AFLW West Coast Women 2021 - Discussion

How many wins in 2021?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pratt instils confidence and purpose, only one season in to the job, but I think he has been an astute choice.

I love this team of girls, they show grit and passion.

Fellow fans remember the Paul Kelly song......... " From Little Things Big Things Grow ".

I have a very sneaky suspicion that this band of Sisters is built of ... much stronger stuff than its male counterparts.

Not sure if this is an appropriate or politically correct comment .. but I am going to say it anyway, as it's the reverse male counter compliment and I do hope its received in the complimentary way, as I have wanted and intended it to be both delivered and received

This bunch of girls have a massive pair of ovaries. :yellowheart::blueheart::yellowheart::blueheart::yellowheart::blueheart:

The difficult bit comes next, we have to delist to make room.
Players on the edge for me (and with some, this may be injury related) Orme, Pope, Carter, Norrish, Hill, Dowrick, Devlin, Gauci. Now, if Hill or Dowrick were definitely available next year, probably keep. Some of the others haven't had much of a look at it. And all up, its possibly only 3 or 4 of that lot, plus some possible suptises.

The difficult bit comes next, we have to delist to make room.
Players on the edge for me (and with some, this may be injury related) Orme, Pope, Carter, Norrish, Hill, Dowrick, Devlin, Gauci. Now, if Hill or Dowrick were definitely available next year, probably keep. Some of the others haven't had much of a look at it. And all up, its possibly only 3 or 4 of that lot, plus some possible suptises.
What about Gibson?

So a lot of clubs have done their delistings, thoughts on who and how many West Coast will make.
They’ve got 32 on their list so have to make a minimum of five.

So a lot of clubs have done their delistings, thoughts on who and how many West Coast will make.
They’ve got 32 on their list so have to make a minimum of five.

I think the two injury replacements, Liddle and Pope, are automatic delistings.

Devlyn will probably be delisted or retire.

Not sure where any of the players that missed the year - Dowrick, Carter and Hill - are at health-wise. Add Norrish to that list. And Gilmore who wasn’t seen after her concussion.

Orme will probably be touch and go as she was last year.

Hell no.

She's bloody awful. Surely she's due to be cut. Has provided essentially nothing in her 2 seasons on our list. Just underperforming as a senior player.

Was recruited to fill a role, which she has been been extremely poor at, despite coming in with a reasonable CV behind her.

I'd prefer us putting the time and resources into developing a young local product.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gibson is your 2nd highest paid player and boasted that she was getting more than Bowers.
You’d presume her 2 year contract is now up for renewal. Interesting to see if she goes down the Tayla Harris path and asks for even more despite not performing or accepts the lower contract that she is worth.

Gibson is your 2nd highest paid player and boasted that she was getting more than Bowers.
You’d presume her 2 year contract is now up for renewal. Interesting to see if she goes down the Tayla Harris path and asks for even more despite not performing or accepts the lower contract that she is worth.
Her contract will be heavily reduced now. If she’s retained.

Come back pleb, i'm about to ruin your day.
To clarify, I wouldn't keep her unless her contract $ is dramatically reduced. Definitely not a top earner at the club.

But I like the physicality she can bring and I can see this being an asset down back and through the middle. I'd love to see her tag the stars of the competition because her biggest asset is her snide. She could really get under the skin of some of those players IMO.

Harris produces more on the field, but her main value lies of field.

While at first glance I thought Harris asking for 150k was rediculous. But they could probably get that with sponsorship/jobs. To the point they could drop her actual category so she is getting less of the salary cap, freeing up space to promote another player to a higher category.

None of this applies to Gibbo.

On moto g(6) plus using BigFooty.com mobile app

According to reports the AFLW trade period may take place late May or early June with the West Coast Eagles including four other clubs potentially receiving draft pick concessions for the upcoming AFLW draft.

Harris produces more on the field, but her main value lies of field.

I think she is one of the ( if not the most ), over ratted players in the league.

Sure she has a five minute purple patch ,every third of fourth game, but by gee she goes missing for large parts in most games.
Seems as if her one intent, is to throw her weight around and hurt the opposition players, also gives a lot of silly free kicks away with crude bumps and tackles.

She has all the tools to be one of the best in the competition, but since she has moved to Carlton, she really has been very disappointing

And looks a great chance to be back on the list with staffing changes at West Coast and could be a chance for Freo but they probably have that type of player already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back