member and was at the GF last year. Our relationship survived 😂. It was my turn to console her last night but I reassured her that Eagles can still win it this year. You have the talent.

Really? Pressure like the GF last year??

One thing this team has and that is beleif, that they are never out of it. Last night they were outplayed and unfortunately I think their beleif outwighed their commitment.

We’re talking about last year, not this year.

This year 5 of our 7 losses were blowouts.

Lions 44 points.
Power 42 points.
Cats. 58 points.
Swans 45 points.
Hawks. 38 points.

That’s why we are not top four. Because too often this year when teams got on top the boys didn’t dig deep and fight.

Hard to argue with those numbers.

Lions 44 points.
Power 42 points.
Cats. 58 points.
Swans 45 points.
Hawks. 38 points.

That’s why we are not top four. Because too often this year when teams got on top the boys didn’t dig deep and fight.

Those defeats were disappointing but Wce have gone on winning streaks as well ..
After the Brissy loss came a 3 game winning streak ..
The Power and Cats defeats were back to back ..
Then a 5 game winning streak..
Loss to Sydney..
Then a 3 game winning streak..
Loss to Magpies..
Then a 4 game winning streak..
Back to back losses to Tigers and Hawks..
So maybe a 3 game winning streak coming ..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Those defeats were disappointing but Wce have gone on winning streaks as well ..
After the Brissy loss came a 3 game winning streak ..
The Power and Cats defeats were back to back ..
Then a 5 game winning streak..
Loss to Sydney..
Then a 3 game winning streak..
Loss to Magpies..
Then a 4 game winning streak..
Back to back losses to Tigers and Hawks..
So maybe a 3 game winning streak coming ..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I would much prefer a four game winning streak. 🤞

Lions 44 points.
Power 42 points.
Cats. 58 points.
Swans 45 points.
Hawks. 38 points.

It wasn't purely down to us, though. All those losses occurred when Nic wasn't playing (except the Collingwood one). Remember, he played 17 games for us last year, and we'll be getting him back for the finals.

A lack of preseason, awful conditions and playing away at grounds we don't do well at contributed to the first four. Really, that Hawthorn game was the worst thing we've put up for the entire year.

Back