2nds West Coast WAFL (part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

How has JON finished up, sounds like promising signs for him. Hopefully he has a big preseason to build his tank and frame.

Claremont vs Perth game:

Neates: 17 disposals, 1.1
Swift: 23 disposals
Mcginnity: 20 touches
B. Jones: 22 touches
Will Sullivan: 10 disposals, 27 hitouts, 1 goal

In regards to JON, commentators also said it was the best game they've seen him play. Also laid 8 tackles.

Claremont vs Perth game:

Neates: 17 disposals, 1.1
Swift: 23 disposals
Mcginnity: 20 touches
B. Jones: 22 touches
Will Sullivan: 10 disposals, 27 hitouts, 1 goal

In regards to JON, commentators also said it was the best game they've seen him play. Also laid 8 tackles.

Looking good for JON next year. :thumbsu:

Code:
Name         D  K  HB M  T  HO I50 FF FA G.B  Rnk 
JONES B      22 12 10 3  1  0  2   1  2  -.-  64 
NEATES R     17 8  9  2  2  0  2   1  0  1.1  64
SWIFT T      23 10 13 4  5  0  1   0  3  -.-  79  
WILKES B     15 12 3  8  1  0  2   1  1  1.0  74
SULLIVAN W   10 5  5  6  1  27 0   0  0  1.0  80
MCKINLEY B   17 11 6  6  3  0  3   2  2  2.1  84  
OAKLEY-NICHO 18 12 6  6  8  0  4   2  2  1.1  101
HOULIHAN T   17 11 6  3  3  0  2   2  2  -.-  62
SPANGHER M   9  8  1  5  2  1  0   0  0  -.-  50  
STEVENS K    9  4  5  2  5  0  1   1  1  -.-  46

(Log in to remove this ad.)

4.1 to Notte. :thumbsu:

The best thing about today was the contested marking though Groga.

Probably half of his marks were contested and then there were a couple of more heavy crunches that he withstood, that was the best for me. Not saying he can't take a contested mark, just he got up and got on with it.

There was one in the third, I think, about 25m in front of me, where he collided with a pack of about 4. You could hear the sound of bones crunching and flesh on flesh, all 50 people on the hill inhaled, I started vomitting because I thought he'd been killed in the crush, he trotted off to CHF, put his hands on his head and then snapped a goal out of the ruck contest a couple of minutes later. So good stuff!:thumbsu::thumbsu:

Great to hear Swannies.

Maybe he needs to play in the reserves to build up some confidence.

Great to hear Swannies.

Maybe he needs to play in the reserves to build up some confidence.

Maybe, Swans say they are certainly trying to take the pressure off him and obviously he's feeling the pressure. Spoke to him after the game today, drinking his coke zero and eating a chocolate cookie. I did say I thought he could afford to drink Coke!:D

I actually think, and always have, that a lot of his problem is unselfishness, that and Swans are blessed with forwards at the moment. He needs to become more selfish. Lance Daly, who's also a decent forward, took a mark 40m out today and there was a guy free in the goalsquare, but he didn't pop the handball over the top, took the kick himself. Notte took a mark about 55m out and had a vacant goalsquare, with a Swans player running into the goals and he kicked it, beautifully, into the path of the Swans player, who dropped and fumbled the mark but eventually kicked the goal. 5 goals next to his name would look better than 4, but that's not the type of player he is. Sometimes you gotta be.

I actually think, and always have, that a lot of his problem is unselfishness, that and Swans are blessed with forwards at the moment.

No doubt. I'd suggest a fair part of the reason he struggles with the other tall forwards is because he allows them the space and lets them demand the ball. Meanwhile, he often doubles back to be the long marking option that is rarely used.

Well, you know how people vomit when they see the carnage of a traffic accident? Poetic license, but it was a heavy, heavy crash of bodies.

Not much exaggeration. I arrived just before that occurred and that was a super contest and hit.

Swannies.jpg

No doubt. I'd suggest a fair part of the reason he struggles with the other tall forwards is because he allows them the space and lets them demand the ball. Meanwhile, he often doubles back to be the long marking option that is rarely used.

For mine i see that as a endurance/ workrate thing. Needs to get the repeat leads up like Hansen.

Notte kicking 4 against Peel's reserves, RESERVES, is like kicking a bag again against A-Reserve ametuers.

That club is a rabble. It's reserves are terrible.

Notte needs to do alot more than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back