Game Day West Coast vs Richmond - The Future Is Now!

Remove this Banner Ad

Some wise and concise comments from Tiger Land....
I hate losing and also know we can’t win every game . But hate losing like that , premiership teams IMO shouldn’t get beat that bad.
To be honest this weekend was probably the best time to lose lol
They really picked apart our game and outmarked us and stopped our run all game. They played very very well.
We are the premiers we shouldn't be loosing by big. Both Adelaide and Eagles have destroyed us.
We will be a different team come Sept.
Credit to the Eagles they are a seriously well drilled, well structured unit...Umps sucked them off but thats not taking away from their performance.
Good on the eagles, they played their grand final today and we barely showed up. We have bigger fish to fry than some round 9 game in Perth lol
For mine it was how the 4 goal lead early in the third came off the back of frees that went one way. After that the Eagles got momentum and the game was done. But they just didn't earn that momentum to start with.

Great Win , first time in Perth watching the game and tipped the eagles 31-40 . Close .
Hey all you Eagles fans that laughed at me when i said you are a definite top 4 team , have you changed your minds yet ?
Genuinely some brilliant football today , so much to like for this year and the next 5 years ahead with the list fill out over the summer
I have Richmond and WCE as the best 2 teams with a bunch right behind them .
Good luck for 2018 . Flying High

Theres a few players that have impressed me so far this year with Darling being the obvious one followed closely by Sheppard, but the one i really want to mention is Waterman .

Sometimes i forget hes a first year player by the way he plays. CHF is probably one of the most difficult positions to play, you're basically playing in no mans land and for him to play it the way he does is a testament to his ability.

Last edited:
All Hail King Darling..the king is dead, long live the king!
(love the way JK+Darling are working off each other, wait till JK gets his mojo back..!!)
Then you have Liam Ryan and Petrucelli to come back and riff with Willie .
Geez you guys have a deep and versatile list this season , the added pace and x-factor is going to pay dividends come September
Especially if you can maintain top 2 for 2 home finals .

This football is as good as i've seen any Eagles team play at any time, simply sensational. including the 06 side.
It's rivalling 91 Magnum27 and that was some damn fine footy way back then. ;)

As expected - Richmond fall to pieces away from the MCG.

That takes nothing away from us however, a top-two finish is deservedly now ours for the taking.

So much love for the improvement in this side and we didn't even have our best midfielder playing.

Imagine if Dusty were missing for the Tigers - no-one else got over 20 disposals for them.

Just need one of Adelaide, Sydney or Port to get into second and remove the Richmond MCG factor and this year is ours.

Geez you guys have a deep and versatile list this season , the added pace and x-factor is going to pay dividends come September

Shuey like this ..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes, not wishing to gloat too much, but was done without Shuey- arguably our best mid, once again reinforcing the team effort.
With Venables, Ainsworth and Brander in the wings also, good times ahead we hope...

Some wise and concise comments from Tiger Land....
I hate losing and also know we can’t win every game . But hate losing like that , premiership teams IMO shouldn’t get beat that bad.
To be honest this weekend was probably the best time to lose lol
They really picked apart our game and outmarked us and stopped our run all game. They played very very well.
We are the premiers we shouldn't be loosing by big. Both Adelaide and Eagles have destroyed us.
We will be a different team come Sept.
Credit to the Eagles they are a seriously well drilled, well structured unit...Umps sucked them off but thats not taking away from their performance.
Good on the eagles, they played their grand final today and we barely showed up. We have bigger fish to fry than some round 9 game in Perth lol
For mine it was how the 4 goal lead early in the third came off the back of frees that went one way. After that the Eagles got momentum and the game was done. But they just didn't earn that momentum to start with.
Funny.
A lot of the frees came from our great tackles and Richmond’s inept play at the stoppages and in general play.
Can only blame themselves.
Always said they had a soft under belly.

Funny.
A lot of the frees came from our great tackles and Richmond’s inept play at the stoppages and in general play.
Hardwick blames the general home ground advantage though. :think:

Only Clarkson and the Scott bros are bigger umpire-bashers after a loss

Funny.
this one cracked me up..
"Good on the eagles, they played their grand final today and we barely showed up. We have bigger fish to fry than some round 9 game in Perth lol.." .....like who exactly, which bigger fish?

this one cracked me up..
"Good on the eagles, they played their grand final today and we barely showed up. We have bigger fish to fry than some round 9 game in Perth lol.." .....like who exactly, which bigger fish?

I know, right?

We are the big fish right now. There is no bigger fish than us.

Keep Ah Chee in. Get some AFL games in him. He could be a big X factor. Were yet to see him at his best.

He's another Yeo.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
My sentiments exactly! He could be anything (mainly good) at this stage. While we're not seeing a lot of
stats or ball use yet, he's working his way in, but what I see I like! He's got that low centre of gravity/ core strength like Yeo and Cotchin, seems clean and can kick goals.

I know, right?

We are the big fish right now. There is no bigger fish than us.

or Adelaide, who also fried them...maybe teams that make them look bigger on the MCG?

Ah Chee as an outlet mark when clearing D50 was a success. That has been an issue for us previously so I'm rapt to have another competent overhead mid/fwd rotation in the side that allows JD and JK to play deeper in those situations.

How salty are the tigers fans, just admit you got smashed fair n square. Darling (the bloke everyone loved to give s**t) tore not only Rance but your whole backline to shreds it was like watching a 17 year old play against 12 year olds

Remove this Banner Ad

Back