Preview West Coast vs Essendon, Perth Stadium, Thursday 20/06/19, 8:10 AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

DapperJong

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts SFA Good Friday Appeal Spooderman Meme Medal Pantskyle BeanCoiNFT Investor
Feb 11, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Juventus
Francis. Means Francis has to be held over this week if he is any chance of playing next week. If he plays VFL on Sunday, then he doesn’t play AFL next week. Not ideal for a player building his tank.

Anyway, logical change.

He'll be fine :thumbsu:

A settled side is good news, regardless of who we may want to see come into the lineup.

Good change. Looking forward to tomorrow night.

Bombers_95

Team Captain
Jul 5, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Well the surprise factor of the first 8 goals like last time is gone from this one. West Coast will know how we want to play and how we cut them up last time. We are better defensively to combat Kennedy and Darling who I know weren't available last outing. Bringing the heat around the footy and in the front half should hold us in good stead. Not bombing down the line to tubs McGovern and Hurn will also be key. dons by 15 pts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Vander18

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 22, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
Should be a ripping game. Do worry about our ability to kick goals....mostly because their defence matches up really well with ours. Schofield is perfectly suited to Brown as is Hurn to Laverde. Hopefully Smack can find a way to trouble McGovern, at least occupy him, and Fanta and Tippa hit the scoreboard. Stringer out is a big blow.

That said we match up pretty well in reverse. Ambrose is every bit as athletic and strong as Darling and twice as hard....I expect he’ll take him to the cleaners as long as midfield is applying decent pressure. We have the best set of small backs in the comp so we should handle Ryan, Cripps etc without issue. Kennedy is the worry....not sure Hooker can stay with him on the lead.

Will be a cracker. Cant wait.

Cold Sober

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 28, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Man U .White Sox;Storm,Victory
When is the rocket science named?

In all seriousness I feel hope that season 2019 might be about to properly kick off. Big scalps ahead!
Mate I think we have as much chance of winning as Ben Cousins has of giving up icey poles

Seb78

Premiership Player
Aug 27, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Strangely confident about this one, kinda game we win. The fact that we are not expected to get a result, odds against us playing last years premiers and the hardest road trip in the afl just seems to be a recipe for success (weird I know). Now if we were playing Gold Coast at marvel I probably wouldn't be so confident.

MattF185

All Australian
Jul 16, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Cricket basketball tennis athletics
I wouldn’t be getting confident, lid on people! West Coast will be a different proposition with Yeo and Hurn back.

Sep 22, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
I wouldn’t be getting confident, lid on people! West Coast will be a different proposition with Yeo and Hurn back.

Hurn and Yeo played last time when we won

Our changes

OUTS - Dea, Goddard, Smith, Baguely, Stringer, Green, Myers.
INS - Ambrose, Laverde, Shiel, Begley, Clarke, Parish, Zaharakis.

Their changes

OUTS - Nic Nat, Lecras, Lycett, Rioli, Cole, McInnes, Waterman
INS - Kennedy, Darling, Petrucelle, Hickey, Cameron, O.Allen, Sheed.

Mar 11, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
The conditions will be exactly like tonight’s weather...10-12
Degrees by 6pm start and not a breath of wind around. Very Melb winter like.

So no excuses for the boys. It’ll come down to our levels of intensity and how quick we can move the ball and find teammates in space in the forward line.

If we keep bombing it in high over and over again into F50, I’ll be out walking over to the Camfield by halftime and ordering multiple ouzos.

Apr 6, 2008
coburg
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Australian cricket team
I had pencilled us in to lose this one and then GWS to knock us out of finals contention. However, they have a very unsettled line-up and I wouldn't be surprised if a few of their ins don't play because the omitted are still emergencies. I didn't think of playing GWS here as I just thought every time we played a Sydney team it was up there. Win this and keep the settled line up, with Stringer pushing for selection next week, we could go into the game with confidence next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back