West Coast - where to now?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just mids really. They should be the easiest to find and therefore the rebuild should be quick, but as someone above said, the problem is not finding a good midfield, but finding an elite midfield. The Eagles’ last premiership was built on an elite midfield (and drugs). I think the Eagles will regret losing their first round draft pick unless they jag an elite player from further down the order.
I would have drafted Brander as well, by the way.

Just need to snag one with a similar pick that landed you guys Fyfe, pick 20 wasnt it?

Easier said than done.

Actually we should swap recruiting staff.

Your mob know how to find and pick mids and ours are only good at picking talls.:think::D

Just need to snag one with a similar pick that landed you guys Fyfe, pick 20 wasnt it?

Easier said than done.

Actually we should swap recruiting staff.

Your mob know how to find and pick mids and ours are only good at picking talls.:think::D
I though getting Clayton will help your recruiting department this year.

The Peel side that crushed Subi in the scratch match last weekend was full of kids. The kids from the Peel GF side are still playing for Peel. Darcy, Nyhuis, Duman, Cox, Logue. The Eagles youngsters have been duds for years , the state of your midfield proves that. Masten has got a gig ffs, haven't you got a better mid than him? Are all your young mids injured?

What about Ibbotson, Ryan, Sheridan, Pearce, Suban, Taberner, Dawson, Sutcliffe and Griffin? Pretty handy contingent.

The Eagles youngsters may have been 'duds for years' but Freo won 8 games last year and 4 the year prior. No combination of kids and senior players is getting it done. Meanwhile we had what most would describe as a pretty ordinary season and still managed to win a final.

Define massive rebuild would you?

Are you talking about the Eagles defense?

Rucks?

Forwards?

The spine?

Or do the Eagles just need to find another gun elite mid and a couple more A grade mids to boost depth?

Say for example Venables, Sheed and a couple of others to step up, get drafted or traded in.
Massive rebuild meaning 15-20 players need to be delisted and start again. The quicker you do it, the quicker you will come out on the other side as your depth players aren't good enough. Midfield is seriously bad and I feel it is going to be exposed this year, especially with an injury to JK who has been carrying your team.

Ruck - One decent player

Forwards - One decent forward who is getting on (excluding new draftees from this year so you might be ok)

The Spine - Tall Backs are fine. Need a CHF

Venables + Sheed are a way off being B grade and you need multiple A graders just to break even.

I'm biased but you just look like you have no one coming through. You didn't get a rising star nomination last year and none of your youth had any massive games that might show they have the potential to be A graders.

OkIa3Nv.gif

Massive rebuild meaning 15-20 players need to be delisted and start again. The quicker you do it, the quicker you will come out on the other side as your depth players aren't good enough. Midfield is seriously bad and I feel it is going to be exposed this year, especially with an injury to JK who has been carrying your team.

Ruck - One decent player

Forwards - One decent forward who is getting on (excluding new draftees from this year so you might be ok)

The Spine - Tall Backs are fine. Need a CHF

Venables + Sheed are a way off being B grade and you need multiple A graders just to break even.

I'm biased but you just look like you have no one coming through. You didn't get a rising star nomination last year and none of your youth had any massive games that might show they have the potential to be A graders.

Would you put the 'Im biased' at the front of your post next time.

Saves us wading though the bias one sided crap you are trolling with.

So just a thought if Freo lose against the Eagles and you guys have been like tanking and rebuilding dor two years now what does that say?

When Sandilands at 35 is still the difference you really should start concerning yourself with discussing how tour teams rebuild is going.

Would you put the 'Im biased' at the front of your post next time.

Saves us wading though the bias one sided crap you are trolling with.

So just a thought if Freo lose against the Eagles and you guys have been like tanking and rebuilding dor two years now what does that say?

When Sandilands at 35 is still the difference you really should start concerning yourself with discussing how tour teams rebuild is going.
At least I can admit. Besides a handful of posters who are clearly wired differently, you would struggle to find any WC / Freo supporters who aren't.

It could be just us having a bad day if we lost which happens with youth. It could be injuries by then, who knows. All I know is you have failed to have any significant big games from your next tier and hardly any excitement from your youth who have actually played a game. If the 1st gamers don't show anything then you could almost put a line through 2-3 drafts which is a huge hole.

Sean Darcy is Sandi's replacement. Currently tracking by age better than any other current ruckman in the game.

At least I can admit. Besides a handful of posters who are clearly wired differently, you would struggle to find any WC / Freo supporters who aren't.

It could be just us having a bad day if we lost which happens with youth. It could be injuries by then, who knows. All I know is you have failed to have any significant big games from your next tier and hardly any excitement from your youth who have actually played a game. If the 1st gamers don't show anything then you could almost put a line through 2-3 drafts which is a huge hole.

Sean Darcy is Sandi's replacement. Currently tracking by age better than any other current ruckman in the game.

I should really stop feeding your trolling but Im bored.

So if the 1st gamers dont show anything we should put a line through 2 - 3 drafts?

What an incredibly dumb think to say.

Like everyone knows that rhe 1st game played is the ultimate measure of a players worth.

It is well known that the Eagles topped up to have a crack and the young kids didnt get many opportunities.......so because we favoured experience over youth all rhe kids are duds? Thats your biased input?

Please tell us what Freo kids have 'showed plenty' in the last two years?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not necessarily. The two clubs use their reserves sides differently. Freo rotated players through the WAFL the other year to ensure they were eligible for WAFL finals. We wouldn't bother to do that with East Perth. That's not to say our approach is better or worse, but we don't seem to place a high priority on East Perth being a strong WAFL side. If we had Venables, Waterman, Rioli etc. all running around each week for East Perth and East Perth dominating that would be awesome, but that's still no guarantee that any success will translate to AFL level. If Jetta or Masten or Redden are back there then should bloody well be dominating against part timers.

No they don't. No one was "dropped" so they could qualify for WAFL finals.

The contribution from both clubs was pretty similar last year with EP getting a slight benefit in most cases
WC%20EP_zpsvp9iyspj.jpg

Freo%20peel_zps2nwv7qao.jpg

Freo 2015 Draft / Trade

H Bennell (f)
D Tucker (b)
H Balic (f)
Colins ?
Yarran (f-)

Well a definate line through that bunch.

Trade in McCarthy (b)
B Hill (a)
Hamling (b)
Kirsten (c)
Drafted
Lougue (?)
Darcy (?)
Cox (?)
Ryan (?)

Traded

Wilson (b+)
Matera (b-)

Drafted

Brayshaw (potential a)
Cerr (potential a)

So really of the draftees of the last three drafts there is a lot of ? On just how these players will turn out.

Just like the Eagles kids.:cool:

Freo 2015 Draft / Trade

H Bennell (f)
D Tucker (b)
H Balic (f)
Colins ?
Yarran (f-)

Well a definate line through that bunch.

Trade in McCarthy (b)
B Hill (a)
Hamling (b)
Kirsten (c)
Drafted
Lougue (?)
Darcy (?)
Cox (?)
Ryan (?)

Traded

Wilson (b+)
Matera (b-)

Drafted

Brayshaw (potential a)
Cerr (potential a)

So really of the draftees of the last three drafts there is a lot of ? On just how these players will turn out.

Just like the Eagles kids.:cool:

If you really think Ryan, Darcy and Logue are ?’s, you haven’t been keeping a close enough eye on your derby rival to worthily comment. One is playing this weekend, one is biding time and the other injured. Cox also has shown plenty but is maybe experiencing 2nd year blues - I can accept him being given a ? at this moment.

No they don't. No one was "dropped" so they could qualify for WAFL finals.

The contribution from both clubs was pretty similar last year with EP getting a slight benefit in most cases
WC%20EP_zpsvp9iyspj.jpg

Freo%20peel_zps2nwv7qao.jpg

So EP played more WC players outright, more 27yo+ WC players and more WC youngsters than Peel played Freo players respectively?

But, but, but didn’t Freo stack Peel just to win a WAFL premiership?

How dare you debunk that myth with just a half hour’s worth of research!!

If you really think Ryan, Darcy and Logue are ?’s, you haven’t been keeping a close enough eye on your derby rival to worthily comment. One is playing this weekend, one is biding time and the other injured. Cox also has shown plenty but is maybe experiencing 2nd year blues - I can accept him being given a ? at this moment.

I put ? against their names because of lack of data / number of games to show consistent form. Thats the point Im making. Its not that they are poor players or guns, we just havent seen enough to make a judgement.

Remeber the kid who was bog in the ANZAC Day game about 7-8 years ago? Cos I cant remember him and he's not on an AFL list any more.

Those players you listed how would you rank them then?

A graders, B, C?

I put ? against their names because of lack of data / number of games to show consistent form. Thats the point Im making. Its not that they are poor players or guns, we just havent seen enough to make a judgement.

Remeber the kid who was bog in the ANZAC Day game about 7-8 years ago? Cos I cant remember him and he's not on an AFL list any more.

Those players you listed how would you rank them then?

A graders, B, C?

All potential A graders - but more likely we’ll get one A and two B’s.

The Eagles youngsters have been duds for years , the state of your midfield proves that. Masten has got a gig ffs, haven't you got a better mid than him? Are all your young mids injured?

Probably seemed like a good comment, but when you've picked the shorter bog average Pearce to go with your good one and a certain Mr Ballantyne, well...........

I take your FFS and double it!

All potential A graders - but more likely we’ll get one A and two B’s.

Potential.

And thats the key word.

The rankings I posted wasnt based on potential it was based on what we have seen to date. Hence the ? being placed against several players.

Isnt every draftee a 'potential' A grader until it is proven otherwise?

Just because they are low draft picks doesnt automatically mean A grade player. As a Freo supporter you should well and truely know that.;)

So EP played more WC players outright, more 27yo+ WC players and more WC youngsters than Peel played Freo players respectively?

But, but, but didn’t Freo stack Peel just to win a WAFL premiership?

How dare you debunk that myth with just a half hour’s worth of research!!
EP also had more WC players qualified for potential finals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back