AFLW West Coast Women 2022 - Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Britton looks to be in great shape! Do we know if the scratchie is being televised this time around?
Might be streamed buddy, details will be released closer to date šŸ˜Š

Yep its her biggest weakness.When I was there watching 2 weeks ago and they sprinted a lap together as a group,she dropped of the back of the pack and came in third last.

Fitness is an issue for her and she needs to work on it.
She came in near the top of the time trial a few weeks ago. So I would not read into 1 run too much.

Jumper number update: Humphries in 12 in the video on Insta of her taking (and badly shanking) her birthday kick.

4 Ella Roberts (we think)
9 Isabella Simmons
10 Jess Sedunary
12 Emma Humphries
15 Abbygail Bushby (we think)
18 Jaide Britton
20 Kate Bartlett
21 Mikayla Western
22 Ella Smith
25 Eleanor Hartill
32 Krstel Petrevski

?? Sasha Goranova
?? Lauren Wakfer
?? Zoe Wakfer
?? Emily Elkington

1, 8, 16, 26, 29, 33, 34, 36 and above available.

Hard to take that article seriously when they got Z Wakfer as best 22. šŸ¤¦šŸ½ā€ā™‚ļø

Agree.

Obviously the transmission and subsequent vision gets super grainy as it goes over the Nullarbor.

She is a project player and the article writers have been fooled by where she was taken in the draft and have added 2 + 3 and come up with 7.

I also donā€™t see Bennett as best 21.
You canā€™t take that team seriously when Z Wakfer and Bennett are in the team at all, and Charlie Thomas is on the bench.
Think youā€™ll have plenty of wing options like Britton and Western so that a Roberts can be the focal point you need.
It will actually look ok for Rd1 if there arenā€™t too many injuries

Hard to take that article seriously when they got Z Wakfer as best 22. šŸ¤¦šŸ½ā€ā™‚ļø
X Wakfer is probably justified based on Lakay not seen as able to run out a game yet, hence the assumption if youā€™re tall and your twin sister can ruck, then why not.

Also seeing plenty of midfield options that we play Roberts where she has greatest impact and that would be as a balanced mid who is damaging forward. We have other good options as outside mids. Hi Western and Briton.

Biggie, do you know who our train ons are?
Got these names -

Ortlepp Twins - Claremont
Laura Catherine - East Fremantle (190cm)
Briana Hyde - Swans/SANFLW Eags I think (and Mikayla from Freos twin)
Bella Mann - Peel
Jaymee Duke & Grace Betti West Perth

A couple more but unsure who

On Zoe - she hasnā€™t even trained properly yet due to illness.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Got these names -

Ortlepp Twins - Claremont
Laura Catherine - East Fremantle (190cm)
Briana Hyde - Swans/SANFLW Eags I think (and Mikayla from Freos twin)
Bella Mann - Peel
Jaymee Duke & Grace Betti West Perth

A couple more but unsure who

On Zoe - she hasnā€™t even trained properly yet due to illness.

Thanks.

I was a bit surprised that Bella Mann wasnā€™t drafted, I thought she had a pretty good season .

X Wakfer is probably justified based on Lakay not seen as able to run out a game yet, hence the assumption if youā€™re tall and your twin sister can ruck, then why not.

Also seeing plenty of midfield options that we play Roberts where she has greatest impact and that would be as a balanced mid who is damaging forward. We have other good options as outside mids. Hi Western and Briton.
That sounds like the exact same way they recruited her. ā€œYouā€™re tall and your twin sister can ruck, then why notā€.

If she plays a game this year Iā€™ll be very surprised.

Simmons is listed as being tall, donā€™t know anything about her but she was on Melbourneā€™s list so she might be a chance to help out Lakay.

That sounds like the exact same way they recruited her. ā€œYouā€™re tall and your twin sister can ruck, then why notā€.
And the publicity. WCE loves some good wholesome publicity letā€™s be honest here.

Thanks.

I was a bit surprised that Bella Mann wasnā€™t drafted, I thought she had a pretty good season .
Only one from the combine invite NOT to get drafted

That would sting somewhat

Only one from the combine invite NOT to get drafted

That would sting somewhat

Given the state of our backline I would have thought she would have been an upgrade.

Simmons is listed as being tall, donā€™t know anything about her but she was on Melbourneā€™s list so she might be a chance to help out Lakay.

Havenā€™t heard her described anywhere as a ruck, but it seems a pretty obvious move to try her there as a 180cm+ player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back