AFLW West Coast Women 2021 - Discussion

How many wins in 2021?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too much talent across the Sts team with our injuries , we are done for 2021.

2 wins and an improved style of play, plus two good players in 2022, we are going ok.

It’d be nice to get Dowrick back next year as well. Not sure where she’s at.
Not sure there either.

She doesn't look footy fit at the minute tbh, so hopefully all ok on that front

Good season girls. The improvement pasts the eyeball test, and is reflected beyond Ws. We've gone from not seeing a game plan to seeing one and seeing it work. We've gone from seeing it work for half a game, to a full four quarter performance.

Good signs. Injury battered as well. I look forward to 2022 with a fully fit midfield.

Stand outs this season for me included Bowen, Lewis, Smith and the Kelly sisters. McCarthy was a great get, as was Ward to an extent, and Swanson was reliable as ever. Overall I feel we had a lot more players contribute this season which bodes well for the future.

Tips for the Best and Fairest?

Bowen seems the winner to me but the top 5 is pretty open. Maybe Niamh, Swanson, Smith, Grace? Bresland may have missed too much footy. Ward was solid, so a smokey? Lewis to snare a spot in her first season?

The fact it's much harder to pick this season than last is a great sign of development.

Bowen seems the winner to me but the top 5 is pretty open. Maybe Niamh, Swanson, Smith, Grace? Bresland may have missed too much footy. Ward was solid, so a smokey? Lewis to snare a spot in her first season?

The fact it's much harder to pick this season than last is a great sign of development.

No room for Perera?

IMO

Bowen

McCarthy
Kelly N

Lewis

McCarthy and Kelly missing games will hurt their chances.

Bowen played all the games and is a shoe in IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Spewing i can't make it to the members sundowner, i'll be at Coral Bay.

Was planning on drinking too much and giving Bowen some pointers on her ball drop :moustache:

Good thing that you cant make it, as she may well have been sober and made comment on your ball drop too. :p

Spewing i can't make it to the members sundowner, i'll be at Coral Bay.

Was planning on drinking too much and giving Bowen some pointers on her ball drop :moustache:
“If you just do 45minutes of curls then read the BF WCE Board then you’re guaranteed to be the greatest of all
time”

Congrats to Bella Lewis who’s won the Club Champion award in her first year of AFLW!

Aisling McCarthy finished second. They must have changed the voting system because I don’t know how anyone could have beaten Bowen, but particularly McCarthy who missed multiple games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back