West Coast - where to now?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
In 2006 West Coast went 10-2 outside WA. No reason why this year's team can't repeat if they're good enough.

Made to look slightly better by playing a non Victorian side in one of the MCG games.

Still went 10-2 at home against non WA sides too, by the way, in 2006.

And, as a whole, the trend is for sides to do better at home than away. I don't see why this is a point of contention for some. Obviously there are exceptions for individual seasons but overall sporting teams do better at home than when they have to travel.

Are those stats for 10-1 or better (ie 11-0) as well

Do you know how many made top 2? Probably more important than top 4 for us.

That's just 10-1. 37/46 finished top two after h&a.

Adding in 11-0 and 10-1-1

55 occurrences
- 54 finished top four
- 46 finished top two after h&a
- 38 reached the grand final
- 22 were premiers

Made to look slightly better by playing a non Victorian side in one of the MCG games.

Still went 10-2 at home against non WA sides too, by the way, in 2006.

And, as a whole, the trend is for sides to do better at home than away. I don't see why this is a point of contention for some. Obviously there are exceptions for individual seasons but overall sporting teams do better at home than when they have to travel.

Sure, but the best teams will win anywhere.

You need professional help.
Reply to the topic at hand thanks .

but speaking of professional help someone who constantly posts under an alias for fear of having their feelings hurt by strangers on internet saying nasty things about their team would be an ideal candidate for "professional " help I would of thought

Your team WC is flying atm, embrace it !,eagle boy

Yes but how's that working out for Richmond?

Stop trying to cause a shitfight when most of the discussion so far has been very reasonable.

They weren't good enough in their trips to Adelaide and Perth, not by a long shot, but premierships aren't won in April or May.

Write off the defending premiers at your peril. They are only a game behind FFS.

Yep really only Richmond in the gf should be causing headaches for the weags.
Melbourne should this form continue potentially too but think their inexperience would count too much against them.

On why WC are flying atm not sure about others but I think Sam Mitchell is a massive reason why.
Has their weakest area of the ground humming atm and has definitely added to their overall game style/play

Eagles keep this form up next year then doubt he sees his contract out in the west.
( too many suitors back home)

Melbourne should this form continue potentially too but think their inexperience would count too much against them.

On why WC are flying atm not sure about others but I think Sam Mitchell is a massive reason why.
Has their weakest area of the ground humming atm and has definitely added to their overall game style/play

Eagles keep this form up next year then doubt he sees his contract out in the west.

Natural successor to Clarko. Would be like Worsfold doing a couple of years at Carlton to hone his craft then his original club comes looking...

I think many Eagles fans would agree with you that Sam Mitchell must be making a massive difference to how our midfield operates. Clean ball movement, spreading properly, tackling like maniacs.

Unless WC fire him, he has no choice but it see out his contract. Thats how contracts work.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Alas the whistle will be put away in September

West Coast Free Kicks @ Optus

Rd1 20 - 28 v Sydney (-8)
Rd3 26 - 18 v Geelong (+8)
Rd5 28 - 19 v Gold Coast (+9)
Rd6 22 - 20 v Fremantle (away) (+2)
Rd7 30 - 13 v Port (+17)
Rd9 21 - 10 v Richmond (+11)
Rd11 25 - 12 v St Kilda (+13)

Total of 172 v 120 free kicks (+52). Won every count except round 1, which is the only game they have lost this season.

Fremantle Free Kicks @ Optus

Rd2 23 - 22 v Essendon (+1)
Rd3 21 - 22 v Gold Coast (away) (-1)
Rd5 15 - 25 v Dogs (-10)
Rd6 20 - 22 v West Coast (-2)
Rd8 16 - 23 v St Kilda (-7)
Rd10 21 - 24 v North (-3)

Total of 116 v 138 free kicks (-22). Only won the count once in round 2, our first game at Optus, and only by just 1 free kick.

Good teams dont give away as many frees and get more paid their way.

Thats not hard to understand is it?

Eagles have a multi pronged tall forward line complimented by hard tackljng smalls. Opposition backlines struggle against quality talls, Freo have no quality talls and are crap at forward half pressure.

Eagles play two genuine rucks so at some stage a part timer is up against Natanui or Lycett and gives away frees. Our rucks actually chase and tackle winning frees.

Eagles tall backs attack and mark the ball as opposed to spoiling. Again less chance of giving away frees.

All that possitively impacts free kicks the Eagles way.

Do you dissagree?

How many sides who go 10-1 and DONT at least make the big dance?(besides freo 15';))??
In a very even season your mob have easily been the standout team.

I don't get eagles supporters trying to talk down their team atm. ( tho makes for a relief from all the old fart WC supporters who still act like it's the early nineties and another flags pretty much fait accompli)

To win a premiership a club needs so many things to go right so when your team starts a season like the eagles have nothing short of a flag should be the aim, especially considering what's happened last few years.

I guess as a weags supporter in the back of the mind would be Adelaide last year.
The parallels are strikingly similar.
That said they still easily made the gf last year just happened to choke it up in the only game that mattered.

Clearly if it turned out similar for the weags it would be shattering...:)

I suppose this result is all Freo fans like you can look forward to. Your big more successful brother failing at the final hurdle.

How sad it must be to be a Freo tragic.:huh:

Natural successor to Clarko. Would be like Worsfold doing a couple of years at Carlton to hone his craft then his original club comes looking...

I think many Eagles fans would agree with you that Sam Mitchell must be making a massive difference to how our midfield operates. Clean ball movement, spreading properly, tackling like maniacs.

I think Mitchell will end up coaching Carlton in 2021. Why coach the Hawks after Clarko?

Blues have money and by 2021 will have the list to go to the next level. Dont think Bolton is the coach to take them much further. Mitchell has the experience and intelligence.

Unless WC fire him, he has no choice but it see out his contract. Thats how contracts work.

I've never seen a club hold back an AC from a head coaching gig.

We appointed Michael Voss as an assistant but he didn't even make it to day 1 here before being approached by Brisbane, and we know how that turned out.

“So in other words as soon as Tigers are out of the race.”

I don’t see 1 “if” in his post.

You’ll be favourite with the bookies if we slip out of top 2...

Why does there need to be an "if"?

When the Tigers are out of the race Eagles can then be favourites. Until then the Tigers are favourites.

Your home ground the MCG.

Its not hard to understand surely!

Good teams dont give away as many frees and get more paid their way.

Thats not hard to understand is it?

Eagles have a multi pronged tall forward line complimented by hard tackljng smalls. Opposition backlines struggle against quality talls, Freo have no quality talls and are crap at forward half pressure.

Eagles play two genuine rucks so at some stage a part timer is up against Natanui or Lycett and gives away frees. Our rucks actually chase and tackle winning frees.

Eagles tall backs attack and mark the ball as opposed to spoiling. Again less chance of giving away frees.

All that possitively impacts free kicks the Eagles way.

Do you dissagree?
So Richmond aren’t a good team? We give away the most frees...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back