2nds West Coast WAFL, part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

That would mean you hope we finish last again
Not sure i want that

You guys are all forgetting the GWS and considering that Coniglio played in the 16's over in NSW at GWS venue then i can promise you he along with some very talented Vic Country boys and some very talented SA boys will be playing in NSW

An unbe;ievably great GF for the WAFL. Ripping crowd treated to one of the best ever GF"S at any level.

For me AFL standard players were clearly 4 players; Krakouer, Waters and Coniglio and Pearce

Players who are worthy AFL players with some work are; Schammer, Stevenson, Neates and Swift.

Players with potentially an AFL career; Brabazon, Jetta and Richardson.

Guys who are great WAFL players but athletically, size, etc are caught short....
Oops Dinner time will get back to those players

The days of hiding talented kids in WA are long gone. I say we ship Coniglio off to Fiji to play in the comp Rodan, Carlisle and Naita are starting up. Find him there, recruiters!

You put Walters and Pearce before Stevenson :S

I didn't see Pearce hit a target all day, tbh.

Yeah apologies with the misunderstanding. I wasnt listing best players i was listing players who are of a certain standard and stand out.
For me Pearce is the best kick of the football from both sides (incl Krak) as he really thumps that ball with a low trajectory that hits targets with a thump(yeah he hit targets), he is also clearly physically able to play AFL in tifght situ. Waters just oozed class with his input, manouervrability, in close skills, foot skills and quick pace over a few metres.

Definately in the GF i though guys like Walton and Twoomey for example were better players on the day but i doubt if these guys are up to AFL standards.

Their are great palyers who will be very good at WAFL level: Guys like Simpson, Geappen, Wilkes, Starling, Raoch, Roberts, Foster, Twomey, Laurie, Spenecr, Ninyette, Mitchell, Crawford, Ames and Robunson. I believe these players all have deficiencies at AFL level(could play it but not players with an ability to reg dominate)
Ninyette has the ability but I dont believe he would have the work ethic or the body to play definately has the skill.
Guys on the borderline for me are Davis, Riggio, Hinkley, Walton.
I also believe in the next few years with the compromised draft that the three big blokes would be worth looking at.

I deliberately havent mentioned Blackwell or Hansen. Blackwell i just havent seen enough of him play he has had a good year and seems to have all the attributes. Hansen's leading is brilliant, marking is good but his kicking ever since that hamstring is woefull, let alone his turning circle

I understand. But I do think Swift, Neates, Schammer and Stevenson are of a higher standard than Pearce and Walters. Just my opinion.

Schammer is not of a higher standard than the kids from my u10 football team. They all go in harder and can hit a target.:eek::)

Swift was at least around the ball, made errors, yes, but he can get near the ball. I reckon he simply needs confidence. Look what new found confidence did for A Krakouer.:thumbsu:

Can't believe anyone hasn't mentioned Kane Mitchell. Was the reason, IMHO, that the Tigers were close and ran his guts out all day.

Other than that, GO you Black Ducks, you Fn beauty. As Josh Roberts said, it was a beautiful day!!!

Not sure why Swift is playing average footy.

It may be confidence, or maybe he's not enjoying his footy, not sure but he is getting a case of the Mastens where every 2nd disposal is below par and you begin to expect as much.

I certainly don't like his haircut, makes him look even more like a giraffe. Maybe like Sampson he needs his long hair back...

Hopefully he will come good after another pre-season.

^^^

Sounds like Broome must be really effective with his disposals, as it's not often a 17 disposal 1 goal game beats a 30 disposal 2 goal game.
Goes to show once again that stats rarely show the full story.
Really happy for him and for Weedon doing well as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back