AFLW West Coast Women 2021 - Discussion

How many wins in 2021?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

10 questions with … Eagle Bella Lewis
https://womens.afl/news/75703
Is it weird to say that Lewis is underrated? Winning a BnF in your first season is almost unheard of. Absolute star already and only going to get better.

Puts the male mids to shame in terms of desire and relative performance.

Mhicca Carter training with the club according to her Instagram - I’m assuming as a train-on player.
As is Korme, both appeared in some training photos from the other week.

Is it weird to say that Lewis is underrated? Winning a BnF in your first season is almost unheard of. Absolute star already and only going to get better.

Puts the male mids to shame in terms of desire and relative performance.
Bella coping some flack from the other girls on the Inside Swoop podcast for hitting the weights hard this off-season. Add that to the shame list for relative performance. If she can improve further on last season it'll be bloody exciting.

After being placed in the midfield group, Thomas has showcased an inherent ability to read the play and solid football nous, but is also relishing the opportunity to learn off senior players in the side and further develop her craft as an inside and outside midfielder.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What happened in the time trail?
I just saw vision of her training with the Eagles group in the time trial, I would post a link if I could remember where I saw it. Dont have any other info about the trial itself. Thought she would have been a chance of relisting myself, the fact she is training with the group suggests the eagles didn't think she was that far off either. Still think there is room for a player like her in the list.

So whats the go here ?

Can we add her on to our list at some point in the future, I am a bit unsure / confused at to the status of her training with us ????!!!!???

That said I would love her on our list, as her goal kicking in the WAFLW last season was high quality.

So whats the go here ?

Can we add her on to our list at some point in the future, I am a bit unsure / confused at to the status of her training with us ????!!!!???

That said I would love her on our list, as her goal kicking in the WAFLW last season was high quality.
3 reasons I can think off.

Bigger training group gives you more options with drills. Forwards against backs, simulated games etc.

'Spare' players. A bad run with injuries can see a club need a top up. Having players that have trained with your system, you can call on is handy.

Keeping players you may require in the future is desirable, for the club, and the sport. Womans sport has a fairly high drop out rate once competitors consider they have reached a ceiling, and arent going to progress any more. These are the people a sport needs. They may also become future picks, Bartlett is a smart player, she fixes her deficiencies, she could be a future pick. Pays to keep her involved and keen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back