AFLW West Coast Women 2022 - Discussion

Game is on the line and there’s not too many people you’d want to have the footy other than Swanny. The ball is forward of the wing. She had time to pick out anyone she wants buuuut there’s nobody forward of the ball.

If that clip alone isn’t enough for them to pivot what they’re doing here then nothing will be.

Do we officially take the title of the worst team in the comp again after this?

Feels like our first year all over again.
Worst part is there’s so much more talent on the list than back then. Seemingly set up in a way designed to hinder their strengths and highlight their deficiencies.

For those who watched and followed more than me , are our tall players injured ? we seem very small.

We have no natural tall forward who knows how to play footy and mark it.

Grace Kelly can't mark and has no footy nous, likewise McCarthy who's been thrown forward recently after playing most of 2021 in the mid. She's also not tall. Atkins is a bit more of a wiry forward.

Gilmore is the best bet, she's decent but also 33 and fairly slight. Missed a goal from 20m out directly in front today.

What I'd do for an actual tall forward to develop. Like Amy ******* Franklin for example. Franklin over Charlie Thomas in the draft completely changes our list.

We have no natural tall forward who knows how to play footy and mark it.

Grace Kelly can't mark and has no footy nous, likewise McCarthy who's been thrown forward recently after playing most of 2021 in the mid. She's also not tall. Atkins is a bit more of a wiry forward.

Gilmore is the best bet, she's decent but also 33 and fairly slight. Missed a goal from 20m out directly in front today.

What I'd do for an actual tall forward to develop. Like Amy ******* Franklin for example. Franklin over Charlie Thomas in the draft completely changes our list.
We need talls badly but, given we’d seemingly just push them up to the wing and kick it long hoping we win the foot race anyway, I find it hard to care about the draft decisions.

What a difference it made for the Gold Coast Suns to have someone to aim at even if it was just banging long to the 50. At my most forgiving I might say well Cameron was out, she was our deepest forward last week quite a bit, but this kick to grass and run onto it s**t is dreadful.

Our top pick and number 3 in the draft just had 2 disposals in an entire game of football.

And this is against the wooden spoon team from last year, the worst team in the comp.

If that doesn't highlight problems with our development, drafting and coaching, nothing will.

We weren't unlucky, Fold Coast were clearly the better team. Put in a consistent effort and their ball movement was solid all game.

More contested possessions, Scoring shots, tackles, inside 50's and clearances.

We got a couple out the back and a couple gifted frees in front of goal.

Gibbos goal was actually very well worked though. That's something they can hang their hat on.

Nov 13, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
can't believe that Bowan was included in our best but not Campbell

1642305339029.png

Hype over both Lewis and Bowen today was over the top.

Lewis's output is worse this year than it was in her debut season last year, by a fair amount.

Bowen at least pushed forward for that soccer goal and had 8 tackles.

Campbell was everywhere in the last, it's bizarre I can't find her on the stats sheet.

Sep 27, 2005
Victoria
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
WILDCATS/STH.FREO/CELTICS
Yep game plan/coaching style is horrendous, but our skills are as bad, we had that purple patch for 5 mins and only one goal had any skill attached to it. The others were scrappy at best, the rest of the game was handball targets missed from 5 metres away. We would be lucky if we strung 5 clean passages of play all game.

We struggle with the basics, one of the Suns goals in the last summed that up, they crumbed it off a pack, kicked over heads and rolled through whilst two of us stood about 5 metres away from the goal square with no Sun's player near them. That is basic football cover the goal line.!!

And we are wasting Gooch in the back line get her middle with her skills and toughness.

Back