Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
at Optus Oval on Sunday. Both come into this fixture with outstanding form and the Eagles have been the surprise of season 2018. They were missing 7 first choice players on Saturday including influential big man and ruckman Nick Natanui, star backman Jeremey McGovern and quick mids Shuey and Sheed. Jetta off the half back was also an absentee. Big scalp at Spotless vs the Giants which will give them much added belief when they return home to take on the reigning premiers Richmond. I'd like to see who will come back into the team for West Coast as I believe Shuey is facing a stint on the sidelines so he will be out.

The Tigers will no doubt want to make a statement on the road and look to stake their claim as the best team in the comp with a big away win. Then again if they were to lose it is a road game against a formidable team at a formidable venue so how much will it really tell us at this time of the year. It's all about what you do in Septemeber at the MCG. Not what you do in May. Nonetheless will be a confidence booster for whoever wins it.

Predictions? Thoughts?

at Optus Oval on Sunday. Both come into this fixture with outstanding form and the Eagles have been the surprise of season 2018. They were missing 7 first choice players on Saturday including influential big man and ruckman Nick Natanui, star backman Jeremey McGovern and quick mids Shuey and Sheed. Jetta off the half back was also an absentee. Big scalp at Spotless vs the Giants which will give them much added belief when they return home to take on the reigning premiers Richmond. I'd like to see who will come back into the team for West Coast as I believe Shuey is facing a stint on the sidelines so he will be out.

The Tigers will no doubt want to make a statement on the road and look to stake their claim as the best team in the comp with a big away win. Then again if they were to lose it is a road game against a formidable team at a formidable venue so how much will it really tell us at this time of the year. It's all about what you do in Septemeber at the MCG. Not what you do in May. Nonetheless will be a confidence booster for whoever wins it.

Predictions? Thoughts?

Why would anyone reply to this. You tried to build it up but then basically just said it’s a meaningless game as it’s only May and the GF is played on Richmonds home ground.

Probably the biggest match of season 2018 so far. Whoever wins will make a big statement, but I feel the Tigers winning away will be a bigger one: it will basically say that if we can beat you at your home, you're Buckley's change at the MCG. I kind of feel we have to win this one to really be taken seriously as a premiership contender, not that, of course, losing means we're somehow ruled out. But it should be a mouth-watering clash.

I'd prefer Richmond didn't. Want to see how we are against the best.
I’d prefer we didn’t as well.

I want us to take over as close to our best 22 as possible.

It feels very much like the Adelaide v Richmond game in round 6 last year, I hope it’s a different result and we’re going to need our best players to beat you guys.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We've had teams throwing the kitchen sink at us for the last 8 rounds and we play a high intensity game that takes a toll. It's inevitable that we will have a drop off. For me West Coast away at a new stadium with a hard surface is a good reason to give some players a break. The downside is we lose top spot.

If Richmond are the clear dominant team in the comp as their supporters seem to believe they should have no fears coming to Perth to play a team that has fielded 6 debutants in 8 rounds.

Geelong, Sydney and Hawthorn never feared coming here. Good teams win everywhere.

Tiges don't fear Perth - 100 point win last time

I think if McGovern gets up, our chances of winning drop from 60% to 40%

I think we have one of the few backlines to beat their forward line & our mids will hopefully be able to win enough inside ball to limit Gaff, Masten & Hurn.

I think we are good enough to win anywhere & have previously been pretty good in WA, so if we get first use and can get the ball into our F50 quickly from the centre rather than from half back, we should be able to get up by 6-18 points.

That said, if Redden/Shuey/Nic Nat win it out of the centre, we could be on the end of an ugly day. I think we probably win in a close one, though if you had to tip a team to win by 40+, it would be the Eagles. We've got a few players down on form & if they get it out of the centre first, we can only kick it down the wing to McGovern & Yeo for so long.

Dusty sore, Nank sore, Prestia not right. That Broad cork looked a bad one. I reckon we'll rest a few.

It's a long season. Some of our second tier players are taking their opportunities which is good to see.

Still hope for a good game.

Eagles by 27pts.

Intriguing game this. Apart from top spot, who has most to gain and most to lose?

Richmond - lose this and the knock on them that they get an armchair ride at the G only intensifies. Win, and anyone who claims they are not the dominant team of the comp can go and get f*****

West Coast - lose, and the FTB claims resurface. Win... well, if we win, it'll only be because we're playing at home, innit.

west coast at 7-1 in Perth is probably as close to a yard stick at this point in time in the season. I can see Richmond resting a few given the hardness of Etihad that we just played on and the hardness of optus stadium as reported. Also the game on Sunday was a pretty tough affair and kudos to North for bringing it! I'm sure there are some sore bodies and think bringing in a few kids for the experience wouldn't hurt us.

I think a loss here with kids will see some positives and not the end of the world but a win with some kids in the side will send a big message to the rest of the competition. We just have to wait till Thursday to see the approach we take.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back