Game Day West Coast vs Cockburn Rd 1 Ansett Cup

Yeah I can safely say if Wilson head-butted one of an Eagles player's knees accidentally forcing them out for 6 weeks I'd be muttering "*en dog campaigner Wilson" under my breath regularly.

But he is a dog campaigner anyway.

Like our fans at the game who booed Fyfe, really.

What's funny is that i didn't even realize everyone was booing him because he got given the random free kick from the Langdon knock.

I was just booing him for being a flog :shrug:

Jan 13, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Yeah I can safely say if Wilson head-butted one of an Eagles player's knees accidentally forcing them out for 6 weeks I'd be muttering "fu**en dog campaigner Wilson" under my breath regularly.

But he is a dog campaigner anyway.
Wilson always reminds me of the sterotypical 90's bogan when I look at him. Rocks up to the corner shop in his v8 commodore, wearing thongs, stubbies and a wife beater, can of vb in hand, spits on the
ground as gets out and then goes in to buy a pack of winnnie blues.

DanWA

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 13, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Fremantle Sharks
Exactly this. Man why are footy fans such absolute bitches sometimes.

Are freo supporters upset simply because the free kick was incorrectly awarded to Sheppard??

Surely surely they can’t expect that to be a reportable offence. fu** me dead
They are upset because they want a suspension

DanWA

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 13, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Fremantle Sharks
The rule is contact below the knees not diving at the legs tho.

It’s a clear free to Freo.
Banfield initiated the contact. This is not the black and white example of what the rule is about

That is the purples whole argument with Fyfe knocking Langdon out also

Banfield initiated the contact. This is not the black and white example of what the rule is about

That is the purples whole argument with Fyfe knocking Langdon out also
What does a head clash have to do with the Banfield incident?

Edit: Sorry I see what you mean. Flawed logic by their fans. I think the Sheppard one is a clear free as he chose to go to ground.

May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man City, Valencia, Lazio, Panthers
Suppose you’d be angry at Cole for tackling Lobb then as well
Well Freo are excatly Spolt for choices in the KPF or tall forward department.

Theres only 2 players on the Whole dockers playing list that can Fill that FF role in the Goal square. Lobb is one of them Taberner is the other.

DanWA

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 13, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Fremantle Sharks
What does a head clash have to do with the Banfield incident?

Edit: Sorry I see what you mean. Flawed logic by their fans. I think the Sheppard one is a clear free as he chose to go to ground.
He was in the contest with Tabener also going to ground with him. Banfield ran in there and collected Shepherd with a knee to the head

But yeah the relevance to the Fyfe incident was the purple flawed logic about getting to the ball first

DanWA

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 13, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Fremantle Sharks
Well Freo are excatly Spolt for choices in the KPF or tall forward department.

Theres only 2 players on the Whole dockers playing list that can Fill that FF role in the Goal square. Lobb is one of them Taberner is the other.
Excellent trading/drafting by mastermind Peter Bellend

Jan 13, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
high contact free to Shep
Thanks, so Carbine Chaos it obviously wasn't a clear free to Banfield then. From the vision and the pictures that have been posted on here it looks like Shep dives for the ball and gets first hands to it and then Banfield arrives slightly after and from the side. Imo that's not what the rule is designed to stop, it's there to protect people stationary at the contest from having their legs taken out by someone sliding in from outside the contest. Obviously an unfortunate incident and you hate to see injuries at any time but I don't think it's really Shep's fault at all.

well the positive is there are some good kids coming through playing in the backline and in the middle.
With all the high draft picks you’ve had over the last 5 years you’d hope that’d be the case

May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man City, Valencia, Lazio, Panthers
With all the high draft picks you’ve had over the last 5 years you’d hope that’d be the case

Well you can have many high picks as you want, but if you Dont have the recruiting staff to choose the right players at the right time. Those early picks are use less.

Helps to get some ok players with those late picks in the National Draft and rookie draft too.

I mean look at the 2008 Draft. The demons chose Jack Watts. You guys chose Nic Nat at pick 2 and freo chooses Stephen hill at pick 3.

Sep 30, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Freo and Bulldogs, ManU
He was in the contest with Tabener also going to ground with him. Banfield ran in there and collected Shepherd with a knee to the head

But yeah the relevance to the Fyfe incident was the purple flawed logic about getting to the ball first

"West Coast star Brad Sheppard has admitted he was in the wrong during the incident which left Fremantle youngster Bailey Banfield with a syndesmosis injury, despite the umpire awarding the defender the free kick.

Both Banfield and Sheppard needed treatment following the clash on Sunday, with Banfield seriously injured and Sheppard needing stitches to his face.

Sheppard dived on the ball and his body crashed into Banfield’s legs during the contest. The Docker will spend several weeks in a moonboot and Sheppard said he’d done the wrong thing by the way he attacked the ball.

“Hopefully Bailey’s ankle or knee is okay,” Sheppard told TABradio."
“Looking back on the vision it was probably a bit careless on my behalf. My thoughts are with him. Hopefully he’s OK.

“What the AFL have done to protect the bloke with lower leg injuries – we’ve had Jaymie Graham as a coach go down with a sickening leg injury when he was playing for South Fremantle in the WAFL. You’ve got to protect the guys and the legs. I would have thought the free kick would have been Bailey’s. I wasn’t expecting it to be my way"

DanWA

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 13, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Fremantle Sharks
"West Coast star Brad Sheppard has admitted he was in the wrong during the incident which left Fremantle youngster Bailey Banfield with a syndesmosis injury, despite the umpire awarding the defender the free kick.

Both Banfield and Sheppard needed treatment following the clash on Sunday, with Banfield seriously injured and Sheppard needing stitches to his face.

Sheppard dived on the ball and his body crashed into Banfield’s legs during the contest. The Docker will spend several weeks in a moonboot and Sheppard said he’d done the wrong thing by the way he attacked the ball.

“Hopefully Bailey’s ankle or knee is okay,” Sheppard told TABradio."
“Looking back on the vision it was probably a bit careless on my behalf. My thoughts are with him. Hopefully he’s OK.

“What the AFL have done to protect the bloke with lower leg injuries – we’ve had Jaymie Graham as a coach go down with a sickening leg injury when he was playing for South Fremantle in the WAFL. You’ve got to protect the guys and the legs. I would have thought the free kick would have been Bailey’s. I wasn’t expecting it to be my way"
Quoting TheWest articles now Lach72 wow wee

Brad is a top bloke would be hurting inside about Bailey's injury

Back