Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 17, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Tassie Devils
Article is from last year.
lol their theory that local umpires would be less biased didn't really turn out so well:

Sep 28, 2007
AFL Club
Essendon
We had Daniher our last time.

I get it but that was still a very good win...I wouldn’t devalue it too much.

I think we are a definite chance tonight...wouldn’t go as far as predicting a win, but definitely should be in the hunt.
I wasn't posting that to devalue the win at all. It was a brilliant win and I loved it.

A win despite them having more free kicks at 3 quarter time than they had points, and that included a goal they allowed that was touched, despite the "every goal is reviewed" line they trot out.

I was just highlighting the fact that winning last year doesn't make us favourites this year.

I'm actually just hoping for a solid team performance and for a night where we won't need to discuss the umpiring at all

Rednblak

Debutant
Feb 1, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
If we are switched on i hope we take our chances going inside 50. The thought of laverde taking a set shot worries me more than daniher, in saying that laverde, tipungwuti and smack are due for a breakout performance

Oct 2, 2012
Adelaide
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Boston Celtics, Miami Dolphins
WCE - 6 changes (although wouldn't surprise if Yeo or Hurn don't get up), coming off a bye, haven't been in great form.

EFC - short week, stable lineup, starting to build form, defensively solid.

I think we'll do to WCE the same we did to the Hawkes, too much pace and a stifling backline.

Bombers by 19.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

fairbump_playon

Premiership Player
Jun 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
The main risk is that West Coast's kicking is elite and penetrating. We didn't look good when Hawthorn controlled the ball that way.
Can we pressure their defensive ball carriers enough to break that up? Surely a key consideration in the Brown over Francis decision.

DapperJong

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts SFA Good Friday Appeal Spooderman Meme Medal Pantskyle BeanCoiNFT Investor
Feb 11, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Juventus
The main risk is that West Coast's kicking is elite and penetrating. We didn't look good when Hawthorn controlled the ball that way.
Can we pressure their defensive ball carriers enough to break that up? Surely a key consideration in the Brown over Francis decision.

On the contrary I think we let the Hawks have the ball in an area that wasn't damaging. We actually let them chip it across half back. As soon as they went forward they couldn't do anything with it. That's why they had more inside 50's than us but hardly any scoring shots.

Our defensive setup is purring at the moment.

Sep 12, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
On the contrary I think we let the Hawks have the ball in an area that wasn't damaging. We actually let them chip it across half back. As soon as they went forward they couldn't do anything with it. That's why they had more inside 50's than us but hardly any scoring shots.

Our defensive setup is purring at the moment.
Yeah this. Happy for them to kick it around with little 15-25m nothing kicks. Difference is WCE have competent forwards who space well, lead well and draw the ball

DapperJong

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts SFA Good Friday Appeal Spooderman Meme Medal Pantskyle BeanCoiNFT Investor
Feb 11, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Juventus
Yeah this. Happy for them to kick it around with little 15-25m nothing kicks. Difference is WCE have competent forwards who space well, lead well and draw the ball

That's the difference. Hopefully we can just win as many 1 on 1s as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back