AFLW West Coast Women 2021 - Discussion

How many wins in 2021?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks mate!

Spoke to Amy tonight at our jumper presentation.

She’s such a good kid, humble as. Trent wants her but is certain WCE will take her #1. Trent mentioned trades as a way of getting her pick over. Hopefully we don’t go for that at all.

Sarah Verrier from Freo there this evening also, supporting her partners presentation for the reserves. Don’t know her that well, but asked how’s she’s finding AFLW and she loves it. So happy to be involved

Good night

Thanks mate!

She’s such a good kid, humble as. Trent wants her but is certain WCE will take her #1.

And rightfully so. :whitecheck:

:rotatinglight::noentrysign:Trent mentioned trades as a way of getting her pick over.:noentrysign::rotatinglight:

I would be super pissed if we went for the trade path to improvement .

Amy Franklin and Ella Roberts are a significant part of our path to future glory.

Thanks mate!

She’s such a good kid, humble as. Trent wants her but is certain WCE will take her #1. Trent mentioned trades as a way of getting her pick over. Hopefully we don’t go for that at all.

Yep. The ONLY good thing about the Eagles being in the situation they're in now is that we get lots of top draft picks. To give that up for extra depth would be incredibly dumb -- depth will come anyway, and it will be higher quality depth if we wait.

Tell Amy to work on her 'surprised' face for the draft. Ellie McKenzie did it well.

Yep, but I think she's definitely going to Freo. She's already a train-on with the Dockers, and midfield depth is about the only area of mild concern for them, so if we take Franklin at 1, they'll take Rowley for sure at pick 2.

The interview is here;

Good of him to spruik the under 18 talent that isn’t actually from his club, but he gets to play under the current permit rules when they should be playing for West Perth.

Good of him to spruik the under 18 talent that isn’t actually from his club, but he gets to play under the current permit rules when they should be playing for West Perth.
Ahh we've had a few like that

Hopefully next year they all come back when our Senior WAFLW side is announced :)

Gutted for my youngest - today she rolled her ankle and is out for 4-6 weeks. Torn her ligament. Was named for her West Perth debut as well with her older sister :(

50% of the team is not AFLW standard.

That is the problem.

She'll take a while but we'll get there eventually. Bowen and Lewis types coming through.

The gulf between the competitive crew who turn up each week and the other half of the team who get "carried" is massive.
You guys will get better.

Sounds like Franklin will be gun.

Fremantle will need to cut players for the draft and some borderline players might come over.

Each year the players not up to standard will decease. Next year the 50% will decrease to 25%. Following year to 10% and then full strength.

Chelsea Randall may finish her at the Eagles.

Emma King may want to return as well.

Could pick up a few Irish girls.

Sam Kerr might want to finish her sporting career at the Eagles.

Etc

Ahh we've had a few like that

Hopefully next year they all come back when our Senior WAFLW side is announced :)

Gutted for my youngest - today she rolled her ankle and is out for 4-6 weeks. Torn her ligament. Was named for her West Perth debut as well with her older sister :(

Unfortunately the commission has said that players who have been at other clubs on permits for the last 2 years do not need to come back, so it’s highly unlikely you’ll get those players back after they’ve developed relationships with new clubs. This will really hurt those clubs that were stripped of their League teams, as their players are being used against them at other clubs now and in the future.

I’m sorry to hear about your daughters injury mate. I hope she recovers quickly and has a good season. 😊

Unfortunately the commission has said that players who have been at other clubs on permits for the last 2 years do not need to come back, so it’s highly unlikely you’ll get those players back after they’ve developed relationships with new clubs
Oh didn’t know that. Let’s wee what happens then.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks like South Freo will have some young talent to keep an eye on this season as well.

Quality outfit. Our scratchy was excellent against them a couple weeks backs in the rain. They kicked 3.8 to our 5.1

WA: Isabella Lewis - West Coast

With a successful background in trampoling, Eagles young gun Isabella Lewis has landed in footy and is progressing in leaps and bounds.

The 18-year-old, who progressed through the WAFL before West Coast selected her with pick No.3 in last year’s NAB AFLW Draft, has quickly earned a reputation for her elite running power, speed and ability to apply pressure.

West Coast AFLW operations and welfare manager Michelle Cowan said Lewis’ elite work-rate helped earn her a debut in the Eagles’ 2021 season-opener against Adelaide.

"Isabella was holding her own at Claremont Football Club in the WAFL as a 17-year-old girl coming from trampolining. Seeing her in pre-season when she first came to the footy club, her work-rate was what really stood out to me initially," Cowan said.

"She was really hungry to be the best she could be and her football ability really surprised me for such a young girl coming from another sport.

"Her versatility is really handy when you’re trying to pick a team as well."

This campaign will see Lewis playing on a wing and spending some time as an inside midfielder as she continues to work on contested ball and fine-tuning her skills and game fundamentals.

"She provides great flexibility for us. I can see her running off half-back, I can see her playing in our forward line, she’s just really hard at it and really clean which is great for an 18-year-old," Cowan added.

"We see Isabella having a long future at our footy club because of the person that she is and the character that she is. She certainly has got development opportunities within her game but she’s got the right attitude to take it on, embrace it and be the best footballer that she can be.

"With that sort of attitude, Isabella can be anything."

With a successful background in trampoling...

giphy.gif

For the footy tragic's out there like myself here is a image that you could only wish for..... if she was playing in an Eagles jumper this season.

Those who have watched some of The Saints games would have be impressed with a first year player who after four games looks as if she is going to be a star.

Here she is in an Eagles jumper running out onto the ground and running through the banner with her older brother.

IMG_2230.jpg

Who is this young AFLW star.

gettyimages-1230860687-2048x2048.jpg

It's Tyanna Smith and she is already a gun

And just who was her brother ......................... yep this bloke.

gettyimages-142553952-2048x2048.jpg

None other than Ashley Smith.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back