Sep 12, 2013
10 min from Optus
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Lakers Claremont
Time to match it with the threads.

I am going for players that made a difference not just the high stats:

5. Lakay - she has worked hard on her running. body work and game awareness. We have a good one there.
4. McCarty - spend a fair amount of time on Phillips and really powered through the midfield topping it off with a great goal
3. Lewis - back to her hard nut ways of her first season
2. Western - polish on the outside and follows up giving an outlet, an option and has very clean skills
1. Sedunary - really gave the physicality we needed

HM
Swanson - did the lions share of running and got a lot of it but was less damaging
Rowley - showed a massive step up from last year and was tough at it
Loving the Ella and Kate show up forward - watch it build

5 - McCarthy, completely nullified Phillips while putting in a great game herself. Adapted to the conditions well with her soccering and knowing the right times to just run with it rather than try a cute pass. Goal was awesome
4 - Lackay, dominant tall on the ground, really solid at ground level. One of our cleanest players below the knees today and ran out the game really well. Stood up.
3 - Lewis. Love her. Nugget. Built and plays like a brick shithouse, my favourite type of player. Great to see her play like the player we knew she could be. Not even the greatest game she's capable of but just did what she needed to do.
2. Swanson. See Lewis, not her greatest game offensively but just a good, solid, Redden style leader game where you're proud of her output as captain.
1. Rowley. Absolute twig still but cracked in harder than anyone, was clean and loved that she got consistent midfield time. Hopefully becomes a cleaner Bowen replacement for us.

HM
Sedunary
Western, super clean
McDonald got me very annoyed in the first half but redeemed herself in the second with some good touches - just feels a bit too laconic and not angry enough for a key back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back